URGENT Lower Performance with SLI

A Silver
Just now, App4that said:

That support is 95% on the developer. Check this out, look how bad this crossfire set up performs until you get to Sniper Elite 4, and 100damn% scaling.

That's the problem, you're placing preasure on people NOT to support it, rather than developers doing their job. 

Yup. Lazy devs = Everyone with a 2 card setup getting fucked over.

And no, don't get me wrong, I want SLI to be supported. I'm just saying that the best course of action would be to stay away until it's supported more. Which will only happen when devs take the time needed to release a finished product with good scaling.

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Just now, N1ghtshade said:

"Some people" some people isn't the average consumer, is it?

And no, it wasn't. But you're trying to tell me that putting high end cards in SLI is not expensive, and that's 100% untrue.

See my response above. "Some people" isn't most people. Most people do not have the money for 1 high end card, let alone 2

lol I have sli'd many cards that werent expensive maybe someone should reread

and maybe someone should try to stick to their original point that backfired but now trying to change their point lol

3 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

I don't claim to be an expert. I am simply a consumer who is frustrated with SLI and its lack of support in games

You've got about 5 or so made up facts on page 1 of this thread alone.  You may not claim to be an expert, but you present your opinion as fact.  

Hint:  Everyone is quoting you and your "facts".  

Just now, pas008 said:

lol I have sli'd many cards that werent expensive maybe someone should reread

and maybe someone should try to stick to their original point that backfired but now trying to change their point lol

Can you read? I said "HIGH END CARDS". I know it doesn't cost much to but some RX 480s in CF, but to SLI 1080s is ridiculously expensive.

And I still am. We simply started arguing about something else. Nothing here backfired.

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Yup. Lazy devs = Everyone with a 2 card setup getting fucked over.

And no, don't get me wrong, I want SLI to be supported. I'm just saying that the best course of action would be to stay away until it's supported more. Which will only happen when devs take the time needed to release a finished product with good scaling.

That's not how this works, that's not how anything works. 

First off SLI support is awesome, I rarely have to go to a single card.

Second, the more people that own multiple cards, the better the support. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Just now, done12many2 said:

You've got about 5 or so made up facts on page 1 of this thread alone.  You may not claim to be an expert, but you present your opinion as fact.  

Hint:  Everyone is quoting you and your "facts".  

Pray tell me, what have I made up?

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

See my response above. "Some people" isn't most people. Most people do not have the money for 1 high end card, let alone 2

who cares about most in this talk? You cannot say 1k is objectively a lot of money, sure it would be quite a lot of a big part of the population, but it would also be pocket change for some people.

I see 1k USD as a medium/high amount of money, mainly because I live in Denmark a single 1080ti is already above 1k USD here and I earn somewhat decently for what I do.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just now, App4that said:

That's not how this works, that's not how anything works. 

First off SLI support is awesome, I rarely have to go to a single card.

Second, the more people that own multiple cards, the better the support. 

I'm aware, I was exaggerating.

And not in my experience. But that's just me

And no, I mean dev support. We need to push devs to support it more.

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Just now, Dackzy said:

who cares about most in this talk? You cannot say 1k is objectively a lot of money, sure it would be quite a lot of a big part of the population, but it would also be pocket change for some people.

I see 1k USD as a medium/high amount of money, mainly because I live in Denmark a single 1080ti is already above 1k USD here and I earn somewhat decently for what I do.

And you cannot objectively say it is not

And here in the us, one 1080ti is only $700. So $1000 for two GPUs that aren't as good as the 1080ti is very expensive.

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

1 minute ago, N1ghtshade said:

Can you read? I said "HIGH END CARDS". I know it doesn't cost much to but some RX 480s in CF, but to SLI 1080s is ridiculously expensive.

And I still am. We simply started arguing about something else. Nothing here backfired.

plz tell me why on any sli topic you come in bashing it

but only used it once?

and then you start in on cost wise which has nothing to do with your original intention

what kind of fucking logic do you have?

