ìntel dg43nb motherboard doesn't recognise gpu

Go to solution Solved by Ashley MLP Fangirl,
Just now, Abdul201588 said:

Are you connecting the monitor to the GPU or Motherboard? if so, connect the monitor to the GPU. 

i already tried that, but it didn't work. 

i installed Windows, it detected my gpu, while i was plugged into intel graphics, installed drivers for my radeon, swapped the display cable and it's working now. 

i should send this motherboard to LTT for another episode of Haunted Hardware i guess.

hello,

i'm trying to fix up my old gaming rig to play some stuff on it. 

specs:

intel core 2 duo e8400

4gb ddr2

amd radeon hd 6670 1gb

the motherboard is an intel dg43nb, and it doesn't recognise the radeon gpu. it only post's and boots up with the onboard intel graphics. 

i already tried removing the gpu, and putting it back in and setting the BIOS to pcie graphics.

none of that works. 

this motherboard has issues with the standart pci slots, the old white one's, where it doesn't power or detect anything that you plug into them.

it's possible the gpu is dead, because it's quite old and i overclocked it for a while, but it should still detect it right?

i'm currently installing Windows, maybe you guys can reccommend some programs to check if the gpu is being detected by Windows. 

She/Her

Are you connecting the monitor to the GPU or Motherboard? if so, connect the monitor to the GPU. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Just now, Abdul201588 said:

i installed Windows, it detected my gpu, while i was plugged into intel graphics, installed drivers for my radeon, swapped the display cable and it's working now. 

i should send this motherboard to LTT for another episode of Haunted Hardware i guess.

She/Her

Just now, firelighter487 said:

Check if it's enabled in the BIOS. Multi-GPU. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

3 hours ago, Abdul201588 said:

Check if it's enabled in the BIOS. Multi-GPU. 

this board doesn't support mulit-gpu as far as i know. that's the weird thing. 

EDIT: it does. plugged my second screen into the iGPU and it works simultaniously with the radeon gpu

Edited by firelighter487

She/Her

16 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

hello,

i'm trying to fix up my old gaming rig to play some stuff on it. 

specs:

intel core 2 duo e8400

4gb ddr2

amd radeon hd 6670 1gb

the motherboard is an intel dg43nb, and it doesn't recognise the radeon gpu. it only post's and boots up with the onboard intel graphics. 

i already tried removing the gpu, and putting it back in and setting the BIOS to pcie graphics.

none of that works. 

this motherboard has issues with the standart pci slots, the old white one's, where it doesn't power or detect anything that you plug into them.

it's possible the gpu is dead, because it's quite old and i overclocked it for a while, but it should still detect it right?

i'm currently installing Windows, maybe you guys can reccommend some programs to check if the gpu is being detected by Windows. 

Was the GPU having problems before it quit working? Then the GPU probably died since AMD GPU's die quite suddenly sometimes but some times they show symptoms of problems.Try a different GPU on that board that you know works,or try reverse (The HD 6670 in a different board) and see if it posts,and another thing,when it doesn't post with the card does it show any other symptom or problem so you know the GPU isn't working (check differences with and without the card and see how it behaves,means for example,you plug the card in,does it show anything else in the system to behave differently) then that will mean either the PCIe slot on the DG43NB is dead or the HD 6670 is dead,does the GPU fan spin at all?

And that board is old so no wonder if the slot fries and fries the GPU (the GPU is worth more than the system itself,that GPU can still game at 1080p,though I doubt it will with the E8400)

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

3 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Was the GPU having problems before it quit working? Then the GPU probably died since AMD GPU's die quite suddenly sometimes but some times they show symptoms of problems.Try a different GPU on that board that you know works,or try reverse (The HD 6670 in a different board) and see if it posts,and another thing,when it doesn't post with the card does it show any other symptom or problem so you know the GPU isn't working (check differences with and without the card and see how it behaves,means for example,you plug the card in,does it show anything else in the system to behave differently) then that will mean either the PCIe slot on the DG43NB is dead or the HD 6670 is dead,does the GPU fan spin at all?

And that board is old so no wonder if the slot fries and fries the GPU (the GPU is worth more than the system itself,that GPU can still game at 1080p,though I doubt it will with the E8400)

i don't know if you noticed, but i marked this issue as solved. your advice is very good, but this board is just Haunted. 

She/Her

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

i don't know if you noticed, but i marked this issue as solved. your advice is very good, but this board is just Haunted. 

Maybe Not,since The HD 6670 is newer than Windows 7 (I assume you install that,could be wrong,and if i am,sorry) so it won't have drivers (HD 6xxx cards released in 2010,and Windows 7,2009)

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

1 minute ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Maybe Not,since The HD 6670 is newer than Windows 7 (I assume you install that,could be wrong,and if i am,sorry) so it won't have drivers (HD 6xxx cards released in 2010,and Windows 7,2009)

i'm using Windows 10. and i have used this GPU with 7 and it was fine...

She/Her

Just now, firelighter487 said:

i'm using Windows 10. and i have used this GPU with 7 and it was fine...

Probably Windows 10 is haunted now,xD