YouTubers protest against new Google+ integration.

Many YouTubers including PewDiePie, NerdCubed, TotalBiscuit and Boogie2988 are disabling

there comments section as of today in Protest of the new Google+ integration.

Here is a video Boogie made on the matter:

Some youtubers will be providing alternative methods of commenting via reddit or elsewhere.

Thank god Pewdiepie is doing this as well. He has incredible amounts of power and is probably the only way to make something happen at Google. 

If Google doesn't do a Xbone on this, I don't know how much longer Youtube will last.

THE signature

Thanks for sharing this video :)

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Knowing google they won't change it back even if YT''ers do something like this . They will all probably get a message to enable the comments and if they don't their partnership ( read : Money ) will be gone.

Interested in Business and Technology

Am I the only one who thinks the only thing that needs to be changed with the comments is removing the ability to use links. Other that it's way better, I don't have to read 200 comments of people having arguments over stupid crap. And if my memory serves me right you can tell it to show new comments instead of highest rated (although, highest rated tend to show popular opinions, so these youtubers don't have an argument when they say that they can't recieve feedback). TBH, this happens EVERY time youtube makes a change "oh, this is bad, i'm not gonna use youtube if it stays like this waaaah"

TL:DR - They're just whining, this happens with every major yt change and if a change does happen it will most likely be removing links or setting new comments to show by default.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

Thank god Pewdiepie is doing this as well. He has incredible amounts of power and is probably the only way to make something happen at Google. 

If Google doesn't do a Xbone on this, I don't know how much longer Youtube will last.

GG microsoft, you made a new saying, to do an XBOX....

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

About time.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I love that video.

There are loads of Barrack Obamas; and they keep posting penises and swastikas.

He has a great point. the guy is great; but I wish he would drop the whole Francis thing, it pisses me off.

Compatible with Windows 95

Oh, canceling comments is no solution, moving to another video hosting site, well then you'd have something. YouTube is still getting the hits, till the hits go down its all BS and basically causing more hits.

The more you click on YouTube the less they will change because they are only looking at the hit counts not people's bellyaching.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

They'll change the comment system soon. they won't say anything about it though.

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

Ive stopped posting. I will probably log out of youtube permanently if theres still the requirement to have a google plus account.