buying beats studio advice needed

R001

Hi all.

I have a friend (also lives outside USA) who wants to buy Beats Studio headphones, he made an account on ebay and trying to win bids, I will try to help him in paying because he only have cash and we will be sending to an address in USA (to a friend) but I don't trust e-bay (fakes and scammers and fake description).

He is aiming to buy one for 100$ and I see one of his bids are around 120$ and he still has to pay 12$ shipping, the buyer says damaged box but the pics don't show damaged box, the buyer has 99.9% feedback

Another bid for 70$, used item, seller has made only 5 sales before, pics seem realistic.

What is the best place to buy Beats studio (old version OK I guess) new or used in perfect condition for that price without having to worry about it being a fake or in bad condition, and what is the price for this item, is 100$ realistic?

If you have dealt with specific website to buy them or you know a specific sellers, that would be great.

Any advice would be appreciated.

inb4 beats hate

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

beats advice: don't do it

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

Get him some Pioneer headphones, or Sennheisers, Audio-Technica, or ANY normal brand headphones which aren't "Fashion-Headphones".

No for real, the Beats headphones are 10 dollar headphones marketed to make them so exclusive and expensive with some cheap heavy bass equalizing.

There are just too many other headphones which are cheaper than those beats and are way better.

Good luck!

As someone who owns a pair of Solo's that came with my phone, don't bother buying Beats. 

HI

I would recommend you buy the Bose AE2's as they deliver better sound quality, better build quality and supreme minimal weight for comfort. Although they are £129 in the UK which I'm not sure what that is in dollars but even if its dearer id recommend these headphones

Hi all.

I have a friend (also lives outside USA) who wants to buy Beats Studio headphones, he made an account on ebay and trying to win bids, I will try to help him in paying because he only have cash and we will be sending to an address in USA (to a friend) but I don't trust e-bay (fakes and scammers and fake description).

He is aiming to buy one for 100$ and I see one of his bids are around 120$ and he still has to pay 12$ shipping, the buyer says damaged box but the pics don't show damaged box, the buyer has 99.9% feedback

Another bid for 70$, used item, seller has made only 5 sales before, pics seem realistic.

What is the best place to buy Beats studio (old version OK I guess) new or used in perfect condition for that price without having to worry about it being a fake or in bad condition, and what is the price for this item, is 100$ realistic?

If you have dealt with specific website to buy them or you know a specific sellers, that would be great.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Considering that is a $350 pair of headphones your friend is after $100 doesnt seem realistic at all however with the seller having 99.9% positive feedback i dont think it would be to much of a concern at all however to be honest this is not the greatest site to ask about beats, They get a lot of hate on this site because a lot of the members including myself know there are far better options for much cheaper that will sound just as good and usually better. Back to your original question a little more though i wouldnt trust ebay or any site for that matter as there are a huge number of fakes going around so i wouldnt suggest buying them online at all.. If hes wanting good bass heavy headphones then anything one of the other users suggested would be a far better option. my personal suggestion are beyerdynamics custom one pro's as they blow beats out of the water any day

If you care about sound quality and price/performance... I wouldn't recommend beats. The sound quality whilst being better than some cheap low end headphones is not as good compared to headphones of the same price and even bellow. On the bright side they do look good, the build quality is quite nice, but they are really just fashion headphones and you are mostly paying for the brand name rather than for a good quality pair of headphones.

Don't get beats unless you can somehow get them for an insanely good deal. They have an enormous markup for what quality they offer.

Did you say beats... Please don't buy beats. Try something from Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser or Audio Technica, just not beats they overpriced and sound like $10 headphones... Just not worth it.

Comming from one with the beats stuido headphones. waste of money BIGTIME. the only thing that was usable with those headphones was the jack cable witch was pretty good quality i must say.

Thank you all, I did not expect that much agreement, that's good :lol:

I suggested Audio Technica M50 to him yesterday but for some reason he did not listen and I did not know how good or bad beats are, I am sure he has no knowledge in headphones and never heard of other brands, are they similar to Beats Studio in sound features?

But he can't afford paying 200$, his salary is 300$ so...

Beside "Bose AE2" (I will read about it) can you suggest me exact models so I can pick one and advice him, 150$ max, something that has beats features (just doing it better)? I don't want him to be disappointed by my choice after he try them but I have no experience either, I just hear that this or that is good but have never tried any except a cheap Audio technica model that no longer impress me in sound (voice) clarity wise.

