AMD Vega Pricing Predictions?

Veninblazer
Go to solution Solved by Vode,

If it's equal or slightly faster to a GTX 1080 -> $449

If it's actually much faster than the GTX 1080 approaching the Titan X -> $549

It'll probably be the latter but the Titan X and 1080 TI will still be 15% faster most likely.

As you likely know, AMD Vega will be out in the next few months most likely. How much do you think the card shown at CES will cost? As much as I'd love for them to compete with the 1080 and 1080 Ti for 1070 prices, I just don't think they'll be able to undercut that much, they didn't do it in the past by that margin. A 390X was cheaper than a 980, but not by too ridiculous of a margin, the normal 390 was so close to 970 prices, and the 380 seemed to be pricier than the 960. The 480 is currently undercutting the 1060 by about $30, the 470 was supposed to be something in between budget and midrange and (along with the other RX cards) got a price drop when Nvidia released their 1050 and 1050 Ti in the budget end. Considering they also had to compete with the 980 Ti, they came out with the Fury and Fury X which didn't undercut the 980 Ti by that much, although nowadays you can find a Fury for under $300 which is a great deal for that level of performance. I personally think that Vega will be pretty expensive, likely in the 500-600 range. What say you?

they probably will sit about 100 bucks below it and have about 10% less performance. that is my prediction anyways. something similar to zen.

$329 for the 1070 equiv and $599 for the 1080 equiv. I think the 1080Ti pricing might have to make AMD rethink.

I reckon £299 for the lower end model and £499 for the high end one.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, tlink said:

they probably will sit about 100 bucks below it and have about 10% less performance. that is my prediction anyways. something similar to zen.

Yeah. Although Ryzen 7 has undercutted the 6900K by a pretty extreme margin and in heavy multithreading can actually beat it out, game performance has been somewhat lacking in comparison to even the 6900K. I just am not convinced they'll be able to undercut that much with Vega. They couldn't with the Fury X, so why Vega? lol

3 minutes ago, LabRat said:

$329 for the 1070 equiv and $599 for the 1080 equiv. I think the 1080Ti pricing might have to make AMD rethink.

Maybe, although if we take into consideration that we already saw a win vs the 1080 with unoptimized drivers and a likely underclock, I think they'll be eyeing 1080Ti or even Volta performance. Never mind driver maturity which is what brought the 480 to beat the 1060 more often.

Just now, MasontheDeathbat said:

Yeah. Although Ryzen 7 has undercutted the 6900K by a pretty extreme margin and in heavy multithreading can actually beat it out, game performance has been somewhat lacking in comparison to even the 6900K. I just am not convinced they'll be able to undercut that much with Vega. They couldn't with the Fury X, so why Vega? lol

because their gpu performance this year was pretty good. they had some well rounded mid tier gpu's. and they said they would focus more on the lower end of the market i thought, going slightly under nvidia with a lower price would definitely catch some of nvidias wind from their sails even in the high end. but i dunno its just speculation anyways. they could destroy the 1080ti for a 1070 price for all we know, very unlikely though.

1 minute ago, tlink said:

because their gpu performance this year was pretty good. they had some well rounded mid tier gpu's. and they said they would focus more on the lower end of the market i thought, going slightly under nvidia with a lower price would definitely catch some of nvidias wind from their sails even in the high end. but i dunno its just speculation anyways. they could destroy the 1080ti for a 1070 price for all we know, very unlikely though.

Yeah I'm just not convinced they will undercut that much. It's more believable that they'll match the 1080 Ti for about 1080 prices.

Between 0 and $10000.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, MasontheDeathbat said:

lol

I make safe bets.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

17 minutes ago, MasontheDeathbat said:

nowadays you can find a Fury for under $300 which is a great deal for that level of performance.

actiually ~$230 new now, they are by far the best value card out there if you know where to look :D 

im going to say just above the price of the 1070 though for slightly above 1080 preformance

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

If it's equal or slightly faster to a GTX 1080 -> $449

If it's actually much faster than the GTX 1080 approaching the Titan X -> $549

It'll probably be the latter but the Titan X and 1080 TI will still be 15% faster most likely.

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2017 at 6:44 AM, MasontheDeathbat said:

Yeah I'm just not convinced they will undercut that much. It's more believable that they'll match the 1080 Ti for about 1080 prices.

I'm thinking very similar.  It will come out at 1080 performance (on average) and then improve closer to the ti with driver and game optimization.  I'll never call on price though because my personal experience with prices in Australia is too hap hazard and never predictable.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I don't really see them going for the undercut strategy either. From what we've seen with them likely using an AiO for the reference product and their use of HBM2 I would say they're just opting for a faster card. In that case I would say:

$699 RX Vega XT

$599 RX Vega Pro

$449 RX Vega 11 XT

$349 RX Vega 11 Pro

I'm not even going to begin to guess how much each memory configuration costs though.

Edit - didn't realise this was such an old thread.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

6 minutes ago, Carclis said:

Edit - didn't realise this was such an old thread.

Neither did I,  It came up in the recommendations on the side and took my interest.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.