Windows 7/8/8.1 keys for Windows 10

JaZoN_XD

Hi, just wondering if using Windows 7/8/8.1 keys still works to activate Windows 10? Also, do sites like Kinguin or buymicrosoftkeys work? Thanks.

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING B550M Plus
  • Ryzen 5 5600X undervolted
  • Gigabyte VISION OC RTX 3070 undervolted
  • 32GB Teamgroup Dark Alpha 3600 MHz CL18
  • Corsair TX750M
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro & Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
  • Logitech G27 with pedals and H-shifter
  • TrackIR 4

Don't use grey market keys, if you want windows cheap/free just don't activate it.

They probably don't work any more as the upgrade is over, but there are still some ways to upgrade like with the accessbility thing.

2 minutes ago, JaZoN_XD said:

using Windows 7/8/8.1 keys still works to activate Windows 10?

I read lots of problems there

Do  fresh install of W10

Stay the f*ck away from Kinguin.  I don't know anything about buymicrosoftkeys.

But yes, you can: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/you-can-activate-windows-10-creators-update-with-old-windows-license-keys/

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

microsoftsoftwareswap on reddit can get you a windows 10 key for basically the same price as 7/8/8.1

Or you can not get a grey market key and do this: https://www.howtogeek.com/272201/all-the-ways-you-can-still-get-windows-10-for-free/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

On 4/19/2017 at 10:24 PM, JaZoN_XD said:

Hi, just wondering if using Windows 7/8/8.1 keys still works to activate Windows 10? Also, do sites like Kinguin or buymicrosoftkeys work? Thanks.

Only purchase keys or retail USB's / DVD's from authorized resellers. If you're ever unsure, ask to see proof that they indeed are an authorized reseller.

And as far as I'm aware, RETAIL Windows 7/8/8.1 keys should work to install the Windows 10 Creators update.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)