36 Things We'll Never Forget about the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

Snickerzz

oh well then idk. sorry you had to spend another $60.

He should have to spend that much usually you can get replacements for nothing or cheaper.

Yeah, some. Mostly on Halo 3 though, and some on Reach. I did a couple of LAN-parties too (a friend of mine had access to a couple of movie theatres that were closed during some holidays).

just thought id ask because I though reach was a letdown in matchmaking especially.

oh well then idk. sorry you had to spend another $60.

Had a warranty, didn't have to spend anything! HOORAYY FOR EB GAMESS!

you do it before that happens... Like right when you buy it.

There were problems where the game wont work if you install the play disk..

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

right? like my god the ps3 only have 256mb ram <_>

256mb for cpu and 256mb for gpu

just thought id ask because I though reach was a letdown in matchmaking especially.

Ah, well I was never enough of a matchmaking connoisseur to really notice any major difference from Halo 3 to Reach (other than maps and guns and abilities). ODST wasn't bad at matchmaking, but that's because it just took the matchmaking from Halo 3, so that doesn't count :P Either way, I'm more in it for the single player part and the story. I will give ODST credit for storytelling though, they had an interesting way of telling several stories that all were connected somehow, even though it was kinda messy at times. But a Halo game should give you the feeling that you're the biggest baddest killer in town, and ODST didn't deliver that. Also, the graphical style of ODST didn't suit me at all. I actually started the campaign for a second play-through, but I couldn't bring myself to finish it :(

Had a warranty, didn't have to spend anything! HOORAYY FOR EB GAMESS!

There were problems where the game wont work if you install the play disk..

Well that makes no sense.

Ah, well I was never enough of a matchmaking connoisseur to really notice any major difference from Halo 3 to Reach (other than maps and guns and abilities). ODST wasn't bad at matchmaking, but that's because it just took the matchmaking from Halo 3, so that doesn't count :P Either way, I'm more in it for the single player part and the story. I will give ODST credit for storytelling though, they had an interesting way of telling several stories that all were connected somehow, even though it was kinda messy at times. But a Halo game should give you the feeling that you're the biggest baddest killer in town, and ODST didn't deliver that. Also, the graphical style of ODST didn't suit me at all. I actually started the campaign for a second play-through, but I couldn't bring myself to finish it :(

I really think they should have done a proper matchmaking for ODST. I ODST clearly showed that you werent the master cheif or anyone close, just a normal human with some nicer armor. I though it was a nice departure from the the standard halo and something they could have pulled off as a offshoot with enough time and money.

i remember playing nfs most wante... wait that was the ps2 ... i remember playing gta V with my cousins  ... was one of the most epic nights i've had  

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

Give microsoft some credit the picture quality when i use my pc and xbox as an extender with my hd homerun prime has better pic than the latest set top box from cable company. Infact aside from the lack of on demand my 360/PC is my new cable box and as soon as i get another hd prime im sending back my kids cableboxes. so microsoft you got at least one thing right with there consoles. Now give me direct acces to my hdprime with out pc just like my ps3. Altho ps3 sucks no effort on sonys part to make it easer

Give microsoft some credit the picture quality when i use my pc and xbox as an extender with my hd homerun prime has better pic than the latest set top box from cable company. Infact aside from the lack of on demand my 360/PC is my new cable box and as soon as i get another hd prime im sending back my kids cableboxes. so microsoft you got at least one thing right with there consoles. Now give me direct acces to my hdprime with out pc just like my ps3. Altho ps3 sucks no effort on sonys part to make it easer

They took most of that out in the PS4 too.

sucks cuz ps4 has direct acces to my  hdhomerun prime and can display encrypted channels  that get decrypted by the cable card with out pc. but i have to leave channel go to main menu then go into the ne channel. 360 i can use it like a regular cablebox and im saving $22 a month cuz i can dvr to my pc and play on xbox360 ive been doing this for almost a month and i feel stupid for not doing this sooner cuz once i got it fully set up its been flawless. the only major issue in the setup was cuz my router took started to give out. replaced router whit a freebie router temporarily and havent had a issue yet. plus i have a 360 media remote.

