5 hours in a single room

piemadd

Just wait till college/university I am in a classroom for at least 5 hours twice a week, there is a 15 minute break but I usually don't get up, too busy getting work done.  They don't want them to leave the room because in the US at least the school could lose its ability to administer tests if people are caught cheating, so they have to be very strict, only staff authorized to be proctors were allowed in the room that the test was occurring.  Source worked at a school and talked with the standardized test coordinator there on the policies.

40 minutes ago, SSL said:

:D

Exist dee

i like trains 🙂

39 minutes ago, flowalex said:

Just wait till college/university I am in a classroom for at least 5 hours twice a week, there is a 15 minute break but I usually don't get up, too busy getting work done.  They don't want them to leave the room because in the US at least the school could lose its ability to administer tests if people are caught cheating, so they have to be very strict, only staff authorized to be proctors were allowed in the room that the test was occurring.  Source worked at a school and talked with the standardized test coordinator there on the policies.

My thing is, we weren't taking a test, we had our school iPads. I was luck to have LTT to go to

i like trains 🙂

Honestly, when I was a kid. We didn't even have iPads and shit in class. I literally would count holes in the ceiling tiles and maybe try to play snake on my phone once in a while. I couldn't even imagine the crazy stuff I could've done if I was actually able to use tech like an iPad and not get in trouble lol. xD

2 minutes ago, Mutoh said:

Honestly, when I was a kid. We didn't even have iPads and shit in class. I literally would count holes in the ceiling tiles and maybe try to play snake on my phone once in a while. I couldn't even imagine the crazy stuff I could've done if I was actually able to use tech like an iPad and not get in trouble lol. xD

Most sites are blocked. I'm surprised that LTT hasn't been blocked. There are only 4 users tho. Discord got blocked a few months ago tho

i like trains 🙂

21 minutes ago, Implosivetech said:

Most sites are blocked. I'm surprised that LTT hasn't been blocked. There are only 4 users tho. Discord got blocked a few months ago tho

You can still use this site though. When I was young it basically costed you a couple of bucks to even load a text based webpage on a crappy monochrome screen so... xD

And I'm sure there are means to circumvent those blocks as well 

I wish I could be doing what youre doing right now

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

23 hours ago, Mutoh said:

They actually allowed you to have phones?

Our school banned any electronics.  Heck, they banned playing cards since it was consider gambling.  9_9  Got to love the backwards of Southern schools at times. /s

22 hours ago, Mutoh said:

And I'm sure there are means to circumvent those blocks as well

Hehe, yeah, those blocks are easy.  Or, at least what I remember 8-10 years ago.  I remember we had a guy in our computer tech classes who kept a several page binder filled with proxy sites.  (Our computer teacher did not care)

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

3 hours ago, Ithanul said:
Spoiler

They actually allowed you to have phones?

Our school banned any electronics.  Heck, they banned playing cards since it was consider gambling.  9_9  Got to love the backwards of Southern schools at times. /s

Hehe, yeah, those blocks are easy.  Or, at least what I remember 8-10 years ago.  I remember we had a guy in our computer tech classes who kept a several page binder filled with proxy sites.  (Our computer teacher did not care)

I'm allowed to use my phone in lessons, eh taking a photo of what's on the board before it's rubbed off, really handy.

And I don't get homework... :P

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

1 hour ago, Citadelen said:

I'm allowed to use my phone in lessons, eh taking a photo of what's on the board before it's rubbed off, really handy.

And I don't get homework... :P

Seems schools have changed policy quite a lot in the past 8 to 10 years.

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

You at least get an iPad to fuck around with while in there.  Some people here sit in the same room for longer than 5 hours, sometimes longer than 8.  It's called a job :P

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

I just had a good book back in ye olde days of high school.  Sometimes two if I knew nothing was going to happen. 

On 4/20/2017 at 1:46 PM, flowalex said:

I've never had an exam more than 3 hours.  Those are only midterms or finals too.  

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

On 4/20/2017 at 0:54 PM, Implosivetech said:

Is there some law against kids being stuck in a classroom for 5 hours

Kid... I have some bad news about this place called 'The Workplace' that you will be inhabiting for forty years after you finish school...

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎21 at 1:46 AM, flowalex said:

Sounds fun.....

Excited for college!

7 hours ago, Ithanul said:

They're a bit more advanced nowadays. We have a network side block as well as a client-side block, that is to say, we install a program that's damn near impossible to uninstall or circumvent.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

3 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

You at least get an iPad to fuck around with while in there.  Some people here sit in the same room for longer than 5 hours, sometimes longer than 8.  It's called a job :P

Jobs are kinda fun.....

Well kid, if they do not allow you to freely take a pee/poo on your own, on any whim you so desire, then it is abuse, and you could sue, and most likely get a ton of money. Especially if you have a bowel problem. You need to stretch out, you need fresh air so if there is not a window you can open, that is not good. You need to eat, and drink, you are a young kid in the growing stages of life, you need nutrition and hydration. More points to talk to your lawyer about when filing a lawsuit.

If its detention, well its detention, what do you parents think of that?

If its not detention then what is it?

Its illegal for you to be forced to sit for extended periods of time.

Its illegal for you to be forced not to eat, nor drink.

Its called abuse. It could be called held against your will.

I have been stuck in a room for 12 hours, 6'x10' and it had metal sink and toilet all in one. Then we were allowed out for 1.5 hrs, 3x a day. It was rough the first few times, but you get used to it.

1 hour ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

They're a bit more advanced nowadays. We have a network side block as well as a client-side block, that is to say, we install a program that's damn near impossible to uninstall or circumvent.

Well, the University I am at seems to not have good blocks then.

Then again, I don't think they expect a Linux OS on the network (their splash capture page don't even work against my lappy).

They don't even lock the BIOS either or block USB boot (which I carry several OSes on sticks).

Just now, Ithanul said:

Well, the University I am at seems to not have good blocks then.

Then again, I don't think they expect a Linux OS on the network (their splash capture page don't even work against my lappy).

There are tons of different blocking software out there. We are a K-12 school so we have a fairly aggressive block, universities are less likely to have such need of blocking software that advanced.

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

4 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

There are tons of different blocking software out there. We are a K-12 school so we have a fairly aggressive block, universities are less likely to have such need of blocking software that advanced.

Though, you expect they would since they tend to have higher level computers hooked to said network and most likely students who would know a thing or two about getting around the weak stuff.

Then again, their IT can't even get their printer working right with W10 at the University.  Though, in the Guard unit here.  I am one of the few who knows how to work the print server (seems some folks have issues knowing how to work those).

2 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

Though, you expect they would since they tend to have higher level computers hooked to said network and most likely students who would know a thing or two about getting around the weak stuff

Does your uni have dorms? If so, that's probably why.

3 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

Then again, their IT can't even get their printer working right with W10

Hey, everyone in IT hates printers. We almost actively avoid them because they're such a pain lol.