dont put a 280mm rad in the NZXT s340

Tiwaz

Hey guys!

So I just wanna tell you, that you seriously shouldnt put a NZXT X61 280 mm rad in the NZXT S340. I managed to install it but i could only mount the two screws in the middle of the rad, i need to have the pipes come out on the bottom and i needed to remove both usb cables for the front panel. It works fine obviously from the performacne standpoint, but the install was really difficult. I just wanted to make the post here, because i dont want others to make that mistake as well ;)

It's probably better to make a combination such as: 140/120mm rad + 140/120mm or a 240 mm rad

Yours sincerely,

Tiwaz

PS: in the end doe it looks pretty decent. Dont mind the dust, I ordered 2-Propanol and pressured gas for cleaning the GPU and also gonna reapply thermal compound on it and clean the rest of the case too ;)

computerx61.jpg

computerx61.thumb.jpg.f477addf5ae5e07e543f6f17d9b763c5.jpg

Gaming build:

CPU: i7-7700k (5.0ghz, 1.312v)

GPU(s): Asus Strix 1080ti OC (~2063mhz)

Memory: 32GB (4x8) DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3000mhz

Motherboard: Asus Prime z270-AR

PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W

Cooler: Custom water loop (420mm rad + 360mm rad)

Case: Be quiet! Dark base pro 900 (silver)
Primary storage: Samsung 960 evo m.2 SSD (500gb)

Secondary storage: Samsung 850 evo SSD (250gb)

Server build:

OS: Ubuntu server 16.04 LTS (though will probably upgrade to 17.04 for better ryzen support)

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700x

Memory: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB

Motherboard: Asrock B350 m4 pro

PSU: Corsair CX550M

Cooler: Cooler master hyper 212 evo

Storage: 2TB WD Red x1, 128gb OCZ SSD for OS

Case: HAF 932 adv

why didnt you mount it ports top?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

why didnt you mount it ports top?

you mean the liquid pipes? because it didnt find, the radiator is a bit longero n the side where the pipes go away

37 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

you mean the liquid pipes? because it didnt find, the radiator is a bit longero n the side where the pipes go away

there is plenty of space for the tubes at the top from what i can see:

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

NZXT KARKEN X61|S340

Searching on Google every picture I see has the cooler with the fans near the front with the tubing at the top.  Might wanna give that a shot.

7 minutes ago, revl8er said:

Searching on Google every picture I see has the cooler with the fans near the front with the tubing at the top.  Might wanna give that a shot.

Capture.PNG

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

25 minutes ago, revl8er said:

NZXT KARKEN X61|S340

becuase the had a push config. There was no way i could have mounted it that way with the included screws, the thing was, that the screws werent long enough to be mounted through the case, the fans and then the radiator. 

1 hour ago, linustouchtips said:

are you getting a smaller cooler. 

lol no, its working, just not as intended when it comes to mounting

19 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

becuase the had a push config. There was no way i could have mounted it that way with the included screws, the thing was, that the screws werent long enough to be mounted through the case, the fans and then the radiator. 

http://www.kitguru.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/4820426.jpg

I haven't seen anyone provide screws long enough for that, however you can easily go to a hardware store and buy some screws that will fit.  I had to do this with my x61 to do a push/pull.