SoftBank invests in NVIDIA

SoftBank Corporation has invested $4 BILLION into NVIDIA.

26072421300l.jpg.a493f057a47a521060b8b1e44a476792.jpg

-- Source Link has AUTOPLAY VIDEO/AUDIO. Freakin' Bloomberg.

Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-05-24/softbank-said-to-take-4-billion-stake-in-u-s-chipmaker-nvidia

Parent company of LinusMediaGroup[1] NVIDIA, had an injection of funds recently.

SoftBank Group Corp. has quietly amassed a $4 billion stake in Nvidia Corp. making it the fourth-largest shareholder in the graphics chipmaker, according to people familiar with the situation.

The Japanese company, which just closed its Vision Fund, disclosed it owned an unspecified amount of Nvidia stock when it announced $93 billion of commitments to the technology investment fund on Saturday. A holding of 4.9 percent, just under the amount that would require a regulatory disclosure in the U.S., would be worth about $4 billion.

BOW TO YOUR NVIDIA OVERLORD MASTERS! SoftBank intends to become the biggest investor in tech over the next 10 years focusing on emerging trends to include AI. Masayoshi Son, CEO of SoftBank, pledged to create 50,000 jobs through investing in startups and new companies. This would explain why my NVIDIA stock is doing so much better all of the sudden. The company has already made several investments into tech companies in China and in the USA.

800x-1.png.378ce369d148627b1d83a7ec3cc7d8bd.png

With this bold move by SoftBank, what will #TeamRed do?

1. LinusMediaGroup has NOT been bought by nvidia, incase if you didn't catch the April Fools joke. /nerdrage

Lunix Is An Illegal Hacker Operating System

| [CPU] Intel i7 5960X (4.5GHz) | [Mobo] ASUS Rampage V E10 | [RAM] G. Skill Ripjaws 4 64GB (8x8GB) | [CPU Cooler] Custom Acrylic | [OS Drive] Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD | [Storage] WD Black 4TB (x2 RAID 0) | [GPU] ASUS GTX 980 (x2 stock) | [PSU] Corsair AX1200i | [Case] Corsair 900D | [Keyboard] Corsair K95 Platinum | [Mouse] Corsair Dark Core RGB | [speakers] Logitech Z906 | [Monitors] ASUS VS278Q-P (x3 27"s) |

Soft Bank seems smart to me. Technology is the future.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

33 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Technology is the future.

You-Dont-Say.jpg

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

3 hours ago, PiGHamM3R said:

With this bold move by SoftBank, what will #TeamRed do?

Why would they have to do anything? An investment bank buying stocks isn't something another company needs to react to.

Lol that isn't how the stock market works.... they are only reporting it, they must have already done it earlier this month and that was what the huge rise was at the beginning of this month... It was already brought if you guys brought it after they announced it and think you can take that 4bil gains you must be dreaming...

.....didn't they just pick up sprint not that long ago?

1 hour ago, rawrdaysgoby said:

Lol that isn't how the stock market works.... they are only reporting it, they must have already done it earlier this month and that was what the huge rise was at the beginning of this month... It was already brought if you guys brought it after they announced it and think you can take that 4bil gains you must be dreaming...

giphy.gif

Sorry i had to...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What a large jump this month.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

They create 50 000 jobs until the AI can replace 90% of that number.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

If they'd invested that in the, erm..."competition" they could've become majority shareholder of that erm, competing company to NVDA. Or they can invest in both, and pretty much be the puppetmaster of the desktop GPU space.

On 5/26/2017 at 2:54 PM, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Why would they have to do anything? An investment bank buying stocks isn't something another company needs to react to.

Just to clarify, SoftBank isn't an investment bank. They are a Japanese telco. They are one of the three major wireless carriers in Japan. They also own a majority stake in Sprint.

COMIC SANS

In my opinion, NVIDIA is overvalued at the moment. They're a good, profitable company, but they aren't worth the ridiculous price they're trading at now. The stock's price is based entirely on speculation that self driving cars will take off, that they'll be a major supplier of hardware for them, and that they will be able to profit heavily without significant competition from other vendors.

SoftBank owns ARM. ARM aka the company behind the ARM architecture design, also company which does not produce a single chip. Yet still all of the SoCs in your phones have their intellectual property which means that you have indirectly paid them for it.

They also used to own Supercell (Clash of Clans) which they've sold prior to buying ARM.

SoftBank is a major player in technology market which is not well known outside of Japan.

And they have THE BEST mascot ever - Otosan (white dog):

fl20120429x1d.jpg