can i Download Ram?

3 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Best answer ever.

No, because if that was the only advantage or disadvantage or difference no one would innovate on ram

1 minute ago, NunoLava1998 said:

that is EXPENSIVE

but i first need to know how much RAM you already have

I think i have 4gb

Just now, Daniel Z. said:

No, because if that was the only advantage or disadvantage or difference no one would innovate on ram

Wow, you really missed the point to that one bud.  Good luck.

Just now, done12many2 said:

Wow, you really missed the point to that one bud.  Good luck.

How?

3 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

you call DDR2, DDR3 and DDR4 innovation?! they're still double data rate for 17 years now

4 minutes ago, XxXSuparMaker1337XxX said:

Ty i will order it should i be able to run a minecraft servrer with it?

Umm... I suggest you use a hosting service. If you do it on your own computer and someone DDoSes the server, nothing good will happen. And hosting services typically have DDoS protection anyway.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

5 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Umm... I suggest you use a hosting service. If you do it on your own computer and someone DDoSes the server, nothing good will happen. And hosting services typically have DDoS protection anyway.

I wanna do it myself ?

7 minutes ago, XxXSuparMaker1337XxX said:

I wanna do it myself ?

Yes, it'll be enough for about 20 ish people, depending on what else is on the server.

As for people assuming you're trolling, the "Download more RAM" joke has been ongoing for years, you're actually a living meme right now, congrats! :P 

51 minutes ago, K0MP4CT said:

Yes, it'll be enough for about 20 ish people, depending on what else is on the server.

As for people assuming you're trolling, the "Download more RAM" joke has been ongoing for years, you're actually a living meme right now, congrats! :P 

Make the server a private server for just a few people or else just rip

1 minute ago, Daniel Z. said:

Make the server a private server for just a few people or else just rip

rly??? i wanted to make a mineplex like server :(

Just now, XxXSuparMaker1337XxX said:

rly??? i wanted to make a mineplex like server :(

No way dude... You would at least need 10 gigabits Ethernet, most likely way more, and a server probably with at least around 100 CPU cores and nearing 1 TB RAM to do that... Do you know how much traffic will be going to the server if there are tens of thousands of people on the server? And how much ram is needed for that?

Most likely, the server is hosted on the amazon cloud or something.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Just now, DocSwag said:

No way dude... You would at least need 10 gigabits Ethernet, most likely way more, and a server probably with at least around 100 CPU cores and nearing 1 TB RAM to do that... Do you know how much traffic will be going to the server if there are tens of thousands of people on the server? And how much ram is needed for that?

Most likely, the server is hosted on the amazon cloud or something.

no not as many players but same style

3 minutes ago, XxXSuparMaker1337XxX said:

no not as many players but same style

How many players are you thinking of?

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

Just now, Daniel Z. said:

You could do that but you would have to do lots of plugins and stuff

Which would wear down more on the CPU, which is only a 6700k.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, XxXSuparMaker1337XxX said:

10-30

How fast is your internet?

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, XxXSuparMaker1337XxX said:

250/100

16gb should probably be enough then. You're internet is fast enough for the server to function fine.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

oh god 

Pc Specs

CPU: I7 6700k 4.5Ghz  Motherboard: Asus Z170-A Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4  Cpu Cooler: Corsair H100i v2  Storage: Crucial MX300 525GB/Hitachi Deskstar 3TB  Graphics Card: GTX 1080 Founders Edition Case: Corsair 750D Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850w Keyboard: Corsair k70 Mouse: rival 300 

Downloading more ram won't work. All you need is some RGB strips and your machine will instantly be 1000x faster!

Okay, there is actually something call windows pagefile or some people call it virtual ram. This is a temporary reserved space on your storage drive where it can act as ram. Let's say you have 4GB and some program/game is using all of it. When it needs more, then the system will then borrow the reserved space on your drive to act as ram. These days a SSD is faster than mechanical drive, so it's probably faster when the system, is accessing those virtual rams on a SSD vs a HDD. But no matter what, they are still a lot slower than actual ram.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list