Warcraft I, II and III coming to Windows 7

nicehat

warcraft_orcs_and_humans.0_cinema_720.0.

Blizzard announced at Blizzcon 2013 that a small team was devoted to bringing the good ol' titles back to the 21st century. I imagine many of you that were born in the 90's or even 2000's dont know too much about Warcraft I or II but they were awesome. In addition Warcraft III will also be supported. When asked, World of Warcraft Director of Production said:

"So, we actually have a guy on our team — actually several guys on our team — who are actually working on a side project to do something like that in some form or fashion," Brack said. "We're fans of Warcraft 1Warcraft 2Warcraft 3, and we'd love to replay those games for sure."

So any of you that remember Orcs and Humans and Tides of Darkness will definitely get excited about this.  

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/10/5087768/blizzard-warcraft-and-warcraft-2-working-on-modern-pcs

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Sweet. Hopefully this signifies a new game in the series. An rts i mean, not anything WOW related. 

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

Wait, wait, wait. Will this work for windows 8 or in windows 7 compatibility mode? I really  want to play these.

@Morpheus it was an epic rts game of the past.

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

Wait, wait, wait. Will this work for windows 8 or in windows 7 compatibility mode? I really  want to play these.

Warcraft 3 works with Windows 8 no compatibility mode needed, and it supports widescreen resolutions now. Not sure on Warcraft 1 or 2, can't find my Warcraft 2 disc to test that out.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Good for blizzard, I have retail and digital copies of WarCraft 3. Still have my original Tides of Darkness and Beyond the Dark Portal CD"s but they won't install because of DOS (I thinK). . . . .

I can now play my childhood games properly!! 

christmas-early.jpg

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

Not sure about the other two but Warcraft III works with Windows 7 just fine.

Not sure about the other two but Warcraft III works with Windows 7 just fine.

the other require DOS warcraft 3 didn't

anyways this is cool, now would the please stop making us pay for a  game that was realised ten years ago ? I lost my copy of diablo and I'll be damned if I have to pay 20 dollers for a new copy just for the game keys.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

the other require DOS warcraft 3 didn't

anyways this is cool, now would the please stop making us pay for a  game that was realised ten years ago ? I lost my copy of diablo and I'll be damned if I have to pay 20 dollers for a new copy just for the game keys.

I think (can't be certain) but I registered my Diablo 2 (LOD?) copy with the blizzzard store and got Diablo 2 as a digital download, or that was WarCraft 3. Did it earlier this year or last year and can't remember. But the version number of the digital download of Diablo 2 (LOD) is 1.12 at the least - so no Nez, no 1.09 mods . . . . .

hope it would provide lan support, would love to play this with my family that are in other states. wonder if they would also toss in linux or android support also since everything is so mobile and can handle warcraft 1 and 2 at least

I think (can't be certain) but I registered my Diablo 2 (LOD?) copy with the blizzzard store and got Diablo 2 as a digital download, or that was WarCraft 3. Did it earlier this year or last year and can't remember. But the version number of the digital download of Diablo 2 (LOD) is 1.12 at the least - so no Nez, no 1.09 mods . . . . .

Probably D2 and W3 have digital downloads once you enter the CD-Key.

Hoping Warcraft 2 will be the same also, and I don't know if W1 had a cd-key.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

knew something like this was coming, after having a discussion  about why my Warcraft 2 cant be added to my bnet account his argument that its no longer supported was invalid, from a business POV knowing what customers own what products reguardless of age shows loyalty, and eventually one day they will drop support for sc2 and wc3 etc. will they be "deleted" from my account  a legacy section of the acc management that shows unsupported games for me is quite important. ie

tZ1RWrF.jpg

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Warcraft 3 works with Windows 8 no compatibility mode needed, and it supports widescreen resolutions now. Not sure on Warcraft 1 or 2, can't find my Warcraft 2 disc to test that out.

I meant wc1&2 in particular. I had wc3 installed on my mac a while ago, so I thought windows 8 could handle it. I tried wc1&2 and when you run in XP compatibility currently it says theres no DoS.

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

Well, I still have both WC I and II installed on my old Mac PowerPc... :D

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Probably D2 and W3 have digital downloads once you enter the CD-Key.

Hoping Warcraft 2 will be the same also, and I don't know if W1 had a cd-key.

I long since forgot my password for my blizzard accounts I only used them for warcraft 3 and diablo 2

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

About freaking time, I played the hell out of those games, loved them. I would love to see the originals out for PC again, even a HD version and even better if they are making a sequel and they manage not to fk it up :)

To all of that all I can say is....

gif-happy-dance.gif

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Does this mean an HD remake or just compatibility though?

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5