ya like metal??

idontknowwhy

i accidently pasted text and posted it. just ignore this post because I'm too lazy to figure out how to delete it. i wanted to know how many people listen to metal music and if so what kind of metal.

Edited by W-L

I do. I primarily listen to death, doom and black metal, but I'll listen to anything as long as it's good. 

Here are some of my favorites of this year so far.

Not in any particular order though.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Yeah, I listen mostly to Disturbed (even have a tattoo with their symbol).

Besides it, I really like Sybreed and also like 5FDP and In This Moment.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

I prolly shoulda put this in the first thing but I mainly listen to thrash metal as well as metalcore (I know cores suck but I like some of it) the bands I mostly listen to are Metallica, a7x, and Attila. I'm going to a Metallica concert in july.

>says cores suck

>listens to the most hated band in the genre (Attila)

>kek

Joking aside (I'm a huge Attila fan :P), the cores don't suck. Sevenfold also never gets old, I think everyone has a bit of Waking the Fallen nostalgia. Deathcore and especially metalcore are oversaturated with copy-paste bands but there are a few gems and they shine bright as hell.

Wage war, Backwordz, Shadow of Intent, Slaughter to Prevail, Lorna Shore, Architects, Northlane, to name a few. Most importantly, you can't say you've lived until you've listened to Infant Annihilator's latest album :D.

System: i7-4790K | Asus Maximus Formula VII | 16GB (4x4) Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | 2x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 | Thermalfake Core P3 | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB (OS) | WD 1TB | EVGA G2 850W | Windows Non-Consentual 10

Displays: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q | Samsung UN48JU6700

Sound: Sony STR-DN1050 receiver | Athena AS-B2 (Desk) | Sony SS-CS3 (TV area) | Sennheiser HD280 Pro (Mobile/Sound Recording)

Mobile: ZTE Axon 7

27 minutes ago, CRAlG said:

you can't say you've lived until you've listened to Infant Annihilator's latest album :D.

I didn't really dig the new Infant Annihhilator album. I had expected so much more, considering they hired Dickey Allan to do vocals. 

Also, if we're turning this into a conversation for 15 year old mallrats, we might aswell do it in style. 

One of the few deathcore bands I can actually stand.

I love metals, like gold, platinum, silver... wait.... oh nevermind.

Does Týr counts? not really my jam though.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Infant Annihilator, Thy Art Is Murder, Cannibal Corpse, White Chapel, Walking Dead On Broadway just to name a few.

the sky is up

I love metal. I listen to mainly thrash, current go to bands are Sepultura, Havok, Primordial, Whiplash, and Game Over. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

On 5/29/2017 at 4:55 PM, Volbet said:

I didn't really dig the new Infant Annihhilator album. I had expected so much more, considering they hired Dickey Allan to do vocals. 

Also, if we're turning this into a conversation for 15 year old mallrats, we might aswell do it in style. 

Idk man, nobody can do the Smeagle like Dickey Allen. I will say that I was also a bit disappointed with some of the album, I only like about half of it.

Also at the concerts for these bands, the people are generally 25-30, idk which concerts you've been going to :P

System: i7-4790K | Asus Maximus Formula VII | 16GB (4x4) Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | 2x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 | Thermalfake Core P3 | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB (OS) | WD 1TB | EVGA G2 850W | Windows Non-Consentual 10

Sound: Sony STR-DN1050 receiver | Athena AS-B2 (Desk) | Sony SS-CS3 (TV area) | Sennheiser HD280 Pro (Mobile/Sound Recording)

I mainly listen to Metal music. Mostly basic Heavy Metal and Trash, with occasional early Death Metal and Black Metal sprinkled in.

And with Heavy Metal I really like the early stuff from the 70's, Judas Priest being my absolute Favourite.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

23 hours ago, CRAlG said:

Idk man, nobody can do the Smeagle like Dickey Allen. I will say that I was also a bit disappointed with some of the album, I only like about half of it.

Also at the concerts for these bands, the people are generally 25-30, idk which concerts you've been going to :P

I haven't really been to many deathcore shows. The age statement was more of a guestimation. 

The closest thing I've been to deathcore shows have been the two time I've seen Job for a Cowboy play support and some local deathcore acts at open-mic nights. 

