URGENT Lower Performance with SLI

A Silver
Just now, App4that said:

But PSA: As of yet GSYNC, DSR, and SLI are tricky. So if you use a GSYNC monitor you'll want to use as much super sampling as possible in the games menu if it's there. Not DSR until that gets sorted. Though I know people who don't have a problem there either and it might be a Maxwell thing. 

Do SLI and DSR not work well together?

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Just now, N1ghtshade said:

The statement "$1k is not a lot" never will be an objective fact. You could say "$1k is not a lot for me because I live in X country where things cost a lot anyway", and that would be 100% true. However, it does not matter. Let's stop clogging up the thread and help OP

When did I say that "1k is not a lot is an objective fact"? Oh, wait never....

I have said "1k is a lot of money" isn't an objective fact, not that other thing. I think you are skipping words or something.

1k is still a lot of money for some people in my country, I have stated that I think of 1k USD as a medium/high amount of money, that is a personal opinion that reflects where I am in life and how it is going for me.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

When did I say that "1k is not a lot is an objective fact"? Oh, wait never....

I have said "1k is a lot of money" isn't an objective fact, not that other thing. I think you are skipping words or something.

You did just a few posts ago...

And I said the same. It's not an objective fact, but I believe that for most people $1k is a lot of money.

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Do SLI and DSR not work well together?

It's tricky. I haven't had time to mess with it and really get down to what's happening. But I've had issues when I tried. I know some people run the three no issue, but not sure if that's a game to game thing. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll have the time to bust it.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 minute ago, N1ghtshade said:

You did just a few posts ago...

And I said the same. It's not an objective fact, but I believe that for most people $1k is a lot of money.

show me take the direct quote, no editing. All I have said is that you cannot objectively say that 1k is a lot of money

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

It's tricky. I haven't had time to mess with it and really get down to what's happening. But I've had issues when I tried. I know some people run the three no issue, but not sure if that's a game to game thing. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll have the time to bust it.

I'm going to be using a G-Sync monitor and upscaling to 4k for my next build, so I guess no SLI. Not that I wanted to spend the money on it anyway.

And that'd be good. Hopefully you could make a post telling people how to fix it. I'm sure that'd be quite useful for everyone on here using SLI

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Just now, Dackzy said:

show me take the direct quote, no editing. All I have said is that you cannot objectively say that 1k is a lot of money

Yeah a smartphone can run 1000 bucks and people don't mind paying it. 

19 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

No, you cannot objectively say, "$1k is not a lot".

12 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Um yes I can, you just saw me do it and an objective fact is a fact that is true no matter what.

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Just now, App4that said:

yep and some people throw around 1k without even thinking about it.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Tbh if you pay $1000 for a smartphone, you deserve to be paying $1000 for a smartphone. I never got it. Paying exorbitant amounts for smartphones always seemed dumb to me.

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

I'm going to be using a G-Sync monitor and upscaling to 4k for my next build, so I guess no SLI. Not that I wanted to spend the money on it anyway.

And that'd be good. Hopefully you could make a post telling people how to fix it. I'm sure that'd be quite useful for everyone on here using SLI

Off topic I'd wait for Vega. Freesync is neck and neck with GSYNC at a much lower cost. GSYNC just isn't worth the money you pay, I love mine but hold no illusions. 

Just now, App4that said:

Off topic I'd wait for Vega. Freesync is neck and neck with GSYNC at a much lower cost. GSYNC just isn't worth the money you pay, I love mine but hold no illusions. 

I'd love to get a Freesync monitor, don't get me wrong. It's the exact same thing but cheaper. The only bad thing is that if I got an AMD card, it'd negate the benefits of 144hz as I wouldn't reach that max refresh rate, seeing as how AMD makes more midrange budget options for their GPUs.

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

oh god are you kidding me?

You said that I cannot objectively say that 1k isn't a lot. I respond "Um yes I can, you just saw me do it and an objective fact is a fact that is true no matter what." Where in that sentence did I say that 1k is objectively a small amount of money? Nowhere, I have no idea how you came to that conclusion.

I'd love to get a Freesync monitor, don't get me wrong. It's the exact same thing but cheaper. The only bad thing is that if I got an AMD card, it'd negate the benefits of 144hz as I wouldn't reach that max refresh rate, seeing as how AMD makes more midrange budget options for their GPUs.

*crosses fingers* Hopefully AMD proves me wrong and Vega can give the 1080ti some competition, but most likely the 1080. But it should still be able to bust out 1440 like a boss and that's really the sweet spot still. 

Just now, Dackzy said:

oh god are you kidding me?

You said that I cannot objectively say that 1k isn't a lot. I respond "Um yes I can, you just saw me do it and an objective fact is a fact that is true no matter what." Where in that sentence did I say that 1k is objectively a small amount of money? Nowhere, I have no idea how you came to that conclusion.

I said "You cannot say objectively say that $1k is not a lot"

You basically said "Yes I can. I can say it is an objective fact"

That's where I came to that conclusion

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Just now, App4that said:

*crosses fingers* Hopefully AMD proves me wrong and Vega can give the 1080ti some competition, but most likely the 1080. But it should still be able to bust out 1440 like a boss and that's really the sweet spot still. 

I hope so man. AMD's older high end cards like the R9 295X2 are prohibitively expensive and are obsolete tbqh. I hope Vega matches or even wrecks the 1080ti. Nvidia needs some competition, they've been getting a little cocky ;)

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

I said "You cannot say objectively say that $1k is not a lot"

You basically said "Yes I can. I can say it is an objective fact"

That's where I came to that conclusion

oh god, you are twisting my words and making them fit you.

"Um yes I can, you just saw me do it and an objective fact is a fact that is true no matter what." Those are my exact words. Point out how you got that conclusion.

I said to boil it down to the core, "Yes I can say that 1k objectively isn't a lot because 1k being a lot isn't true for everyone".

You have to rephrase it to make 1k being a lot an objective fact, which I did in an earlier post....