Old PC game I can't remember.

Sorkurie
Go to solution Solved by vaiwalker,

the journeyman project?

I know this isn't exactly a "where do find old game" section, but I wasn't sure where else to ask. You guys have been very helpful before.

So there is this old computer game my brother and I used to play. The Game HAS to be from the 90s - 2005? I know that is a big gap, I was born in 94. I had to have been at least 8  years old or younger when I played it. Anyway, I have tried to Google it, but I do not remember enough to yield any results. There is a lot I can remember from it, But not the name of the actual game itself.. I can remember one song specifically, the game itself I believe was some kind of futuristic SciFi genre. 

I do not recall ever having the CD Case, but the CD design itself was all black except for the main character on it. He was colored a gray/white color. I think I remember his pose. I think one of his feet were in front of the other and he had his hands up as if he was stepping a mine or something. I believe he might have had a shocked expression? He had that generic "white guy" look. Like Duke Nukem or BJ Blazkowicz from Wolfenstein 3D. I think he also might have had an eyepiece on? Kind of like a scouter from Dragon Ball Z.

Actual Gameplay, here is what I remember. I believe it was a First Person Game. I do not recall if it was a point and click or an actual game where your character could move freely or on rails. I remember one of the first levels, There was this Giant metallic door. I don't think you could progress the game until you opened the door. My brother and I could never figure out how to open it. I also remember a bathroom, you could interact with the sink and toilet. I think the colors were purple and gray? 

I also remember a room kind of like the Holodeck from Star Trek. You could change the walls of the room to have different environments. I think one option would make it look like a jungle or forest? 

Anyway, it has been 10+ years and I still have no idea what game it is. I'd appreciate any ideas you guys might have. My knowledge of old PC games is very little. I didn't actually start truly playing computer games till about 3 or 4 years ago. 

16 minutes ago, Sorkurie said:

snip

Do you know the genre of the game? Was it a shooter, adventure, rpg, etc?

1 minute ago, camb0tz said:

Prey

No, just checked that. Most likely older than that. Im sure it wasnt a run and gun kind of game. 

1 minute ago, imreloadin said:

Do you know the genre of the game? Was it a shooter, adventure, rpg, etc?

I do not recall any shooter elements to it. Just that its setting was some kind of futuristic scifi. Im thinking it was an adventure exploration game? 

Maybe even when you find the game, you will think thats not it, because early memories can be very deceiving.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

sounds almost like one of the space quests also.

System Shock maybe? Or hmmm... I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream? I'd be shocked if an eight year old played that in 2002 though...

Or no, could you be talking about Daikatana maybe? The timing is about right. I seem to remember something about a holodeck kind of training arena and in the first level there's a door that's insanely difficult to get past. I also seem to remember there being something up with his eye but I'm not sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Bioforge?

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

On 3/17/2017 at 7:18 AM, Seamonster420 said:

Or no, could you be talking about Daikatana maybe? The timing is about right. I seem to remember something about a holodeck kind of training arena and in the first level there's a door that's insanely difficult to get past. I also seem to remember there being something up with his eye but I'm not sure.

Daikatana? More like...I'm dying from all this backtrack and lack of good content-katana...That game gives me nightmares!

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

2 hours ago, Aphala said:

Daikatana? More like...I'm dying from all this backtrack and lack of good content-katana...That game gives me nightmares!

Oh I was in no way endorsing it. It's a pile.

3 hours ago, Seamonster420 said:

Oh I was in no way endorsing it. It's a pile.

I've never heard anyone actively say it was a good game in my life it's like "Yeah I remember it but..it was kinda crap". 

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.