Should i get the Samsung Galaxy S8?

Hello, 

I want to buy a new Phone and i considered the Samsung Galaxy S8. Or should i wait for a different Phone?

The Camera is importent for me. It should not be bad, thats why i choose the Galaxy S8 because the Camera on the S7 was pretty good.

My Phone at the Moment: Huawei P8 Lite

P.s.: Im sorry for my bad english, i hope you all can understand what i was trying to say.

If you desire it, go for it. Hopefully it is in your budget, but I personally don't think it's great. I also think the G5 is great so don't trust me too much. 

The g6 is nice, ask @M.Yurizaki, personally I'd rather wait for the S9 because if that's a glass brick, shut up take my money. Or if the iPhone beats them to it.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

I'd wait for reviews, like you should with anything, before deciding.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

5 minutes ago, Markus_Ei said:

Hello, 

I want to buy a new Phone and i considered the Samsung Galaxy S8. Or should i wait for a different Phone?

The Camera is importent for me. It should not be bad, thats why i choose the Galaxy S8 because the Camera on the S7 was pretty good.

My Phone at the Moment: Huawei P8 Lite

P.s.: Im sorry for my bad english, i hope you all can understand what i was trying to say.

At least I'm going for it, it has awesome hardware and specs gotta admit that.

Camera I think is better not upgraded, it's not worth increasing the MP(It has reached a point where it's already amazing enough, maybe a few tweaks could be better), but they should've increased fps of it.

What you actually wanna do with it?

-- BSOD : ( --

3 minutes ago, Zackbare said:

At least I'm going for it, it has awesome hardware and specs gotta admit that.

Camera I think is better not upgraded, it's not worth increasing the MP(It has reached a point where it's already amazing enough, maybe a few tweaks could be better), but they should've increased fps of it.

What you actually wanna do with it?

Taking Pictures on Vacation, playing on it, and watching Youtube.

Just now, Aytex said:

It's the same camera as a S7 with a few fixes

I know that, but is it worth for the better hardware?

2 minutes ago, Markus_Ei said:

Taking Pictures on Vacation, playing on it, and watching Youtube.

Then S8 is good enough, one thing which iPhone7 has advantage on is the 3-d imaging, which is not useful unless you and everyone you share those to stick with the same phone. Also, the bokeh effect, I think Samsung does it well enough with their soft.+hard. applications.

I find S8 to be way more powerful (I'll be getting exynos), but tbh both phones are way apart in hardware and software nature, it depends like if you're an enthusiasts like me, you would like to do any type of tweaks and install various mods or apps, which ios is not a good idea to do so with (IMO).

I also seriously consider that AMOLED for watching videos, coz late night watching is my thing, and it can go way low, it doesn't hurts the eyes, it looks also neat in dark that there are not grey strips above and below the movie while watching in different ratio. I also like the idea of not able to point out the screen's border in dark and it looks seamless with body.

But it varies on use and mindset

-- BSOD : ( --

i pre-ordered mine im pretty excited im coming from a S6 so should be a nice upgrade

6 minutes ago, Markus_Ei said:

I know that, but is it worth for the better hardware?

Well either way it's gonna give you a smooth experience. 820/8990 or 835/8995

Pretty much the only selling point is the display..

3 hours ago, Aytex said:

It's the same camera as a S7 with a few fixes

It's not the same camera. They have the same resolution and aperture. You could say it's similar but it's clearly better even on pre-release software. The S7 has a Sony IMX260 (and Samsung equivalent depending on lottery) and the S8 has a Sony IMX333 (and Samsung equivalent depending on lottery). The new sensor delivers better low-light performance among other things. The processing has also improved considerably including a Google Pixel-like HDR+ mode.

27 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

It's not the same camera. They have the same resolution and aperture. You could say it's similar but it's clearly better even on pre-release software. The S7 has a Sony IMX260 (and Samsung equivalent depending on lottery) and the S8 has a Sony IMX333 (and Samsung equivalent depending on lottery). The new sensor delivers better low-light performance among other things. The processing has also improved considerably including a Google Pixel-like HDR+ mode.

I heard from some guy at the conference that it was the exact same, guess I was wrong thanks for the info

4 minutes ago, Aytex said:

I heard from some guy at the conference that it was the exact same, guess I was wrong thanks for the info

Yeah, I know. There has been a lot of confusion because Samsung hasn't openly talked about the sensor; actually haven't really talked a lot about the camera or even specs in general. This has resulted in a lot of people concluding that it's the same sensor with improved processing but some of the more tech-oriented have dug around and found it to be a new sensor.