Z170 flash bios to support Kabylake CPU without Skylake CPU?

Failed purchase... or so it seems. 

I need to flash BIOS to support Kaby Lake, and to do that it seems like I need a skylake CPU (gen 6).

Is there any way to flash the bios to support my kaby lake CPU without going out and purchasing a cheap i3?

MB: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

CPU: i7 7700k

2 minutes ago, duxck said:

I need to flash BIOS to support Kaby Lake, and to do that it seems like I need a skylake CPU (gen 6).

Is there any way to flash the bios to support my kaby lake CPU without going out and purchasing a cheap i3?

MB: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

CPU: i7 7700k

Good thing I made a guide about that

You can always send the motherboard back and get a Z270 board, or if you dont want to do that you can go to a local tech store and they'll update it for you for less money than an i3/pentium.

15 minutes ago, duxck said:

there is a super cheap celeron you can get OR take to a PC store that will charge a fee to do it.

6 hours ago, manikyath said:

you managed to buy one of the few high end asus boards that doesnt have bios flashback...

not really, i classify high end ones should have at least rgb

majority of them (rgb) have bios flashback

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

not really, i classify high end ones should have at least rgb

majority of them (rgb) have bios flashback

there's a different between a high end board and a showoff board.

Buy a Skylake CPU, install, update Bios, send it back.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

1 minute ago, VagabondWraith said:

send it back.

you are the poison of online shopping.

10 minutes ago, manikyath said:

you are the poison of online shopping.

If that's the only way to do it what else are you to do? Desperate times desperate measures and such. I returned a Titan X for a 1080 Ti. I don't see the problem if you don't have a habit of doing it.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Just now, VagabondWraith said:

If that's the only way to do it what else are you to do? Desperate times desperate measures and such. I returned a Titan X for a 1080 Ti. I don't see the problem if you don't have a habit of doing it.

i bet you there's a shop in about every corner of civilized earth who'll totally let you flash the board with one of their processors for 5 bucks.

5 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i bet you there's a shop in about every corner of civilized earth who'll totally let you flash the board with one of their processors for 5 bucks.

I was only giving him an alternative if there was nothing else. I mean you could call it immoral by "buying" something then returning it, but if there's no other alternatives (i.e. BIOS flashback/ shops) that's just another avenue.

1 hour ago, VagabondWraith said:

There's nothing wrong with returning something if you aren't 100% satisfied.  After all, they offer a no questions asked return policy specifically for this purpose.  That means for whatever the reason.  It doesn't mean a reason that the community feels is good enough.  It means for whatever reason you please.  

Grant it, this stuff does increase cost to customers in the end.  The policy is just that, a policy.  If you're within that policy, do as you please.

I know too many people who refuse to return shit even though they aren't happy with it because they don't feel it's right unless it's broken.  That's just plain stupid.