Headphone Suggestions (somewhat unique use case)

DLM_012

Yesterday I discovered that the PS4's controller will accept audio through the controller if you have a headset plugged in via a single 3.5mm standard jack. I came here to ask if anyone knows of a headset that also has mic functionality but uses a single 3.5mm cable rather than splitting off into a separate mic and audio cable. I know that these exist and Linus has previously done some unboxings but I don't remember which headsets they were.

Any help is appreciated guys. Thanks in advance.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

The above splitter and a good set of headphones with a good mic is of course the best solution. If you're however looking for an easy solution Steelseries made a version of the Siberia V2 for mobile use which uses the 4 pin jack. http://steelseries.com/products/audio/steelseries-siberia-v2-for-ipod-iphone-and-ipad

Bose AE2-I, has inline mic and great audio. Designed for Iphone/Ipad, but works with any 4pin mobile jack.

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/audio_headphones/around_ear_headphones/index.jsp

Bose ae2-i, has inline mic and great audio. Designed for Iphone/Ipad, but works with any 4pin mobile jack.

no.

hello

How crap is it going to sound if it's going through the controller :/ If it's wireless to.

hello

Bose AE2-I, has inline mic and great audio. Designed for Iphone/Ipad, but works with any 4pin mobile jack.

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/audio_headphones/around_ear_headphones/index.jsp

no.

Why not?

I own the Ae2 (non I) and love the sound, the I version just adds an inline mic while keeping a single 4pin jack.

A, Blose blows. 
B, Any headphone with an inline mic that works off three pole should work.
C, Its going to sound terribad since its wireless, and a controller before an audio product.

D, Blose blows.
E, Blose blows.

F, Blose blows.

A, Blose blows. 

B, Any headphone with an inline mic that works off three pole should work.

C, Its going to sound terribad since its wireless, and a controller before an audio product.

D, Blose blows.

E, Blose blows.

F, Blose blows.

Bose headphone have good quality in the lows and highs, but a little off in the mid. Bose are excellent for the price, very durable, good sounding (if you have a decent audio source) and VERY comfortable.

No.

You can get a pair of headphones and a splitter, I think someone already said this.

No.

You can get a pair of headphones and a splitter, I think someone already said this.

You can, but the all in one is just as good.

You can, but the all in one is just as good.

No it's not, headsets (with rare exception) are always much worse than dedicated headphones/microphone.

No it's not, headsets (with rare exception) are always much worse than dedicated headphones/microphone.

It is an inline mic attached to Bose AE-2 audio headphones with the removable cable.

guys quit bashing on bose they are AMAZING

[spoiler=]at marketing

well they do have a few flagship products that are good

The best right?  :rolleyes:

Not sure why they can't make a good headphone now-a-days.

The above splitter and a good set of headphones with a good mic is of course the best solution. If you're however looking for an easy solution Steelseries made a version of the Siberia V2 for mobile use which uses the 4 pin jack. http://steelseries.com/products/audio/steelseries-siberia-v2-for-ipod-iphone-and-ipad

I was looking at those cans. They have really good reviews so I think I'll buy those and an adapter.
Thanks that's perfect.

How crap is it going to sound if it's going through the controller :/ If it's wireless to.

I'm not a huge audio person. Once you get to a certain level there's no discernable difference to my ears.

I use a pair of Sennheiser HD201s on a regular basis and those are satisfactory to me. They have a few muddy qualities to them but they're not horrible by any means and nearly meet my criteria for the ideal headphones with price to performance.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)