Best free antivirus

Hi there! :)

What is the best free antivirus in terms of protection and performance? I'm tired of my classmates plugging malware-infested flash drives on my laptop. I'm using a combination of Windows Defender and MBAM Free, but I've heard that Defender just doesn't cut it. Should I stick to it or just use another program?

2 minutes ago, djdelarosa25 said:

Hi there! :)

What is the best free antivirus in terms of protection and performance? I'm tired of my classmates plugging malware-infested flash drives on my laptop. I'm using a combination of Windows Defender and MBAM Free, but I've heard that Defender just doesn't cut it. Should I stick to it or just use another program?

mbam is fine, use windows defender with mbam and you are sorteeeed

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

Malware bytes + common sense. i also throw on Avast on there, saved me from a few trojans

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

you could try and use Avira it works decently, but like all free antiviruses they usually skip some files and leave some infected.

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

2 minutes ago, nobiggieBIG said:

mbam is fine, use windows defender with mbam and you are sorteeeed

I'm the video editor of our class, and the drives with the raw files are infected

17 minutes ago, djdelarosa25 said:

What is the best free antivirus in terms of protection and performance?

firefox + adblock + noscript

18 minutes ago, djdelarosa25 said:

I'm tired of my classmates plugging malware-infested flash drives on my laptop.

have you tried punching them in the face? thats what i call protection. get a fckn rotty to guard your shit.

but seriously disable autorun on usb and you can get physical guards for usb if you are paranoid about dickheads plugging crap in. i have a desktop computer for work and i treat my laptop like a dirty slut. its pretty much the village bicycle. it has no access to mu personal accounts. you might want to look into having a usb fob key to access personal cloud storage

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 hour ago, djdelarosa25 said:

I'm the video editor of our class, and the drives with the raw files are infected

so ask them to fucking sort out their computers

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

I personally use 360 total security for a few years and never had an issue so far. I assume they are selling like all "free" anti-virus programs some of your private data to make money.

4 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

I assume they are selling like all "free" anti-virus programs some of your private data to make money.

clamav doesn't.

Windows Defender + Common Sense

I used to use Eset a while ago, that was good.

If you're interested in gaming, check out my YouTube channel! New video every Saturday! Every comment, like, and subscription helps! Thanks!

(I don't have 100 subs yet so no direct link yet XD)