The Linustechtips APP

I'm not sure if this will reach the  LTT media group. I just started on this forum and thank God the people here are nice and helpful and a bit sarcastic (which is nice). Anyway, when will the LTT create an app with all the same components of this site? It would be faster and easier (I guess) for tech heads who mostly sleep with their phones on their faces. And would also be great for seafarers (me in particular) who has a 150mb of data a day only. (this thought just hit me after finishing re7) good day sirs. 

8 minutes ago, grimoireheart0 said:

I'm not sure if this will reach the  LTT media group. I just started on this forum and thank God the people here are nice and helpful and a bit sarcastic (which is nice). Anyway, when will the LTT create an app with all the same components of this site? It would be faster and easier (I guess) for tech heads who mostly sleep with their phones on their faces. And would also be great for seafarers (me in particular) who has a 150mb of data a day only. (this thought just hit me after finishing re7) good day sirs. 

I don't really like apps. They are generally more invasive than my webbrowser. Yhis site is great on Mobile I don't have any issues with compatibility or anything else. I use Mozilla, so when I open a new browsing session or blank tab. LTT is right there with its own panel, waiting to be clicked.

I also get alerts from in browser sessions in regards to messages, post updates, etc.. I wouldn't use an app if they had one, since the website works very well on Mobile devices.

believe me, you aren't first to ask this. And won't be last. Just take a look here:

(WARNING: Really, really heavy to load. I don't have time to make it smoother.)

On serious note, there's this:

5 hours ago, grimoireheart0 said:

It would be faster ...

Not really since speed = things to load.

...and easier ...

Compared to time it takes to modify forum software vs developing and maintaining 3 versions of mobile app. Not really.

And would also be great for seafarers (me in particular) who has a 150mb of data a day only.

Again, app would load same things as forum does. You can setup browser to limit loading pictures, gifs and video which are the things using most of the data. With app there wouldn't possibly be that kind of configuration possibilities. And we wouldn't have lower quality images either, since that would cause massive backslash. 

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

believe me, you aren't first to ask this. And won't be last. Just take a look here:

I still can't believe you did the list and are keeping it updated. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

would an app that would only send you the content you follow and say top 5 favorite forum main topics be satisfactory?

19 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Damn you werent kidding. Nevertheless stats are cool!

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

30 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Compared to time it takes to modify forum software vs developing and maintaining 3 versions of mobile app. Not really.

all I need is an api to give me the forum posts in json amd its done.

Though for some reason they don't want too. That's fair enough seeing as it is their forum.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

A LTT Forums android app would be awesome!

-+-+- This is a reminder to clean the dust filters of your PC! -+-+-

Main PC:

Ryzen 5 1600 3.8GHz - RX 570 4GB - 2x8GB DDR4 - ASUS Prime X370-Pro - Shadow Rock 2 - Define S - Seasonic Prime Gold 650W

500GB NVME SSD - 1TB SATA SSD - 1TB HDD - Windows 10 Pro

Dorm PC:

i5 4590 - GTX 960 4GB - 2x4GB DDR3 - ASUS H81M2 - Dark Rock 3 - Define R3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Seasonic S12 430W - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

NAS:

Pentium G4400 - 4GB DDR4 - Fujitsu Esprimo P556 - 250GB SATA SSD - 2 x 4TB NAS HDD - 12V PSU - OpenMediaVault

Laptop:

Dell Latitude E6520 - i5 2430M - 2x4GB DDR3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint