Project tuxedo (900D) Updated 3/23/14

martinrox1568

tuxedo.png

Hey guys. This is my first build log here on the forums so I hope you guys enjoy it. I just love the look of contrasting colors and black and white just seems classy without being too flashy, So that's where the name came from. And sorry about the crappy banner. It was the best I could do with MS paint  :P. Oh and here's the parts list.

Hey does anyone know what's wrong with pictures on the forum? why are some of them all rearranged wierdly. Anyone have a solution?

CPU--- i5 4670k

Mobo-- MSI Mpower Z87

GPU--- Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce OC edition

RAM--- 8gb Kingston hyper x H2O 2133mhz CL9

Case-- Corsair 900d

PSU--- Antec 750 watt truepower

Water Cooling Parts

CPU block-- XSPC Raystorm 

Tubing----- Primoflex advanced LRT 3/8 ID 1/2 OD

Pump------- XSPC 750 

Radiators-- XSPC RS240 + 120mm Rad(unknown manufacturer) 

I'm sure plenty of you guys are wondering why I bought the most overkill case ever and only 360mm of Rad space. Because the case manufacteres rarely ever actually innovate something new, I'm looking on keeping this case for awhile. And down the line, I'm planning on adding another 480mm rad and maybe watercool my gpu. And I don't want to buy 2 cases over the next 3 years.  So without further ado here she is :

IMG_8786.JPG

Now that I think about it, the motherboard bcb is a nice black, but its heatsink seems too yellow. hmmm  <_<

IMG_8800.JPG

All those accessories  :blink:  ignore this text ignore this text IMG_8805.JPG

Some (failed)attempts at glory shots of the motherboard

Kingston-Hyper-X-H2Ostacke.jpg

ignore thiAnd the RAM is blue. What to do. . .  ;)  ignore this text ignore this text IMG_8838.JPG ignore this text ignore this text ignore this text Here's how the motherboard and RAM look. Mismatched colors everywhere. Still waiting for watercooling parts to arrive so I have some spare time which is perfect since I wanted to make sure everything looked more uniform

IMG_8839.JPG

Here's a clue to what my plan is.

You still have no clue? well here you go.  :P IMG_8846.JPG

That Ram looks SOOO much better now ignore this text ignore this text IMG_8860.JPG

and here's the motherboard. Ahh white. Why didn't MSI do this in the first place? Too bad I didn't have some acrylic for that audio boost logo.

IMG_8865.JPG

And lastly here's a comparison of the white & yellow motherboard

Well that's it for now. Just have to wait for the watercooling parts. Hope you guys enjoyed this small segment of the build log.  :)

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Classy!

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Looks great. Sad you should get Photoshop if you want to be creative btw thats amazing for paint... :3

Also Are you using a DSLR? Because it seems the mobo is unfocused. 

Hey I think if you took off the shroud of the Windforce cooler and painted it white. It would look pretty nice! 

yummy

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Ooh, this is going to be something! I am looking out for it!

thanks man. will try to not disapoint

Classy!

thanks!

Looks great. Sad you should get Photoshop if you want to be creative btw thats amazing for paint... :3

Also Are you using a DSLR? Because it seems the mobo is unfocused. 

Lol thanks. I do have  Photoshop but I only have access to my dad's computer right now cause mine is in pieces :P. And yeah its a t4i, but my lightning was crap in the photo and I needed a high exposure to get the background more white and that added to the blurriness. 

thanks man. will try to not disapoint

thanks!

Lol thanks. I do have  Photoshop but I only have access to my dad's computer right now cause mine is in pieces :P. And yeah its a t4i, but my lightning was crap in the photo and I needed a high exposure to get the background more white and that added to the blurriness. 

Were you manually focusing or auto?  The white had nothing to do with it... Its just out of focus from the main part of the mobo. 

How hard was it to pry the main sink apart?

Looking good. I have the same board but I just used adhesive vinyl to cover up the yellow on the sink and took off the yellow on the bottom one. You are more gutsy than I sir...I'm a warranty junkie. :lol:

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Hey I think if you took off the shroud of the Windforce cooler and painted it white. It would look pretty nice! 

