Question about cleaning CPU cases

So I have an old case lying around there and it had a lot of dust, since it has nothing inside I dissasembled the front USB ports and the power / reset button and cleared it with a lot of water. I planned to put my PC there since the new GPU I got doesn't fit in my current case. How much would I have to wait for it to completely dry? Do I need to take any other careful measure before moving components? Or was this a really bad idea?

Thanks! 

What the heck is a CPU case...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

28 minutes ago, Kazuma20 said:

So I have an old case lying around there and it had a lot of dust, since it has nothing inside I dissasembled the front USB ports and the power / reset button and cleared it with a lot of water. I planned to put my PC there since the new GPU I got doesn't fit in my current case. How much would I have to wait for it to completely dry? Do I need to take any other careful measure before moving components? Or was this a really bad idea?

Thanks! 

If you have compressed air just blast it out or dry it off with a towel and give it a day to dry out, you just want to make sure it doesn't rust if panels are unpainted.

Edited by W-L

I'd dry it off with a clean towel, like microfiber...one that won't shed its fibers all over the place.

32 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Computer case?

2 minutes ago, Kazuma20 said:

Computer case?

That's called a PC not a CPU.

This is a CPU:

Image result for i5 2500k

The only "case" they have is the cardboard box they come in.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

It's obviously that he used the wrong word for that.

@Kazuma20 Well you have some solutions to completely dry that PC case. 

First one: let it dry outside of your house. (a few hours should be enough. Also you could check by yourself if there's any remaining water inside of it.)

Second: Blow some warm air to it and that'll help a lot. (Do not blow it by yourself. Use the hairdryer.

Three: You can use anything you have in your house to dry it easily by wiping the water with a paper towel, a bath towel or even a microfiber towel.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card <<