Daisy chain battery banks?

WowMuchName
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
Just now, WowMuchName said:

I like to think I know, I've done a lot of electrical stuff, but not a whole lot of soldering

Just be very careful to not overheat the batteries while soldering. Just to mention though a 20000mAh is fairly cheap theses days and would save the cost and time of making a larger battery:

https://www.anker.com/products/A1271012

Idk if this is the right sub forum. I'm taking a trip soon, and want a good sized battery bank for my backpack, and was wondering if it's possible to wire two banks together. Thanks.

Idk if this is the right sub forum. I'm taking a trip soon, and want a good sized battery bank for my backpack, and was wondering if it's possible to wire two banks together. Thanks.

Why not just carry two, it's possible to wire it in parallel to double the capacity as long as you know what your doing. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Why not just carry two, it's possible to wire it in parallel to double the capacity as long as you know what your doing. 

I like to think I know, I've done a lot of electrical stuff, but not a whole lot of soldering

Just be very careful to not overheat the batteries while soldering. Just to mention though a 20000mAh is fairly cheap theses days and would save the cost and time of making a larger battery:

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Yeah, I was going to wire two 20,000mah banks together, so yeah.

2 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Why

Because, like I said, I'm taking a trip, and we will be hiking, and stuff like that, and will be charging up to 3 phones

1 minute ago, Belgarathian said:

OPs house sometime in the near future....

Lol, I'm not using note 7 batteries tho

Wait, I just thought abou that I'm flying, would it be allowed in a check in bag?

2 minutes ago, WowMuchName said:

Wait, I just thought abou that I'm flying, would it be allowed in a check in bag?

If it looks like something like this then sure! Go ahead. Totally legit.

Image result for two batteries wired together

Jokes aside, two cylindrical shapes soldered together with a red wire and a black wire and electronic components ...will surely set some alarm bells!

1 minute ago, mrzoltowski said:

If it looks like something like this then sure! Go ahead. Totally legit.

Image result for two batteries wired together

Jokes aside, two cylindrical shapes soldered together with a red wire and a black wire and electronic components ...will surely set some alarm bells!

True, I guess a lot of it depends on how clean I can make it look xD

6 minutes ago, WowMuchName said:

If you DIY something they most likely will not let you, but check as most have a maximum limit the allow for battery packs. 

True, I guess a lot of it depends on how clean I can make it look xD

Just put a "Totally not an explosive" sticker on it. That should do it.

Just bring the 2 banks separately and duct tape them together, no need to wire them...

Unless you wanna know that you did something cool, but they prob wont allow that on the flight.