gpu cooling

is gpu liquid  cooling worth it or is liquid cpu cooling enough? I might be using custom graphics card by zotac and maybe sli. Also i am a building a pc first time so should i do custom looping or simple liquid cooling and upgrade to custom loop after some year? thanks

I would stick to air cooling because: 1. You need to change the liquid in 6 months 

2. Most of the people i know who got liquid cooling switched back to air cooling (on both cpu and gpu) because the coolers simply broke.

3 hours ago, Ficus said:

I would stick to air cooling because: 1. You need to change the liquid in 6 months 

2. Most of the people i know who got liquid cooling switched back to air cooling (on both cpu and gpu) because the coolers simply broke.

should i use an aio cooler?

5 minutes ago, Ficus said:

I would do that

Can I use 2 radiators? One for CPU and 1 for GPU?

5 minutes ago, apaar123 said:

Can I use 2 radiators? One for CPU and 1 for GPU?

if they are in separate loops then yes, if they are sharing the same tubing route then no. It is better to keep the gpu and cpu loop separated for better cooling 

29 minutes ago, iamthecpu said:

if they are in separate loops then yes, if they are sharing the same tubing route then no. It is better to keep the gpu and cpu loop separated for better cooling 

Yes separate tubing. Will Buy 2 aio

2 hours ago, iamthecpu said:

I would like to know how you came to this conclusion.

If you have enough radiator space to cool each component individually, then when combined, the hotter of the two components will reap the benefits of the "unused" radiator space that the cooler one doesn't need.

Making a single loop for both CPU and GPU is cheaper, takes up less space, and is overall simpler since you'll only need a single pump to get started with all that implies.

Here's my experience,

I was using an H100i AiO on my CPU with my GPU being the MSI SeaHawk that had it's own Corsair AiO to cool it as well.

I've since replaced the AiOs with a fully custom loop. Both the CPU and GPU are on the same loop, but they now both had access to more than double the radiator space they ever had individually. As a consequence, their respective idle and load temperatures are noticeably lower than before with slower fans for less noise.

Now, if you're unsure about going for a custom loop given the costs, time, effort, and maintenance that comes with it, then sure, go for a pair of AiOs. If you can get something for your GPU, then even a humble 120mm radiator will outperform even the beefiest of GPU air coolers.

OP, if what you want is better than air cooling performance at a reasonable price, get some AiOs.

But if you want your PC to be a display piece, a constantly shifting work of art, like a hotrodder works on their muscle car, then go for a custom loop.

---

10 hours ago, PrimeSonic said:

I would like to know how you came to this conclusion.

If you have enough radiator space to cool each component individually, then when combined, the hotter of the two components will reap the benefits of the "unused" radiator space that the cooler one doesn't need.

Making a single loop for both CPU and GPU is cheaper, takes up less space, and is overall simpler since you'll only need a single pump to get started with all that implies.

Here's my experience,

I was using an H100i AiO on my CPU with my GPU being the MSI SeaHawk that had it's own Corsair AiO to cool it as well.

I've since replaced the AiOs with a fully custom loop. Both the CPU and GPU are on the same loop, but they now both had access to more than double the radiator space they ever had individually. As a consequence, their respective idle and load temperatures are noticeably lower than before with slower fans for less noise.

Now, if you're unsure about going for a custom loop given the costs, time, effort, and maintenance that comes with it, then sure, go for a pair of AiOs. If you can get something for your GPU, then even a humble 120mm radiator will outperform even the beefiest of GPU air coolers.

OP, if what you want is better than air cooling performance at a reasonable price, get some AiOs.

But if you want your PC to be a display piece, a constantly shifting work of art, like a hotrodder works on their muscle car, then go for a custom loop.

Agreed.  Don't know were that individual came up with that conclusion.  Separate loops are only for aesthetics, unless you putting some crazy loads on the components.  Even then, with the right amount of radiators and fans there is no point for separate loops.

AIOs are a great way to drop temps on a GPU.  I use one in my F@H/BOINC rig.  The little GPU barely goes over 45C while folding 24/7 (I even got higher clocks because of the temps).

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU