Make my current list for a build better!

27 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

2. Ryzen candle even handle 3k mhz RAM rn...

24 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

It can, but your RAM won't reach 3k mhz...

You never said what?

EDIT: And don't change your tune now because you recommended OP get 2400 RAM because you said Ryzen couldn't achieve 3000+

Just now, tom_w141 said:

You never said what?

Poor wording on my part. Whatever, my bad. What I meant was "Ryzen can't handle 32k speeds with 4x sticks."

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

@tom_w141 None of this RAM speed stuff anyway, the original purpose of this thread was to help OP with his build. Let's get back on topic, shall we?

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Just now, N1ghtshade said:

Poor wording on my part. Whatever, my bad. What I meant was "Ryzen can't handle 32k speeds with 4x sticks."

Sure it was xD And what did you mean to say when you said my RAM couldn't do it? Gonna reply with a completely different sentence?

There is nothing wrong with being wrong. At launch yes it struggled because the motherboard manufacturers weren't given enough time to develop their boards. This improved in the coming weeks. Admitting you are wrong and using this knowledge in the future to help others make the right choices is a skill you need to practice. You are completely changing your argument now lmao so im done with you... Just let it go.

OP i'm very sorry your thread got so side tracked. Some people just don't accept that being wrong every now and then is possible. GL on your build and let us know what you decide :)

12 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

2. No, I didn't I said ryzen couldn't handle 32k speeds on 4x sticks.

You DID say that, and Ryzen can handle a lot more than 3000.

In your own words-

13 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

/thread

11 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

"Don't be a dick" -Wil Wheaton

the irony of will wheaten being a dick. in real life will is a very unpleasant attention hungry person, he also plays the worst star trek character wesley crusher. 

4 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Sure it was xD And what did you mean to say when you said my RAM couldn't do it? Gonna reply with a completely different sentence?

There is nothing wrong with being wrong. At launch yes it struggled because the motherboard manufacturers weren't given enough time to develop their boards. This improved in the coming weeks. Admitting you are wrong and using this knowledge in the future to help others make the right choices is a skill you need to practice. You are completely changing your argument now lmao so im done with you... Just let it go.

OP i'm very sorry your thread got so side tracked. Some people just don't accept that being wrong every now and then is possible. GL on your build and let us know what you decide :)

Ugh... people why you are why I don't like the internet. I'm trying to get the thread back ont rack yet you continue to be a dick and continue this inane argument. At this point it doesn't matter who's right, we simply need to un-derail this thread

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

the irony of will wheaten being a dick. in real life will is a very unpleasant attention hungry person, he also plays the worst star trek character wesley crusher. 

Irony in its purest form

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

5 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

Ugh... people why you are why I don't like the internet. I'm trying to get the thread back ont rack yet you continue to be a dick and continue this inane argument. At this point it doesn't matter who's right, we simply need to un-derail this thread

"doesn't matter who is right" sounds exactly like something the person who was wrong would say :P

Also it kinda does matter who is right :P We are making recommendations on how the OP should spend their hard earned money. Which means we need to a) Do our very best not to misinform them and b) Give each other constructive criticism to point out potential issues in builds out and prevent it in future (this did start with a constructive critique). Making mistakes and talking to others is how we learn.

EDIT: Nothing to with the internet btw i'd have the same conversation with you to try and help you understand irl as well as online.

@tom_w141 @N1ghtshade I'm not trying to get ULTRA 4K SETTINGS or even high settings out of this machine, normally medium, and maybe high if I feel like it, since I normally play source games (TF2, GMod, and CS:GO) but I dont need to change my GPU or CPU,  just need to figure out what can give me the preformance I'm looking for. And my monitor only maxes out at 1920x1080.

Just now, Ryhann said:

@tom_w141 @N1ghtshade I'm not trying to get ULTRA 4K SETTINGS or even high settings out of this machine, normally medium, and maybe high if I feel like it, since I normally play source games (TF2, GMod, and CS:GO) but I dont need to change my GPU or CPU,  just need to figure out what can give me the preformance I'm looking for. And my monitor only maxes out at 1920x1080.

Well you'll be fine with just about anything if you're running Source games haha :P You can literally run CS GO on integrated graphics with stable 60fps, so just try to find the best value for your money

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540