my psvita has the same ,if not more RAM then this two systems combined

vita has 4 i think

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

sucks cuz ps4 has direct acces to my  hdhomerun prime and can display encrypted channels  that get decrypted by the cable card with out pc. but i have to leave channel go to main menu then go into the ne channel. 360 i can use it like a regular cablebox and im saving $22 a month cuz i can dvr to my pc and play on xbox360 ive been doing this for almost a month and i feel stupid for not doing this sooner cuz once i got it fully set up its been flawless. the only major issue in the setup was cuz my router took started to give out. replaced router whit a freebie router temporarily and havent had a issue yet. plus i have a 360 media remote.

I know what yo umean I have a 6 tuner ceton card in my HTPC one of the extenders in a x360. I have other stand alone extenders also being the ceton echo. Microsoft did something stupid though, that being that the only WMC extenders compatible with win8 are X360 and X1.

i didnt like the in pc method due to limited to that pc/extenders as i have multiple pcs.  and i didnt like the reviews. i looked at a couple ceton vs silicon dust and every one favored the hd homerunprime. all the  ceton devices  seemed to have driver issues in most of the reviews. the only issue i had with the home run prime was it took almost a week before it reconized the tuning adapter. i also didnt like  the ceton pci card idea due the coax conector looked flimsy and looked like it would be a major ingress problem if the conector in the card bent or came loose. and it had to re astablish cable card every time u turned off pc.

loved ps3, loving ps3. I love how all the good games come out (even if it's not exclusive) suddenly at the end of its lifecycle that looks and plays freaking incredible (Bioshock Infinite, TLoU, GTA V).

Absolutely hated the PS3 Ratchet and Clank games tho. So I guess PS2 is still my favorite

I will never forget how terrible Halo 3:ODST was.... Jesus that game sucked....

I loved that game so much. It felt very different from previous Halo game, which I didn't like initially, but in it's own right I thought it was a great game.

I just watched both the videos and wow they were pretty funny. I remember some of those moments because back then i was a console gamer. Halo 3 multiplayer days were the best.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

When I played it in my friend's house for the one and only time I play ps3. Pretty impressive by the graphics back then.

i didnt like the in pc method due to limited to that pc/extenders as i have multiple pcs.  and i didnt like the reviews. i looked at a couple ceton vs silicon dust and every one favored the hd homerunprime. all the  ceton devices  seemed to have driver issues in most of the reviews. the only issue i had with the home run prime was it took almost a week before it reconized the tuning adapter. i also didnt like  the ceton pci card idea due the coax conector looked flimsy and looked like it would be a major ingress problem if the conector in the card bent or came loose. and it had to re astablish cable card every time u turned off pc.

I have had none of said problems. Before having the 6 tuner PCI-E I had the 4 tuner USB which I never had problems with until the end but ceton gave me a good chunk of money off the new one. The only thing is about the USB one is I really dont know if USB 2.0 had enough bandwidth for 4 tuners and the new one has much better picture quality.

I'll never forget playing LittleBigPlanet 2 online, Burnout Paradise with Voltron, playing Skate 3, and leveling up in Uncharted 2's multiplayer. I'll never forget those times I had. I'm now going to sell my PS3, to finish my PC build. It's worth it.

The thing is that I can't just go back and play those games again in a few years. The servers might not even be up on alot of those games in like five years.

548 or something like that

512 ram and 128 Vram

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

I had 17 Xbox 360's

because xbox is cheaper than pc? :D 

wow... pretty empty here...

because xbox is cheaper than pc? :D

I only ever bought the first one, didn't pay a dime for the other 16.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

256mb of ram!?

Technically 512MB, but the way the processor accesses it means that it is more like 2x 256MB

Compatible with Windows 95

I only ever bought the first one, didn't pay a dime for the other 16.

but WHY ;D ? and how? mostly how ;)

wow... pretty empty here...