School question:Grades n stuff

ManOfDisguise

What grades have you/do you accept as in your opinion "good", "bad" and "unacceptable" grades? Example: Here in my country we have the system of 1-5(1 being the best grade, 5 being the worst). I've always had 1s and 2s on my report cards. I rarely get 5s and very little times do I get 4s. But 1,2 are good for me 5 is unacceptable, but I would say 4 is in most cases too. 3..I dunno, it matters.

Now I know a lot of you guys here are from the States so you have the (A,B,C,D,F system i think? correct me if im wrong, i most likely am...).

So how do you study? What grades do you get most of the time? Which grades are your most commone ones and your rarest ones?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

I don't study. I gets "A"s and "B"s are unacceptable. Please note, my family is Asian.

#justasianproblems

In fact, the other day, my mom said "Your report card came in the mail. You're only getting 90s."

I get 78 in L.A but everything else 85ish top mark 97 for I can play gutair and music was fun

here we got 1 to 10

you need to have a 5.5 to pass
i want 7's

i don't learn bcuz i need to play bf, so yeah...

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

For me, a 95 out of a 100 is bad... I prefer a 96 or above.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I don't study. I gets "A"s and "B"s are unacceptable. Please note, my family is Asian. #justasianproblems

Same I get %100

My mom: "You could do better, ask your teacher for extra credit point" (ironically I had an 101% in history)

I just realized that most of the 12 year old on the forum are Asian. weird.

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

From one to ten I like to get 9 and 8, but 6 goes to unacceptable. But only if these things actually correlated to anything

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Mid-high 80s for courses that actually matters, preferably 90+. You know Queen's admission average last year was a 89.7%?

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

I don't study. I gets "A"s and "B"s are unacceptable. Please note, my family is Asian. #justasianproblems

ZOMG ARE YOU LIKE TOTALLY GENIUS IN MATH? DO YOU KNOW KUNG FU/KARATE/TAEKWONDO/JUIJUTSU OR WHATEVER IT IS?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

ZOMG ARE YOU LIKE TOTALLY GENIUS IN MATH? DO YOU KNOW KUNG FU/KARATE/TAEKWONDO/JUIJUTSU OR WHATEVER IT IS?

Math is my favorite subject. I'm even in honors math... Stereotypes FTW. I'm not too good in gym class..

Math is my favorite subject. I'm even in honors math... Stereotypes FTW. I'm not too good in gym class..

Yup. You're Asian. :P

Specs of my PC:

In high school I took many Advanced Placement and Honors classes. I never accepted anything less than a B, although my first year of French landed me with a C+, and is the only C I managed to get. To me A and B are good grades, C meaning you probably didn't try hard enough to learn the material, and a D and F being complete failure.

Here in California the 2 state university systems won't accept any Ds or Fs on your report card and will not count towards credit when applying for university (generally)

Now that I am in my first year of University I haven't gotten anything bellow a B (still). As for studying, I only skim the material I already know, anything I feel is important enough I will read through out of my textbooks and go exploring on the Internet for information. The most important thing for me is liking the material you are covering, as if it isn't interesting then it probably sin't worth majoring in.

My two cents.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Grades are pretty much useless, there only purpose is so that other people can judge you.  In my experience some of the most successful people in the world and the most of the best regarded scientists all got average grades and some barely passed. 

Moral of my story: don't stress it, do the best you can, enjoy being young, and never let go of your goals because grades will not necessarily be the thing that stops you achieving.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I currently get b+'s or A's in my honors classes and all a's in everything else accept algebra 2 which i got a c- because i suck at algebra for some reason. My last report card though was really bad where i only had a b+ in literally every class except orchestra(a+) and algebra 2 (c-). My school has a policy that anything less than 65% is failing now.

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

I'm going to teach all of you younger guys a lesson: GRADES DON'T MATTER. When your profs have every right to completely shaft you on any test, the 80% you're aiming for doesn't matter. You just need to do better than everyone else. If you get a 40%, and the class average is 15%, you're golden.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Good: A- through A

SO CLOSE: B+

Bad: B- through B

Unexptiburu: C+ and below

I got a lot of SOL CLOSES this quarter...

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Maths:0-25 out of 100 its Acceptable
Geometry:0-25 out of 100 its also Acceptable

Physics:50-75 out of 100 which is ok but i aim higher

Biology: 0-35 meh its acceptable 

C# (OOP):99-100 it should me 99 or 100 or else i rage

HTML:0-100 its getting annoying soo much at time im ok with anything i got

Graphic Design:85-100 aiming for the best again hoping for the worst

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

We use a 1-5 system (1 being worst) and I hope for 4 and 5, but 2 and 3 are also OK. If you get a 1 you fail the class.

I'm more of an average student so my average grade is 3,2 (calculated)

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

I finished my school here in bavaria with 2.9 because i was lazy. I wish i had 2.5 so i could've studied biochemistry. Right now i study normal chemistry and it is fucking difficult. I am glad if i get anything above 3.0, i am pleased about just passing with 4.0 too, and that's not because i am lazy but because it's fucking hard. :D Man, i really wish i had gotten up my ass and finished school with 2.5. Biochemistry would've been fucking easy!

who cares...

We use a 1-5 system (1 being worst) and I hope for 4 and 5, but 2 and 3 are also OK. If you get a 1 you fail the class.

I'm more of an average student so my average grade is 3,2 (calculated)

Finally someone with a grade system i understand!

You americans and brits with GCSE and A's and B's and honors and whatever make my head hurt.

But on a morte serious note, in university I find good grades to be above 8 (1-10, 10 being highest.)

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Finally someone with a grade system i understand!

You americans and brits with GCSE and A's and B's and honors and whatever make my head hurt.

But on a morte serious note, in university I find good grades to be above 8 (1-10, 10 being highest.)

Not strange since we're both from Slovenia  B)

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

I just got a 103% in math. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Above a 97% or unacceptable. I have a 95 in one class, 99s or 100s in my others, although I will find out next semester how I really do.

Athlon X4 760K | MSI A88X-G43 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz | MSI R7 260X 2GB | Corsair 300R | Corsair CX430 | 640GB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit

HP W2071d 20" 900p TN | Stock Dell K/B | Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 + SteelSeries Qck Portal 2 Ed. | Grado SR80i + cheap 2.0 speakers