Sony 4k TV review (60hz pc gaming)

Linus was talking a lot about gaming TVs during the Wan show of April 7, 2017 and I'm thinking the whole time this is a great time to give a little review of my 49x900e sony 4k TV. I have just recently got this TV as it just came out. However I have been using this with my gaming pc (gtx 1080) and I have definitely had a great time playing games at 4k 60fps+ at 60hz. I have yet to test any AAA titles at 4k yet but games like cs:go,  assetto corsa, day of infamy, cs source, Gmod ect. All respond great to the TV and look really good. This TV have something called "Motionflow™ XR 960 (native 120 Hz)" So I don't know if this auto upscales it to 120hz but as a pc monitor this display seemes to respond very fast. I saw online that the tested response time in the game mode was 32ms, I can definitely feel a little more delay than my benq running at 1080p@120hz with a 1ms response time, but the difference is probably only noticeable in first person shooters. Is this worth the price tag of 1200 us dollars? I would say if you really want a 4k monitor at the 49 in size this is only pannel in the market like it so if you have the money yeah it definitely worth it, otherwise I would say wait till it drops in price. I would love to see a review from someone with a gtx 1080ti setup with a similar but larger pannel sized TVs XBR-65X930E (65in $3,299) or XBR-75X940E (75in $5,900) in a living room setup with a controller and some 4k games. 

4k Tvs are great Options for monitors in my opinion.

But you need to understand that it has to have

1.HDMI that can do 4k 60hz,

2. Chroma 4:4:4 Subsampling otherwise text will be blurry

3. Lower input lag you can find better. Check also some have different input lags at 1080p and 4k sometimes they advertise the 1080p input instead. 

3 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

What most fake 120/240/etc. Hz modes do on TVs is either create an imaginary frame between two frames or just show the previous frame again.

Nice to hear that you like it though.

True, Ussualy Tvs in game mode or Pc mode disable this. It Typically Adds A LOT of Lag to the input. some TVS fake 120-480hz BS can be over 100ms 

The thread was moved to the Displays section

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !