GHOST S1

GHOST S1 - When performance and design doesn't contradict

Born PC builders and gamers now in our thirties, we have outgrown the techy spaceships and dust collecting PC monsters – still in demand of stunning performance. We wanted a Small Form Factor PC Case that did not only fit all the latest technology but also looked good enough to deserve a place in front of the sofa next to the TV. After months in the lab, factory visits and testing we are finally able to present GHOST S1 – a Small Form Factor PC case that doesn't let performance, design and flexibility contradict. Quality and innovation in 7 liters and open source design!

Untitled-6.png.f179982fd007593d29cd4d024fb14c55.png

GHOST S1

GHOST S1 delivers state of the art architecture, flexibility, and performance wrapped in a refined minimalistic package – 100% uncompromised. The Scandinavian design of GHOST S1 is not just looks – it carries over 65 unique features never seen in a computer case before. 

• Small Form Factor - One of the smallest and most innovative full performance cases out there 
  • Full Performance: Possibility to fit a 2 slot 305 mm GPU, water-cooling, SFX-L and much more that your regular SFFs don't
  • Full Flexibility: with the expansion concept "TopHats" you easily make the case just the size you need
  • All About Quality: Manufactured from 2.5 mm extruded magnesium and silicone enforced, heat treated aluminum
  • An Optimal Airflow: Cooling air is pulled in by each heat generating component and directed upwards through the top  
  • A Uni-body Architecture: The stand-alone blade gives unparalleled rigidity and enables the fastest and most convenient build I've experienced

1.png.f90ab267fb01076d4eb3e60b0606136f.png

FORMATS&COLORS

The fundamental idea of GHOST S1 is a computer case designed to hold uncompromised performance in a package that looks good and is not bigger than necessary. To make it suitable for every occasion or placement GHOST S1 comes in three colors and four formats - What's your favorite combo?

FORMATS

4.png.a1061072b30c0d8cbd71fe22be1592da.png

With the expansion concept "TopHats" you easily make the case just the size you need. The TopHat modules are designed to expand the volume of your GHOST S1 XS; making it a S, M, or L. The TopHat of your choice is either included in your order (if you order a S, M, or L) or could be acquired separately when you are growing out of your XS.

COLORS

5.png.46a8bd539dc180b8f10bca683aee97ec.png

The GHOST S1 comes in three different matted colors; Ash, Arctic and Amber - all with a solid shiny black top grill.

TECH SPECS

The GHOST S1 is easiest described in detail by looking at three different structural stages of the case build: The Spine, the Core and the Shell

THE SPINE

7.thumb.png.fe8ae00e26b9c2eb1e8fa1c668b3b574.png

This is where most of the engineering hours have been spent. Maximizing functionality while simplifying the layout has been the primary guiding principle throughout the design process. The hardware of your choice can be fixated directly to the Spine making it the single most important component of the case. The voids are carefully calculated to allow multiple points of entry during build without compromising the structural integrity of the case - so convenient that we have a patent pending.

THE CORE

8.thumb.png.d2f122f231178c1c4e2b530228080085.png

The Core consists of the Spine with some additional components that increases the rigidity of the construction as well as simplifies the build and increases the aesthetics of the end-product. For the hardcore users, this is where the build ends. Just add filters to cover the Core cavities and you have stunning case with the “hood left open”.

THE SHELL

9.thumb.png.eb74ed05890badd3d5b3c2ce35f3260f.png

The Ghost S1 was designed with the modification community in mind. Pull it off, modify it to your taste and slide it back on. Or why not add graphics to the filters that will be visible through the Shell’s perforated sides?

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS (XS - Without TopHats)

·       Core Dimensions: 179 x 128 x 315mm  

·       Overall Dimensions: 181 x 133 x 320mm (including feet and case shell) 

·       Weight & Volume: 1,7 Kg & 7.1 L 

·       Material: 2.5 mm heat treated magnesium and silicone enforced aluminum 

·       Shell Colors: Ore Grey, Artic White, Steel Grey and Amber Orange

·       Connectivity: Top mounted 2 x USB 3.1 (internal 20 pin plug) and HDMI connector

·       GPU compatibility: Dual-Slot, max 305mm without bracket, 316mm including bracket

·       Motherboard compatibility: Mini-ITX 

·       PSU compatibility: SFX, SFX-L

·       CPU cooler compatibility: max height 63mm 

·       Memory compatibility: max height 65mm

·       PCIe Extender: 3M Twin Axial 250mm PCIe Gen3+ extender (included)

TOPHATS (S, M, L)

91.thumb.png.afcf099598002daad71ac98e397c4e64.png

We don't believe a computer case should be bigger than necessary. However, being a performance junky sometimes means you need to fit more stuff in than the Average Joe. The TopHat modules are designed to expand the volume of your GHOST S1 XS; making it a S, M, or L. The TopHat of your choice is either included in your order (if you order a S, M, or L) or could be acquired separately when you are growing out of your XS. 

What you choose to use the extra space for is up to you, but we made it ready to fit the most common accessories like fans and radiators right of the box. For more customized mods we will make mounting brackets and accessories available for order and/or download on our site - let us know what you require!

