Google Announces Android O Developer Preview

Just now, TidaLWaveZ said:

Or a free year of Oreo's with a Galaxy S8 purchase

Ew Samsung.

says the person with a Galaxy S6

Personally I wouldn't want a S7 or S8, I'm hoping to get an LG G6 this year.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Ew Samsung.

I also have Galaxy S6 and why would you get G6 over it? Not like it's a really old phone.
Though I'm still waiting Android 7 on it

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Sucks that I still can't minimize YT app and that it continues playing for example. Also would be nice to see how well do improve notifications. Another thing is lame additional swipe before pattern unlock too. Such small changes too yet they don't update it.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Just now, Doobeedoo said:

I also have Galaxy S6 and why would you get G6 over it? Not like it's a really old phone.
Though I'm still waiting Android 7 on it

Eh, being locked down to 32GB kinda sucks (we could've gotten the 64GB or 128GB models but we didn't think it would be that big of a deal) but for me I'd like to have more space and I don't want to rely on cloud storage. Also the G6 will be faster because its newer and the expandable storage, and the cameras seem to better. So I mean all around it looks like a good phone. (Also my otterbox commuter is sorta falling apart and sure I could get a new case or not use a case all together but for a 2 year old phone it seems kinda silly. And also I want to use USB-Type C. Sooooooo yeah that's why I want the LG G6.

Just now, Doobeedoo said:

Sucks that I still can't minimize YT app and that it continues playing for example. Also would be nice to see how well do improve notifications. Another thing is lame additional swipe before pattern unlock too. Such small changes too yet they don't update it.

That's what YT red is for. It allows YT videos in the background.

6 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Ew Samsung.

I was gunning for the G6 because I've been an LG fan from the days of the G2 and G3(which I'm still using) but changed my mind when it was announced it would be using the Snapgragon 821.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

I was gunning for the G6 because I've been an LG fan from the days of the G2 and G3(which I'm still using) but changed my mind when it was announced it would be using the Snapgragon 821.

Well that's because Samsung is being a douche and not allowing other OEMs to use the 830 either all together or until the S8 is completed. Sooooooo that's hardly LGs fault.

10 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Or a free year of Oreo's with a Galaxy S8 purchase

i'd buy it just for the oreos :P

then sell the S8, get a theoretical one plus 4, and use the extra dough on a new gpu

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 minute ago, suicidalfranco said:

i'd buy it just for the oreos :P

then sell the S8, get a theoretical one plus 4, and use the extra dough on a new gpu

See I use Verizon so OnePlus wouldn't really work for me and anyways, I don't really want one.

5 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Eh, being locked down to 32GB kinda sucks (we could've gotten the 64GB or 128GB models but we didn't think it would be that big of a deal) but for me I'd like to have more space and I don't want to rely on cloud storage. Also the G6 will be faster because its newer and the expandable storage, and the cameras seem to better. So I mean all around it looks like a good phone. (Also my otterbox commuter is sorta falling apart and sure I could get a new case or not use a case all together but for a 2 year old phone it seems kinda silly. And also I want to use USB-Type C. Sooooooo yeah that's why I want the LG G6.

True, if you need a ton of storage I agree. I also tend to have needs for it. Having many pictures, dozen GBs of music, many high quality and resolution videos along. That's why I was aiming for 128GB internal storage, also it's fast.
Sure new one will be faster and better in general though not a big jump, at least what I do when I upgrade. USB Type C is neat yeah.

5 minutes ago, wcreek said:

That's what YT red is for. It allows YT videos in the background.

YT red is a joke though. Really shame for native YT app lacking such simple feature. Luckily I can do that with Firefox though.

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

Well that's because Samsung is being a douche and not allowing other OEMs to use the 830 either all together or until the S8 is completed. Sooooooo that's hardly LGs fault.

I was actually part of that thread here lol.

I actually sympathize with LG because I'm punishing them and rewarding the company that screwed them. Unfortunately for LG I show no remorse in my tech purchases.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

13 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

iOS iHype train is here!

choo choo

i mean, it's not like we've had that be a thing unofficially since iOS 7 or something like that 9_9

one of the main reasons why I still use iOS.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

am I the only one that thinks that they come out with a new version of android so often?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

3 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

am I the only one that thinks that they come out with a new version of android so often?

It is pretty often like once a year or faster, but you have to account for the fact that it doesn't go to every device immediately if it does at all.

Fact: bowling ball have a nougat layer.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

It is pretty often like once a year or faster, but you have to account for the fact that it doesn't go to every device immediately if it does at all.

which is why I very much dislike a big part of android. It has often happened that I bought an android phone and then a year later, new android version comes out, but I don't get it...

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

33 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

I was actually part of that thread here lol.

I actually sympathize with LG because I'm punishing them and rewarding the company that screwed them. Unfortunately for LG I show no remorse in my tech purchases.

hwhat?

35 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

True, if you need a ton of storage I agree. I also tend to have needs for it. Having many pictures, dozen GBs of music, many high quality and resolution videos along. That's why I was aiming for 128GB internal storage, also it's fast.
Sure new one will be faster and better in general though not a big jump, at least what I do when I upgrade. USB Type C is neat yeah.

Eh well expandable storage I think is a reason to upgrade, I'm not concerned about speed as much as I am storage and camera.

35 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

YT red is a joke though. Really shame for native YT app lacking such simple feature. Luckily I can do that with Firefox though.

Yeah it is.

Interesting thing about Android O adding multi display support is that USB type-c allows for native DP output. I could see a company pushing a phone to be a desktop replacement with a dock that has a monitor and keyboard mouse attached. like what Microsoft wanted to do.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

6 hours ago, Dackzy said:

which is why I very much dislike a big part of android. It has often happened that I bought an android phone and then a year later, new android version comes out, but I don't get it...

Really is that the end of the world though? I mean from a security patch aspect, sure. But from a feature aspect? Eh.

9 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Awesome-O

Awesome-O's 

Now thats childhood. Bootleg bodega cereal. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

9 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Awesome-O

Awesome-O's 

Now thats childhood. Bootleg bodega cereal. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

google copies apple

goggle copies appl

appl copies goggl

gogl copys apl

apl cops gog

go c ap

g c a

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.