Hmm. Great idea. Will try to see if it's a possiblity.

yummy

thanks!

Were you manually focusing or auto?  The white had nothing to do with it... Its just out of focus from the main part of the mobo. 

I meant that the camera might have been wobbly and made it look out of focus. But you are right that only the center looks out of focus, so idk. The camera was set to auto focus

I meant that the camera might have been wobbly and made it look out of focus. But you are right that only the center looks out of focus, so idk. The camera was set to auto focus

I suspect you just bought it? Well Try doing manual focus. With this you can easily focus the part you want and then simply hold still for a fraction of a second and take the photo. You'll get a better photo because you'll be able to focus it to where it should be. 

Also If you are trying to get the whole Mobo in focus you have to use a higher Ap and since you have good lighting you should be able to do this. I have a t3i BTW... I hate touch screens :P 

I suspect you just bought it? Well Try doing manual focus. With this you can easily focus the part you want and then simply hold still for a fraction of a second and take the photo. You'll get a better photo because you'll be able to focus it to where it should be. 

Also If you are trying to get the whole Mobo in focus you have to use a higher Ap and since you have good lighting you should be able to do this. I have a t3i BTW... I hate touch screens :P

Will do next time. And lol, that is not good lighting. I am holding a desk lap in my hand while taking the photo. LOL. Problem is that these photo's are taken with a 1+ exposure and that makes the shutter speed 1- 1.5 seconds so I need a tripod And I agree with you on the touchscreen for a camera idea. What's the point if half the time your nose is going to be on it.

Will do next time. And lol, that is not good lighting. I am holding a desk lap in my hand while taking the photo. LOL. Problem is that these photo's are taken with a 1+ exposure and that makes the shutter speed 1- 1.5 seconds so I need a tripod And I agree with you on the touchscreen for a camera idea. What's the point if half the time your nose is going to be on it.

So true... I was actually thinking to get a t4i when I was a noob lol. Then I was like I m not spending another 300 bucks for a touchscreen...

More of a video Person. So I actually use the screen but I dont need to touch it. 

Loving what you've done to the motherboard! 

Build log

CPU: FX-6100 @ 3.9 MOBO: GA 990XA-UD3 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB GPU: HD6870 PSU: Corsair GS800 Case: Bitfenix Outlaw SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Cooling: Custom Water-Cooling Peripherals: Keyboard: G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Sensei Steering Wheel: Logitech G27 Sound: Speakers: Logitech x530 Headset: Razer Chimaera Monitor: Benq G2450HM, LG 32" TV

Looks epic, I am definitely subbing but may I ask why you have a profile picture of the r9 series and are using a GTX 780?

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

It seems kind of weird, having a 290(X) in your profile picture but having the exact competitor in the build.

that motherboard looks gorgeous now  :o

It seems kind of weird, having a 290(X) in your profile picture but having the exact competitor in the build.

that motherboard looks gorgeous now  :o

Looks epic, I am definitely subbing but may I ask why you have a profile picture of the r9 series and are using a GTX 780?

Loving what you've done to the motherboard!

Awesome start dude! looking forward to this build!

Black and white oh man,This is a very good build already.

-Followed-

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the support. As for my profile pic, I was planning on getting the 290x but decided 780 would be better for me. Now I'm thinking of not changing it just to troll people

• 2 weeks later...

looks good just dont do like this guyhttp://forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=58407 and you'll be good :D

Damn someone stole my idea :P I saw that build and the sad thing I'd it seems like he put a lot of time and money into it. Also, I know I haven't updated in awhile, and that will change tomorrow :)

Damn someone stole my idea :P I saw that build and the sad thing I'd it seems like he put a lot of time and money into it. Also, I know I haven't updated in awhile, and that will change tomorrow :)

yeah you could make it look so good and then he did it :D

PC specs.3570k, asus p8z77m pro, 8gb corsair vengence 1600MHz, XFX 550w, seagate barracuda 1TB, MSI 660ti, cooler master k350, cooler master hyper tx3 evo.