My PSU

So I just found like two listings with the same branded psu. The brand is the same as mine. No it's not in the tier list. But the listings said 480W Psu "Max/Peak Power: 480W
Pure/Real Power: 230W" and my PSU is Max/Peak Power: 450W
Pure/Real Power: 200W" does that mean my psu is a 450W?

If  it's for example 1000W and it's 80% certified it means it will deliver 800W .

7 hours ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

So I just found like two listings with the same branded psu. The brand is the same as mine. No it's not in the tier list. But the listings said 480W Psu "Max/Peak Power: 480W
Pure/Real Power: 230W" and my PSU is Max/Peak Power: 450W
Pure/Real Power: 200W" does that mean my psu is a 450W?

No. Your PSU can only deliver STABLE 200W.

6 hours ago, frozeNNN said:

If  it's for example 1000W and it's 80% certified it means it will deliver 800W .

Sorry but I think you're wrong...

Let's say a PSU rated 1000W and 80% efficiency. When the system requires 1000W, it still can deliver 1000W but it requires INPUT POWER of 1250W.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

7 hours ago, frozeNNN said:

That's not how that works. Check the pinned guide on this subforum or in my signature that explains 80 PLUS efficiency.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

18 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

That's not how that works. Check the pinned guide on this subforum or in my signature that explains 80 PLUS efficiency.

31 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

Sorry but I think you're wrong...

Let's say a PSU rated 1000W and 80% efficiency. When the system requires 1000W, it still can deliver 1000W but it requires INPUT POWER of 1250W.

Oh okay thanks for letting me know that, glad to learn something :) 

Could you explain this: if i have cheap psu and it's like 500W will it deliver 500W like high tier psu or will it just die/burn/overheat?

24 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

Could you explain this: if i have cheap psu and it's like 500W will it deliver 500W like high tier psu or will it just die/burn/overheat?

It might, it might not. Depends on the cheap PSU. Most cheap PSUs can deliver their advertised wattage these days, just not for extremely long periods of time.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Just now, STRMfrmXMN said:

It might, it might not. Depends on the cheap PSU. Most cheap PSUs can deliver their advertised wattage these days, just not for extremely long periods of time.

Oh okay, thanks for the answer and apologies to the original poster for fake claims/info

9 hours ago, frozeNNN said:

No problem. I'm still learning things too at LTT forum!

Erm...probably will shut down or display fireworks depends on how bad it is

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

A PSU that's not on the Tier List atleast I dont think so... It's A X-FIVE ATX 500WD http://www.lazada.com.my/x-five-power-supply-psu-500wd-230w-27883438.html?spm=a2o4k.category-020607000000.0.0.xDUoF7&ff=1&rb=4215... This was in my computer than me dad switched it. To the PSU I have now which is also a non tier. But to be sure this is a 500W psu right? As @ZM Fong said the PSU I have in my computer now is just 230W 

Just now, Daniel Z. said:

the wattage is definately over rated

But my computer now uses half the wattage and i wanna add in a GTX750 which can work on a 300W PSU and my PC together with that graphics card would atleast take about 200-300W

3 minutes ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

A PSU that's not on the Tier List atleast I dont think so... It's A X-FIVE ATX 500WD http://www.lazada.com.my/x-five-power-supply-psu-500wd-230w-27883438.html?spm=a2o4k.category-020607000000.0.0.xDUoF7&ff=1&rb=4215... This was in my computer than me dad switched it. To the PSU I have now which is also a non tier. But to be sure this is a 500W psu right? As @ZM Fong said the PSU I have in my computer now is just 230W 

"500WD (230W)"

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

That PSU is utter garbage. The stated 500W is definitely the maximum peak it can handle and not continuous load, though I very much doubt that it would handle even that kind of peak.

12 minutes ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

But my computer now uses half the wattage and i wanna add in a GTX750 which can work on a 300W PSU and my PC together with that graphics card would atleast take about 200-300W

How many topics are you going to make asking if a firebomb power supply is going to run OK for you? We've suggested time and again that you need to spend money on a decent unit and that doesn't seem to be getting to ya.

17 minutes ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

No. XFive PSUs are totally garbage.

Agree with @STRMfrmXMN.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

How many topics are you going to make asking if a firebomb power supply is going to run OK for you? We've suggested time and again that you need to spend money on a decent unit and that doesn't seem to be getting to ya.

fine...

19 minutes ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

fine...

Just like how you plan to buy a Corsair VS.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

32 minutes ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

fine...

you need to spend money literally one time in probably 2 decades if you got something like the seasonic prime

1 hour ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

That's not a 500W PSU. I doubt it would even do 300W without setting itself on fire. Trash it or use it as a massive paperweight, that thing's not a PSU.

Yup it's only rated for 250W on the 12V rail according to its spec

1 hour ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

fine...

Yes, please don't make any more posts, I feel like we've gotten our point across. If you want to use it despite our warnings, we take all responsibility off that.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

32 minutes ago, Energycore said:

That's not a 500W PSU. I doubt it would even do 300W without setting itself on fire. Trash it or use it as a massive paperweight, that thing's not a PSU.

Yes, please don't make any more posts, I feel like we've gotten our point across. If you want to use it despite our warnings, we take all responsibility off that.

I totally agree with this statement. I would say it can do around 200-300w but even that is stretching it. Get a cheap SafeSonic or Corsair CM grey label. Even a used delta would do fine for a low power pc

7 hours ago, Energycore said:

The thing is I cant really find any 10/10 psu's for cheap. Especially S12II.

2 hours ago, EasonIDontKnowAnything said:

Those are all bad :P

If you're going to go used look at something from Antec or Delta or Seasonic.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR