In-home Car Audio System?

Hey guys. I've really been wanting to start a little project that involves using a 200w speaker car audio amplifier (SOUND STORM EV200.2 EVOLUTION 200-Watt Full Range, Class A/B 2 to 8 Ohm Stable 2 Channel Amplifier), 2 car speakers (BOSS AUDIO R63 Riot 6.5" 3-way 300-watt Full Range Speakers) a 12v 7amp battery (ExpertPower 12V 7 Amp EXP1270 Rechargeable Lead Acid Battery), and a battery charger (Black & Decker BM3B 6V and 12V Battery Charger / Maintainer) all stuffed in a carefully crafted wood box. I know the portability wouldn't be to great but I'd be leaving it plugged in when in use. My electrical knowledge is pretty basic so I need your help!

My main questions are:

1 - Is the charger I mentioned above going to be able to power my battery constantly while listening to music (via amp and speakers?)

2 - Should I get a fuse and place it between the amp and the battery?

3 - Is the battery strong enough to output the power needed for this amp?

Side-note - I've read that I could use a benchtop ac-to-dc power inverter but I've heard that that can output dirty power. Also, I've read that a pc PSU could work but this scares me for if it's not made for anything BUT supplying power to a pc...

Thank you all so much for your help!

Charged should be more than enough power. Speakers don't use much power unless cranked. 

You should always have a fuse for just in case. I'd look at car fuses. 

Yep unless you crank it. I have a pile of those old sealed lead acids and can get 10 amps out and that's more than enough here. 

13 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Charged should be more than enough power. Speakers don't use much power unless cranked. 

You should always have a fuse for just in case. I'd look at car fuses. 

Yep unless you crank it. I have a pile of those old sealed lead acids and can get 10 amps out and that's more than enough here. 

Thanks for the response! 

16 hours ago, DunknDognuts said:

Hey guys. I've really been wanting to start a little project that involves using a 200w speaker car audio amplifier (SOUND STORM EV200.2 EVOLUTION 200-Watt Full Range, Class A/B 2 to 8 Ohm Stable 2 Channel Amplifier), 2 car speakers (BOSS AUDIO R63 Riot 6.5" 3-way 300-watt Full Range Speakers) a 12v 7amp battery (ExpertPower 12V 7 Amp EXP1270 Rechargeable Lead Acid Battery), and a battery charger (Black & Decker BM3B 6V and 12V Battery Charger / Maintainer) all stuffed in a carefully crafted wood box. I know the portability wouldn't be to great but I'd be leaving it plugged in when in use. My electrical knowledge is pretty basic so I need your help!

Depending on your required total wattage, you can actually use the 12V rails from a good computer Power Supply if you're going to be plugging in all the time. My neighbor does exactly this with 4 car audio speakers in a custom box, a car stereo, and a 50w 4 channel amp. (50w per channel) All he did was "hotwire" the power supply and uses the switch on the back of it to turn the thing on and off.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

On 5/7/2017 at 3:29 AM, kirashi said:

Depending on your required total wattage, you can actually use the 12V rails from a good computer Power Supply if you're going to be plugging in all the time. My neighbor does exactly this with 4 car audio speakers in a custom box, a car stereo, and a 50w 4 channel amp. (50w per channel) All he did was "hotwire" the power supply and uses the switch on the back of it to turn the thing on and off.

Hmm. That sounds like a pretty convenient setup. I m already setting up a battery with it to tonight. If it does not go well, I may hook up an old psu. Thanks for the input! 

Your amplifier is rated at 200W max, this would be with the volume all the way up and some good bass pumping through. Your 12v 7A battery would last about half an hour on max volume. Though in most cases it will roughly get you about 2 to 4 hours (depending on the volume).

If you are going to use a PSU I believe the wires are rated for 120-ish watt. They can typically hold more, but you would do wisely to join 2 yellow together and 2 blacks together from separate cable runs. This way you get a rated wattage of 240~ watt, which should be plenty for your amplifier. If you are going to go the battery route, I highly recommend to use a capacitor rated at 12v or higher (16v being a sweet spot for price) at roughly 1 or 2 Farad. This is to play nice towards the battery. It will catch peak wattage used by for example a sudden bass kick. You can do this for your PSU as well, but is not required if the PSU can deliver atleast 200watts towards the molex connectors. Most PSU's (even cheaper ones) are well able to do so.

Also little warning for the battery, don't drain your battery to much. This can and probably will (eventually) kill the battery. It's a good idea to buy a load protector.

Main RIG: i7 4770k ~ 4.8Ghz | Intel HD Onboard (enough for my LoL gaming) | Samsung 960 Pro 256GB NVMe | 32GB (4x 8GB) Kingston Savage 2133Mhz DDR3 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | ThermalTake FrioOCK | MS-Tech (puke) 700W | Windows 10 64Bit

Mining RIG: AMD A6-9500 | ASRock AB350 Pro | 4GB DDR4 | 500GB 2.5 Inch HDD | 2x MSI AERO GTX 1060 6GB (Core/Memory/TDP/Avg Temp +160/+800/120%/45c) | 1x Asus Strix GTX 970 (+195/+400/125%/55c) | 1x KFA2 GTX 960 (+220/+500/120%/70c) | Corsair GS800 800W | HP HSTNS-PD05 1000W | (Modded) Inter-Tech IPC 4U-4129-N Rackmount Case

Guest RIG: FX6300 | AMD HD7870 | Kingston HyperX 128GB SSD | 16GB (2x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz DDR3 | Some ASRock 970 Mobo | Stock Heatsink | some left over PSU  | Windows 10 64Bit

VM Server: HP Proliant DL160 G6 | 2x Intel Xeon E5620 @ 2.4Ghz 4c/8t (8c/16t total) | 16GB (8x 2GB) HP 1066Mhz ECC DDR3 | 2x Western Digital Black 250GB HDD | VMWare ESXI

Storage Node: 2x Intel Xeon E5520 @ 2.27Ghz 4c/8t (8c/16t total) | Intel ServerBoard S5500HCV | 36GB (9x 4GB) 1333Mhz ECC DDR3 | 3x Seagate 2TB 7200RPM | 4x Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB

UPDATE: So it's all setup with the battery. It's all working well and as expected had it running (not plugged in) for two hours on medium volume and didn't die. I put it in when I need to charge it and perfectly suits my needs. Thanks again to everyone for a good advice!