2 minutes ago, pas008 said:

but only used it once?

and then you start in on cost wise which has nothing to do with your original intention

Because I don't like how it isn't very well supported

And I just refuted that logic earlier

And because SLI is expensive and I do not like that

And pretty damn good logic i'd say

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

6 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

And you cannot objectively say it is not

And here in the us, one 1080ti is only $700. So $1000 for two GPUs that aren't as good as the 1080ti is very expensive.

actually yes I can. An objective fact is a fact that is true for everyone/everything. If you want an objective fact about 1k being a lot then you should say "1k USD is a lot of money for people that aren't rich", but rich is also a rather vague word, so maybe more "1k USD is a lot of money for people who earn less than X" That way it would be an objective fact. This is shit they nail you hard on in reports, phrasing is god in this area. Saying 1k USD is a lot of money, isn't objective because there will be people that will think that 1k is pocket change.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

7 minutes ago, pas008 said:

but only used it once?

Nice list of SLI setups you've had.  How's the weather out where you are?  :D

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

actually yes I can. An objective fact is a fact that is true for everyone/everything. If you want an objective fact about 1k being a lot then you should say "1k USD is a lot of money for people that aren't rich", but rich is also a rather vague word, so maybe more "1k USD is a lot of money for people who earn less than X" That way it would be an objective fact. This is shit they nail you hard on in reports, phrasing is god in this area. Saying 1k USD is a lot of mone, isn't objective because there will be people that will think that 1k is pocket change.

I love my 1080 Ti SLI and I think it was a bargain compared to what I almost bought.  I call them my ghetto Xps.  :D

How are you doing today?

So anyways, @App4that, what have you been up to bud?

Studying, gaming, trying not to lose my damn mind. 

I've been dabling in VR using a Vive, crazy stuff. That's an area that makes the misinformation around SLI look like nothing. And effects anyone running multiple cards. It actually reminds me of the day when Video Games first took off, so many small developers pumping out so much content keeping up is imposible, but they're mostly using development tools that work the best for them by getting their content out quickly to make a profit, but do nothing for the user. Worse they have zero multi card support. 

Anyone that thinks VR is a fad isn't active in the industry. We're laying the ground work as to what our future options are. Fallout 4 and Bethesda's implementation of it in VR in the coming months is VERY important. That's going to set the stage. Hope it supports both Crossfire and SLI.

Nice list of SLI setups you've had.  How's the weather out where you are?  :D

I love my 1080 Ti SLI and I think it was a bargain compared to what I almost bought.  I call it my ghetto Xps.  :D

How are you doing today?

weather sucks here today

think this may be the 3rd topic with this nightshade character bashing sli

and to find out he tried it once hahahaha

Just now, Dackzy said:

actually yes I can. An objective fact is a fact that is true for everyone/everything. If you want an objective fact about 1k being a lot then you should say "1k USD is a lot of money for people that aren't rich", but rich is also a rather vague word, so maybe more "1k USD is a lot of money for people who earn less than X" That way it would be an objective fact. This is shit they nail you hard on in reports, phrasing is god in this area. Saying 1k USD is a lot of mone, isn't objective because there will be people that will think that 1k is pocket change.

No, you cannot objectively say, "$1k is not a lot". You could, however objectively say "$1k is not a lot for someone who has lots of money to spend on PCs". But, what I meant by my original statement is that $1k is a lot to spend on GPUs for most people. Yes, there are some people who spend a lot on PCs. Yes, there are people who have lots of money overall. But, for the average person, that's quite a bit.

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

I love my 1080 Ti SLI and I think it was a bargain compared to what I almost bought.  I call it my ghetto Xps.  :D

How are you doing today?

Kek, they might as well be called ghetto Xps... :D 

Well I am doing quite fine today, finished a couple of reports and some math plus fixed a macbook air 13 so I got some cash in. I need to work a bit more so I can afford my next audio, laptop and desktop upgrade :D 

What about you?