A SCANDINAVIAN HERITAGE

93.png.6c7f24a951ce9b19549115a558a6dd6f.png

• Minimalistic design – Raw, stiff and cold on the surface but with brilliance and playfulness underneath GHOST S1 is just like the average Swede.
  • Environmental focus – Being able to live on only one planet it seems a waste to destroy it. That is why the design is not just beautiful and clever, it also minimizes the raw material and chemical usage. The little material needed to create the master piece consists mainly of recycled materials.
  • Open Source Components – We give the power back to the user. By sharing and empowering the creation of 3D-printing and DXF files for new and evolved components the community around the GHOST S1 will continuously evolve.
  • Rigid long lasting construction – The Vikings built their ships for long and demanding voyages over the Atlantic Ocean. We built GHOST S1 to withstand the extreme conditions that are detrimental to most PC cases on the market.

Hope you like the result so far! I'm eager to hear what you think!

Edited by Pachalski
Night Theme

5/7

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

5/7

What is that, the score you are giving it? :D

This is cool, if the price was competitive, I'd consider one.

7 minutes ago, Pachalski said:

What is that, the score you are giving it? :D

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/5-7

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

What in the actual beauty!

Thats the type of the case that would work anywhere with anyone and be as modern in the future or today.

Would make for an excellent case upgrade.

Groomlake Authority

Okay, but like all cases i dont think anyone should be looking forward to this unless someone like Hardware Canucks reviews it.

Groomlake Authority

@Energycore fix dis. (Like the last thread)

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Interesting. I'm all for more high end ITX cases with great layouts. Though as a Dane, I'm appalled by the blue and yellow monstrosity on the top of the case :P

That being said, it looks like a Dancase layout, but a bit wider for proper aircooling support. A good place to compromise on size I think.

However, I am so sick and tired of cases not having active intake. Ncase does, which is brilliant, but Dancase doesn't, and most Lian Li cases don't either. That means the airflow is created by negative pressure, which not only reduces airflow and raises temps, but it also sucks air in through everywhere. With air comes dust, and you really understand how dumb negative pressure cases are when you spot an unused USB port filled with dust. I drilled 2x120mm holes in the bottom of my beautiful Lian Li just to get active intake. It reduced GPU temps by more than 10c. That extra 2.5cm/3cm height is generally a size increase well spent.

Although I get the point of these minimalistic cases for an adult audience (trust me, I hate Klingon/gamer design too), but it is possible to have an understated and nice looking computer with a side window (especially if it's glass). No one has done this yet at these sizes.

Kudos for a white powerLED. Blue belongs in the 00's.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

3 minutes ago, Notional said:

Interesting. I'm all for more high end ITX cases with great layouts. Though as a Dane, I'm appalled by the blue and yellow monstrosity on the top of the case :P

That being said, it looks like a Dancase layout, but a bit wider for proper aircooling support. A good place to compromise on size I think.

However, I am so sick and tired of cases not having active intake. Ncase does, which is brilliant, but Dancase doesn't, and most Lian Li cases don't either. That means the airflow is created by negative pressure, which not only reduces airflow and raises temps, but it also sucks air in through everywhere. With air comes dust, and you really understand how dumb negative pressure cases are when you spot an unused USB port filled with dust. I drilled 2x120mm holes in the bottom of my beautiful Lian Li just to get active intake. It reduced GPU temps by more than 10c. That extra 2.5cm/3cm height is generally a size increase well spent.

Although I get the point of these minimalistic cases for an adult audience (trust me, I hate Klingon/gamer design too), but it is possible to have an understated and nice looking computer with a side window (especially if it's glass). No one has done this yet at these sizes.

It's not like slim case fans exists you know. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( I agree with your post and I can't think of something witty to say )

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

It's not like slim case fans exists you know. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( I agree with your post and I can't think of something witty to say )

Indeed, but you won't fit them as intake under the case. Also, slim fans hardly move any air. Talking to your computer improves airflow more xD

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

28 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Thats the type of the case that would work anywhere with anyone and be as modern in the future or today.

Wouldn't fit my desk/home. But maybe that's because I like to be different.

Also, I give it a 3/10 as a rating.

I like it in principle. The line that got me thinking "More companies should do this" was "We give the power back to the user. By sharing and empowering the creation of 3D-printing and DXF files". I do believe it wold be a more solid case with one side panel solid, with the option of windowed or non windowed. A steel industrial color should be made an option as well imo.

Over all, I like the concept, the complicated simplicity, and the fact that info will be shared without the worry of violating ip laws.

There is enough youth in this world, how about a fountain of smart?

41 minutes ago, Notional said:

The M or L model will both hold active case fans, flip them either way to create negative or positive pressure. The "Spine" has integrated slots for filters that will slide vertically down the sides.

The L-model will hold a 240mm rad + 2 120mm fans.

i tought it was just pictures at first but the text is the exact same as night theme background

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

47 minutes ago, Notional said:

The blue and yellow monstrosity is not permanent, everyone will choose / design their own.

1 hour ago, AG1233 said:

Can you please remove the formatting OP this how it looks for night theme users.

58f10435c43f7_ScreenShot2017-04-14at10_46_50PM.png.66341caa453403d0cf08a6c675cc7d65.png

Is it better now?

5 minutes ago, Pachalski said:

Is it better now?

Yes it is,Thank you for changing the text colour :D 

Roughly when do you expect to deliver the first batch? Was about to order an NCase M1, but now I'm liking the look of the Large top hat Ghost S1 for a mini-itx water cooled build. May hopefuly be able to try a custom loop.

5 hours ago, Frazzles said:

Roughly when do you expect to deliver the first batch? Was about to order an NCase M1, but now I'm liking the look of the Large top hat Ghost S1 for a mini-itx water cooled build. May hopefuly be able to try a custom loop.

We will deliver the first batch in September 2017 

• 2 weeks later...

Registered here but can already see a thread :) Have backed it and looking forward to this case!