36 Things We'll Never Forget about the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

Snickerzz

I still use my xbox today. It is a great LAN system and I will continue to play it in the years to come. Halo master race!

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

I had 17 Xbox 360's

RROD?

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

RROD?

mostly

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I've played a PS3 ONCE years ago at a friends and played MW2. First and last time I ever played one. I got the 360 3 years ago...I had a PS2 when it launched though  :)

360 is just as bad if not worse IMO.

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

I had 17 Xbox 360's

Seriously? I've only had three

One when it first came out, sold it because I didn't really like it, one, one or two years ago with the disc reader being broken, and another one for a replace for the second one. I've never had any RROD's.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I will never forget how terrible Halo 3:ODST was.... Jesus that game sucked....

What? huh why? I like it campaign wise as it brought a different style of game play to the halo universe.

What? huh why? I like it campaign wise as it brought a different style of game play to the halo universe.

The campaign was terrible imo

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

At least it wasn't Reach/Halo 4...

Halo 4 wasn't that bad. Reach was though. Reach and ODST were the worst.

What dont you guys like about halo 4? The campaign was far better than Reach's and the multiplayer was solid. They really should have just used the matchmaking system from Halo 2/3 as Social and Ranked really need to be separated.

The multiplayer was ok.

But the campaign was crap.

you guys are the exact opposite of me wow.

What dont you guys like about halo 4? The campaign was far better than Reach's and the multiplayer was solid. They really should have just used the matchmaking system from Halo 2/3 as Social and Ranked really need to be separated.

I liked Halo 4. I only didn't like Reach and ODST

Seriously? I've only had three

One when it first came out, sold it because I didn't really like it, one, one or two years ago with the disc reader being broken, and another one for a replace for the second one. I've never had any RROD's.

Im only on my 3rd one. My first was a launch model. My current arcade edition is kinda iffy but it doesnt really matter to me because I stopped playing COD 8 months ago about probably and Halo 4 i just stopped playing overtime because I couldnt find people to play with regularly and playing by yourself as hard just like about in anime game because you cant count on people for the most part.

The campaign was terrible imo

care to explain why? I mean I wouldnt call it amazing or anything but I wouldnt call it terrible by any means.

I liked Halo 4. I only didn't like Reach and ODST

I kinda wanted a true multiplayer for ODST I think it could have worked

My Xbox 360 has been fine since the day I got it. Anyways, I regret waiting time on PDT, but I enjoyed Reach a lot. I thought it was quite good

Makes me want to go play Gran Turismo 5 on my PS3. Haven't played it for ages. 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

My Xbox 360 has been fine since the day I got it. Anyways, I regret waiting time on PDT, but I enjoyed Reach a lot. I thought it was quite good

Did you play any of the previous Halo games to any real extent?

GTA V is awesome...

Have it for the 360, though I haven't touched it for a few weeks. 

"Did I request thee, Maker, from my clay

To mould Me man? Did I solicit thee

From darkness to promote me?" —John MiltonParadise Lost (X.743–5)

right? like my god the ps3 only have 256mb ram <_>

Why does this falsehood still exist? The PS3 has the same amount of RAM as the 360, 512MB. It is just set up different. There is 256MB of XDR2 RAM dedicated to the system and 256MB of GDDR3 for VRAM.

Did you play any of the previous Halo games to any real extent?

Depends on how you define "real extent", but I finished the original about three times, once on xbox, twice on PC, then the HD-remake twice, Halo 2 only twice, Halo 3 about 4-6 times, ODST once and Reach three times. Halo 4 only once though...

Depends on how you define "real extent", but I finished the original about three times, once on xbox, twice on PC, then the HD-remake twice, Halo 2 only twice, Halo 3 about 4-6 times, ODST once and Reach three times. Halo 4 only once though...

basically play the games more than just once though for the campaign which you defiantly seem to have done. Did you ever play any matchmaking?

Just had to go get a new GTA5 because I lost power while playing it and got the circle scratches... 

Thats why you install the game to your hard drive! My friends would always make fun of me because i would always do that right when i got a new game.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Thats why you install the game to your hard drive! My friends would always make fun of me because i would always do that right when i got a new game.

It wouldn't even recognize that a disk was in the drive...

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Same here dude. Do you have any clue how loud that disc drive in the 360 is? Also I was happy to see that the Halo 4 required you to install the matchmaking.

you do it before that happens... Like right when you buy it.

oh well then idk. sorry you had to spend another $60.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

basically play the games more than just once though for the campaign which you defiantly seem to have done. Did you ever play any matchmaking?

Yeah, some. Mostly on Halo 3 though, and some on Reach. I did a couple of LAN-parties too (a friend of mine had access to a couple of movie theatres that were closed during some holidays).