Elon Musk helps solve Australian Cities Power Problem

"Mr Musk has weighed into South Australia’s energy crisis, boldly claiming he can fix the problem for $33 million and in under 100 days."

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/business/elon-musk-says-his-tesla-battery-company-could-solve-south-australias-energy-crisis-in-100-days/news-story/9bec22122086cb5941d4c05916340def?utm_source=The Advertiser&utm_mediam=email&utm_campaign=editorial

Sounds interesting, but would it work?

Just now, Nicnac said:

If anyone can do it it's Musk :P 

but in 100 days????!!!

I live in SA (the state effected) and anything is worth a shot at this point. We had a state wide blackout for over 8 hours last year (EVREY resident in the whole state lost power!!!).

It's getting really bad.

CPU: Core i7 7700K | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 | MOBO: Asus Prime Z270-AR | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengance LPX | PSU: Corsair RM850i | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | SSD: Kingston 128GB SSD & Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX | Case: CoolerMaster Mastercase Pro 5

Just now, FusionDeck said:

I live in SA (the state effected) and anything is worth a shot at this point. We had a state wide blackout for over 8 hours last year (EVREY resident in the whole state lost power!!!).

It's getting really bad.

yeah i didnt get my power back till the next morning during the statewide one, the school i attend in plympton was a victim of load shedding just last week

it was also 33°C

Just now, AndromedaProductions said:

yeah i didnt get my power back till the next morning during the statewide one, the school i attend in plympton was a victim of load shedding just last week

it was also 33°C

I was supposed to work that night and lost over 4 hours worth of pay because I was told not to go in.

CPU: Core i7 7700K | GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 | MOBO: Asus Prime Z270-AR | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengance LPX | PSU: Corsair RM850i | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | SSD: Kingston 128GB SSD & Samsung 850 Evo 500GB | Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX | Case: CoolerMaster Mastercase Pro 5

1 minute ago, FusionDeck said:

I was supposed to work that night and lost over 4 hours worth of pay because I was told not to go in.

the mcdonalds i used to work at lost all their stock haha. i really hope jay at least considers this plan

1 minute ago, AndromedaProductions said:

the mcdonalds i used to work at lost all their stock haha. i really hope jay at least considers this plan

My store's grills had issues the next day and we were unable to serve a lot of product because of issues with different machines aha

Just now, FusionDeck said:

My store's grills had issues the next day and we were unable to serve a lot of product because of issues with different machines aha

sa just needs to get their sht sorted

1 hour ago, AndromedaProductions said:

it was also 33°C

Why does the temperature matter? Do you guys air condition your schools!? 

That's an F in the profile pic

53 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Why does the temperature matter? Do you guys air condition your schools!? 

Do you not AC your schools?

People would drop dead if there wasn't AC

6 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

We don't. But a very hot day for us is like 90f, and that's very very hot.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

2 hours ago, AndromedaProductions said:

but in 100 days????!!!

The proposed project is a 100MW battery plant in South Australia.

The reason why he's claiming he can do it in 100 days, is that his company recently built a 90MW battery plant in California in 90 days.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

MWh, not MW. Guessing they would never want to drain it in just one hour.

Musk is basically promising to deliver twice the energy storage per dollar of the open-market Powerwall 2. Considering the benefits of buying in bulk, it doesn't seem unreasonable. Whether it's practical to deliver to South Australia on that budget and schedule though, I don't know.

22 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

Lol no. I live in South Africa so I understand heat, it is honestly a waste of money and electricity capacity to AC schools. 

That's an F in the profile pic

35 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

Come to Scotland, we need to have the heating on most of the time xD

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

25 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Lol no. I live in South Africa so I understand heat, it is honestly a waste of money and electricity capacity to AC schools. 

Says you. Personally I prefer using modern science and technology to have a comfortable climate experience indoors.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 hours ago, AndromedaProductions said:

but in 100 days????!!!

Sure, why not?

4 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

The reason why he's claiming he can do it in 100 days, is that his company recently built a 90MW battery plant in California in 90 days.

Not only that, you throw enough bodies at something and you can do it in no time. Japan is an excellent example of that.

https://multimedia.guardianapis.com/interactivevideos/video.php?octopusid=11846541&format=video/mp4

3 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Says you. Personally I prefer using modern science and technology to have a comfortable climate experience indoors.

Especially when it comes to comfortably learning! Or flirting. Whatever you end up doing during your education.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

10 hours ago, FusionDeck said:

It's getting really bad.

Time to buy a generator, look into biogas/woodgas.

9 hours ago, spwath said:

We don't. But a very hot day for us is like 90f, and that's very very hot.

Yeah most schools in Australia don't have Air Con, with the exception of private. Even here in Queensland at my school, where the principal is literally running for MP, She prefers to spend the schools cash on replacing all the schools grass with fake stuff and spending literally thousands of dollars on paint, when the only places that have air-conditioning is the Library and the IT support Staff room. 

It sometimes gets up to nearly 40 degrees C and we are expected to work in class rooms with no air-con and none of the fans work. 

Does Australia have an abundance of wood?

They use woodgas in the world wars. Its far less powerful, and way more dirty, but wood is dirt cheap. $50 for a chord of wood, and they say it lasts for 5000 miles with a V8 Dakota. Ideally they use V12 Dodges

Elon is gonna turn the whole earth into a batterie :dry:

Let's agree to disagree

Actually Elon wants humans to live on Mars and he will capitalize on it.

5 hours ago, JohnnyCorporalTech said:

Yeah most schools in Australia don't have Air Con, with the exception of private.

my school is private and we have ducted, but it wont work without power, thats the issue