Honestly, the whole deathcore/metalcore thing came about too late for me. When those sounds began gaining popularity I was already deep into black - and death metal. 

When I tried to get into it I just couldn't connect with most of the bands. I probably have it the same way with deathcore as my father had it with grindcore. 

It's something you think you could get into, but it's just not clicking with you. Although, my dad did come around to Napalm Death in the end. 

There's also the fact that Copenhagen was never a big deathcore city. The small local acts rarely played deathcore, and the few that did usually split up within a couple of years.

The Copenhagen scene was always more focused on deah - and black metal bands that all competed about who could release the fewest cassette tapes. 

I love metal. My favorite band is A7X, in close second is Beartooth. I like slayer, Megadeth, Metallica, and slipknot as well. I am more of a musician then a tech enthusiast. Want advice or recommendation? Hit me up

Totally don't have links in my signature

I am a big fan of metal. I tend to listen to most power metal, though I do like heavy metal and a bit of pirate metal. 

Bands I like are: Sabaton, Hammerfall, Blind Guardian, Nightwish, Epica, Metallica and a bit of Alestorm.

something something Lamb of God 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

When I was in high school. The metal type stuff I still listen to now is Motorhead, Megadeth, System of a Down, Sometimes Iron Maiden and one In Flames song. 

I'm honestly very surprised to see so many Thrash Metal fans. I though this genre was dying out since it's decline in the 90's. Glad to see I'm not the only one 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

22 hours ago, Volbet said:

I haven't really been to many deathcore shows. The age statement was more of a guestimation. 

The closest thing I've been to deathcore shows have been the two time I've seen Job for a Cowboy play support and some local deathcore acts at open-mic nights. 

Honestly, the whole deathcore/metalcore thing came about too late for me. When those sounds began gaining popularity I was already deep into black - and death metal. 

When I tried to get into it I just couldn't connect with most of the bands. I probably have it the same way with deathcore as my father had it with grindcore. 

It's something you think you could get into, but it's just not clicking with you. Although, my dad did come around to Napalm Death in the end. 

There's also the fact that Copenhagen was never a big deathcore town. The small local acts rarely played deathcore, and the few that did usually split up within a couple of years.

The Copenhagen scene was always more focused on deah - and black metal bands that all competed about who could release the fewest cassette tapes. 

Daaaaamn how was Job for a Cowboy, those guys are dope.

Actually deathcore as a genre is now shifting more towards black and even prog as of late. Funny how that works haha, I guess the genre was so specific people started incorporating other genres to spice it up.

Dude they have open mic deathcore in Copenhagen? That's pretty blessed imo. In Ottawa we get some big names sometimes, but no open mic nights.

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I'm honestly very surprised to see so many Thrash Metal fans. I though this genre was dying out since it's decline in the 90's. Glad to see I'm not the only one 

Thrash will never die.

4 hours ago, CRAlG said:

Daaaaamn how was Job for a Cowboy, those guys are dope.

They're OK, I guess. 

Strange as it is, the two time I saw them was pretty much in each extreme of their career. 

I saw them supporting Lamb of God shortly after the release of their Doom EP and I saw them support Dying Fetus after Demonocracy was released.

The second time they refused to play anything from the Doom EP. Distancing themselves from their deathcore roots. 

4 hours ago, CRAlG said:

Dude they have open mic deathcore in Copenhagen? That's pretty blessed imo. In Ottawa we get some big names sometimes, but no open mic nights.

It's not dedicated open-mic nights for deathcore. 

A lot of the smaller venues just have these monthly (or bi-monthly) nights where everyone is free to play. 

You just have to sign up and they'll contact you when there's a slot open. 

A lot of small bands do take advantage of this, and there have been deathcore bands amongst them throughout the years, 

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Thrash has experienced quite the revival over the last 10 or so years. There's a whole new scene of thrash/crossover bands coming up. 

While the quality of the bands tends to be lacking, there are some great bands among them.  

Of course I listen to metal! \m/

Not strictly metal, I love folk rock and folk metal as well. But to name a few, check out amon amarth (if you somehow haven't), the faceless, falkenbach, arkona, fferyllt, alkonost, and BEYOND CREATION's song "coexistance" is just so great!