I don't know what is their features beside noise canceling and maybe good base as some of you have mentioned, I am afraid he tried a pair and liked something about the sound (not sure if this happened or not) but I am 100% he never tried a brand headphones before so they must have been better than what he used to use.

Edit:

Reading about the Bose AE2, they don't seem to be as much as we expect from German products, they seem to break quickly based on some reviews.

Audio Technica ATH-ANC7b, which has noise canceling and good base also breaks quickly too.

I am not sure it is a good idea to advice him anything else, nothing is sturdy these days :mellow:

DON'T! IT IS A CLUMP OF FECES! or rather more commonly known as,"PIECE OF SHIT".

a race of rectal matter,

a conglomerate of crap,

a group of poop,

a spool of stoole

a gaggle of roogoo

so on and so forth :lol:

HD439 have a little bit of bass, are very comfortable and about half the price.  What country is your mate in?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

V-Moda Crossfade LP, lots of bass, I personally don't like how they look but that may be different for him, and available new for about 110 dollars. If hes just using them at home (probably not the case if hes buying beats) I can recommend the Beyerdynamics DT770's, but theyre not "fashion headphones" at all.

THE signature

have you tried Sol Republic's headphones? I have 2 pairs 1 in ear and one over the ear, they both sound great and you can like mix and match stuff on them, Go on there site and look at them, or if you live near a computer store try some on, are local best buy had all of them on display you were able to plug them into your phone and listen to the quality but with the beats there, you had to listen to the dumb audio loop they had playing.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

I suggested Audio Technica M50 to him yesterday but for some reason he did not listen and I did not know how good or bad beats are, I am sure he has no knowledge in headphones and never heard of other brands, are they similar to Beats Studio in sound features?

Beside "Bose AE2" (I will read about it) can you suggest me exact models so I can pick one and advice him, 150$ max, something that has beats features (just doing it better)? I don't want him to be disappointed by my choice after he try them but I have no experience either, I just hear that this or that is good but have never tried any except a cheap Audio technica model that no longer impress me in sound (voice) clarity wise.

I don't know what is their features beside noise canceling and maybe good base as some of you have mentioned, I am afraid he tried a pair and liked something about the sound (not sure if this happened or not) but I am 100% he never tried a brand headphones before so they must have been better than what he used to use.

Edit:

Reading about the Bose AE2, they don't seem to be as much as we expect from German products, they seem to break quickly based on some reviews.

Audio Technica ATH-ANC7b, which has noise canceling and good base also breaks quickly too.

I am not sure it is a good idea to advice him anything else, nothing is sturdy these days :mellow:

The Philips Fidelio M1 are suppose to be the best for that price range apparently, but even so in my opinion I would spend the extra few dollars and buy the Bose AE2's as TRUST me on this I've had different headphones over the time and nothing compares to the Bose in comfortably, sound quality, bass and overall build quality... even headphones that are of a higher price.

The Philips Fidelio M1 are suppose to be the best for that price range apparently, but even so in my opinion I would spend the extra few dollars and buy the Bose AE2's as TRUST me on this I've had different headphones over the time and nothing compares to the Bose in comfortably, sound quality, bass and overall build quality... even headphones that are of a higher price.

Also I doubt the bose would break easily, I can imagine them braking if you intentionally try to break them but im pretty sure if you purchased some headphones for a decent price your going to look after them ? even if you don't look after them they aint going to break unless you try to or drive over them with a car or rom them of a massive tower:)

Advice on Buying Beats: Don't

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

if it being bought for recording/ mixing perpouses DO NOT BUY if you just listing to them DO NOT BUY i mean its your choice but there are so mcuh better cheaper headphones about,,, have a look around dont buy them because of the name!!! olus they favor the bass and nothing else so it wont sound to great nether

I did a thing once and it was awsome: https://soundcloud.com/jamese666/junkhead-cover-with-vocals

Edit:

If you have a 300 dollar salary maybe you should spend your money on something more wisely then a 200 dollar headset. But that's just my call.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

Thank you all,

We are going with V-Moda Crossfade LP , he liked it, has bass and some good features and good price brand new,

Regards