Samsung’s Galaxy Note 4 Explodes & Severely Burns a Young Child

54 minutes ago, wcreek said:

lol I had a little tangent expressing my opinion, I don't expect that to try to make discussion on that topic beyond what I said. 

As for the other guy well that's a different story.

I had other things to talk about in my post, I'd rather have those things be quoted.

I didn't really disagree or have anything to say to your other points that's why I didn't quote them.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 hour ago, laminutederire said:

Well, in this case it's China,  they're known to like cheaper version of everything,  so what goes around comes around...

There are also a few ways to prevent this kind of accident with precaution. And that's why the discussion on whether child should have one is present, it's because they don't know any better when it comes to safety. 

The only precautions I can think is having parents stick with reliable adapters and batteries for their Children's (and of course their own) devices. 

Keeping every single lithium ion battery powered device away from children is let's be honest, is nearly impossible today. 

Pascal laptops guide

49 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

The only precautions I can think is having parents stick with reliable adapters and batteries for their Children's (and of course their own) devices. 

Keeping every single lithium ion battery powered device away from children is let's be honest, is nearly impossible today. 

Only charge phones when not sleeping? 

I haven't let my phone charge overnight for basically... 2 years.

When it's off and not charging the risk is minimized. 

Not cheap on components is indeed necessary as well. You don't need to sleep with the phone close, you can put it away on the desk for instance.

Basically,  not letting people falling asleep while using their phone,  because their sleep cycles might be delayed because of that

1 hour ago, Prysin said:

BOOM WAKE UP!!!!!

mr_chang_senor_chang_laugh_spits_milk.gi

#SamsungsWakeUpCall

Details separate people.

17 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

-snip-

Any Lipo battery can explode, I remember an S4 exploded from being charged under a pillow.... The battery wasn't genuine and charging under a pillow is an absolute no-no. As a Note 4 owner, I recently replaced one of my Lipo batteries, the one that shipped with the phone, and it was kinda bulging after almost two years of use. The battery had a pretty reduced capacity and like I said, swelled badly, but it showed no signs of spontaneously combustion, more like a slow fart that slowly turns wets. 

Yours faithfully

17 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

#DeathNotes **Badumti...*BOOM* *

g.png

Well , it finally done did it, but not from a product series you expected it to happen,  recently it was reported that a Samsung Note 4 that was purchased by the owner last year,  which had no problems up until this last week exploded while charging, This one severely affecting & somewhat permanently scarring a little girls face, Earlier events that were prominent with the Note 7 had happened without much of a damage that was a direct threat to  any person or this severe & this event happened in the worst way, According to the translated report from the original news site , The owner 9th of March set his phone to charge overnight near the bed plugged in to the wall charger where their little girl was sleeping & according to the parents statement the child was sleeping in the far other end/corner of the bed & they went to sleep & later woke up to the noise of the child's cry , upon approaching finding out that the phone had blown up & had left a slightly chaotic scene burning the bedding side and unfortunately their daughter’s face.

i checked the specs on the phone & According to gsmarena the phone packs in a 3220 mAh battery Removable , with that much of a capacity packs a pretty awful punch when/if it goes off , since the phone is this much used for near a one year period we have to assume it's not a manufacturing issue out of the box,  either the battery gone bad & started to swell up  & owner didn't notice & kept using it anyways , Details are limited on this at the moment , Maybe some form of electrical shortening cause the  power adapter to do something , maybe a counterfeit lowcost battery or a charger was used that caused it to overheat & explode

Injury Image : (Slightly graphic images)

20170310214759305.jpg

The actual extent of the burn was not reported , 1st or 2nd degree from the looks of it

20170310214759448.jpg

aftermath image of the device

"Feng Lingling's wife said that now, her daughter every night will call the pain, simply can not sleep, at the same time, because the mouth was burned, she can not even eat anything, every day can only drink a little water.

samsung-galaxy-note-4-9024.jpg

Last Years Note 7 had a severe problem with the batter overheating & completely damaging the phone while charging. The problem turned out to be  quick hustle in manufacturing the battery & flooding it to the market for the company profit & it hit them back severely , even making the phone into somewhat of a no fly list category because of its potential to do harm , The company has then implemented an improved security checkup protocol to the phones safety.

SamsungsBrandsareonFiyaaah!

a99f22c13266fff043631e98486b54e9.jpg

& So in conclusion , do regularly check weather your battery has any form of deformity & other issues , try to replace them in a respectable amount of time after the warranty period is done with & post your thoughts on this down below, was it the parents fault for leaving a phone plugged in at a very close proximity to their child? or was ti the manufacturers fault?