Just now, pas008 said:

2nd, nice memory

And try would imply I did not prove my point. Which, cannot be technically be proved or disproved, seeing as it's an opinion. Just as your opinion that SLI is the best thing since sliced bread cannot be proved or disproved. I can, however, say "I disagree with your opinion, X opinion, and here's why". And you can say, "I disagree with your opinion, Y opinion, and here's why".

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Guys, we are miles from the OP's problem. Which is the GFE and their resolution, most likely. 

Just now, App4that said:

Guys, we are miles from the OP's problem. Which is the GFE and their resolution, most likely. 

Truly, we are. Let's get back on topic. Anyway, in addition to cranking up the resolution, does OP have his settings cranked to max?

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

1 minute ago, N1ghtshade said:

No, you cannot objectively say, "$1k is not a lot". You could, however objectively say "$1k is not a lot for someone who has lots of money to spend on PCs". But, what I meant by my original statement is that $1k is a lot to spend on GPUs for most people. Yes, there are some people who spend a lot on PCs. Yes, there are people who have lots of money overall. But, for the average person, that's quite a bit.

Um yes I can, you just saw me do it and an objective fact is a fact that is true no matter what. Is 1k being a lot of money a true fact? Nope, you can, on the other hand, rephrase it and make it into an objective fact. Like I did earlier.... 

Another objective fact is that a human needs oxygen, is that true across the board? Yep.

Just now, Dackzy said:

Um yes I can, you just saw me do it and an objective fact is a fact that is true no matter what. Is 1k being a lot of money a true fact? Nope, you can, on the other hand, rephrase it and make it into an objective fact. Like I did earlier.... 

Another objective fact is that a human needs oxygen, is that true across the board? Yep.

The statement "$1k is not a lot" never will be an objective fact. You could say "$1k is not a lot for me because I live in X country where things cost a lot anyway", and that would be 100% true. However, it does not matter. Let's stop clogging up the thread and help OP

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Studying, gaming, trying not to lose my damn mind. 

I've been dabling in VR using a Vive, crazy stuff. That's an area that makes the misinformation around SLI look like nothing. And effects anyone running multiple cards. It actually reminds me of the day when Video Games first took off, so many small developers pumping out so much content keeping up is imposible, but they're mostly using development tools that work the best for them by getting their content out quickly to make a profit, but do nothing for the user. Worse they have zero multi card support. 

Anyone that thinks VR is a fad isn't active in the industry. We're laying the ground work as to what our future options are. Fallout 4 and Bethesda's implementation of it in VR in the coming months is VERY important. That's going to set the stage. Hope it supports both Crossfire and SLI.

VR is the big leagues.  I ain't there yet, but maybe one day.  You should start a thread on what you have going on.  Sounds pretty cool.

2 minutes ago, pas008 said:

weather sucks here today

Sorry to hear about the weather.  The "ignore user" feature won't bring you any sunshine, but it will help with other issues.  xD

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Kek, they might as well be called ghetto Xps... :D 

Well I am doing quite fine today, finished a couple of reports and some math plus fixed a macbook air 13 so I got some cash in. I need to work a bit more so I can afford my next audio, laptop and desktop upgrade :D 

What about you?

haha.

Nice work on the the Macbook repair.  Nothing like making money doing something we like!

Life it good here man.  No complaints at all.  

Truly, we are. Let's get back on topic. Anyway, in addition to cranking up the resolution, does OP have his settings cranked to max?

SLI scales better and better as the resolution increases. As for settings that's dependent on their load on the CPU. I've found that you can see the same fps in games, just at a much higher resolution.

But PSA: As of yet GSYNC, DSR, and SLI are tricky. So if you use a GSYNC monitor you'll want to use as much super sampling as possible in the games menu if it's there. Not DSR until that gets sourted. Though I know people who don't have a problem there either and it might be a Maxwell thing.