Other similar events with the same model of  Samsung's note were reported , but those were pretty rare >> Below is the image reported by a man in Michigan last year , One reported from Pakistan

3B13714D00000578-4003282-image-a-49_1480

Souce: (WWCF & Wccf linked source , yes i know ) That is the only source afaik

http://wccftech.com/samsung-galaxy-note-4-explodes-5-year-girl-burnt/

http://www.guancha.cn/society/2017_03_10_398190.shtml

Reveal hidden contents

Its-the-bomb-20-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-7-me

are people still stupid and use this?? I thought they banned it (I know on planes)

MY MAIN BUILD AT FATHERS HOUSE!

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz 8-Core Processor CPU COOLER:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard

RAM: 32gb ddr3

Hard Drive:  Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Graphics Card:  MSI Radeon RX 470 DirectX 12 Radeon RX 470 ARMOR 4G OC 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Case: Rosewill TYRFING ATX Mid Tower Case

Network Adapter:  TP-Link TL-WN781ND PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter

Case Fans:  Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan (PLUS THE STOCK CASE FAN)

Monitor:  Asus VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor

Keyboard:  Thermaltake CHALLENGER PRIME Wired Gaming Keyboard

Mouse:  MSI Interceptor DS B1 Wired Optical Mouse

Speakers: Logitech Z200 0W 2ch Speakers

3 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Any Lipo battery can explode, I remember an S4 exploded from being charged under a pillow.... The battery wasn't genuine and charging under a pillow is an absolute no-no. As a Note 4 owner, I recently replaced one of my Lipo batteries, the one that shipped with the phone, and it was kinda bulging after almost two years of use. The battery had a pretty reduced capacity and like I said, swelled badly, but it showed no signs of spontaneously combustion, more like a slow fart that slowly turns wets. 

reminded me of this

Details separate people.

1 minute ago, Lilninjsways said:

are people still stupid and use this?? I thought they banned it (I know on planes)

This is a Note 4, not a Note 7, they're like two years apart. 

Yours faithfully

14 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

This is a Note 4, not a Note 7, they're like two years apart. 

OHHHHHHH ok

MY MAIN BUILD AT FATHERS HOUSE!

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz 8-Core Processor CPU COOLER:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard

RAM: 32gb ddr3

Hard Drive:  Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Graphics Card:  MSI Radeon RX 470 DirectX 12 Radeon RX 470 ARMOR 4G OC 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Case: Rosewill TYRFING ATX Mid Tower Case

Network Adapter:  TP-Link TL-WN781ND PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter

Case Fans:  Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan (PLUS THE STOCK CASE FAN)

Monitor:  Asus VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor

Keyboard:  Thermaltake CHALLENGER PRIME Wired Gaming Keyboard

Mouse:  MSI Interceptor DS B1 Wired Optical Mouse

Speakers: Logitech Z200 0W 2ch Speakers

And what charger were the using? 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

21 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

And what charger were the using? 

no detail on that from the source site

Details separate people.

1 hour ago, laminutederire said:

Not cheap on components is indeed necessary as well. You don't need to sleep with the phone close, you can put it away on the desk for instance.

Basically,  not letting people falling asleep while using their phone,  because their sleep cycles might be delayed because of that

What if you have an alarm on it?

Pascal laptops guide

6 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

The Note 4 does indeed have a back cover!

I never said the Note 4 didn't. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

3 hours ago, laminutederire said:

Also, If I recall correctly the charger shouldn't charge the battery if its full.

Pascal laptops guide

3 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

What if you have an alarm on it?

Buy an alarm clock? :P

More seriously, you put it on flight mode without charging it?

In my experience, overnight the battery drops less than 5% in flight mode, so you can charge those 5 percent in the morning if necessary?

It doesn't charge, but the battery drops a bit so it starts charging again a bit sometimes, and that spark could suffice if the charger is bad or whatever.

9 hours ago, Bcat00 said:

As much as i like to disagree with you because that statement is kinda bias, sadly its the truth though.

Aside from bad batteries, they sell alot of cheap counterfeit chargers too that will over volt the phone and can also explode on the other end.

It's not a biased statement, since it's completely true, unfortunately. Being a Chinese person who had lived in China for a good while, I've also fallen victim to shady batteries. None exploded, thankfully, but I've had fully branded batteries I bought as replacements fail literally overnight. :/