Have G-Sync monitors lowered in price?

JoostinOnline
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,
7 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

As I haven't been a PC gamer very long (I just stuck a 750 Ti into my work computer), I only became aware of G-sync and FreeSync about 6 months ago.  I'm not in the market for a new monitor right now, but if I were to stick with NVIDIA, I can see myself eventually wanting to get a G-Sync monitor.  I can't imagine myself spending $400+ on one though.  It's not a viable option unless I start making way more money or prices go down.  Have prices been dropping on them since they first came out, and is it reasonable to suspect they'll be cheaper in the future?

Not really; some cheaper (because they are lower spec) G-Sync monitors have launched since the initial G-Sync debut, but the price for what you get hasn't changed that much.

As I haven't been a PC gamer very long (I just stuck a 750 Ti into my work computer), I only became aware of G-sync and FreeSync about 6 months ago.  I'm not in the market for a new monitor right now, but if I were to stick with NVIDIA, I can see myself eventually wanting to get a G-Sync monitor.  I can't imagine myself spending $400+ on one though.  It's not a viable option unless I start making way more money or prices go down.  Have prices been dropping on them since they first came out, and is it reasonable to suspect they'll be cheaper in the future?

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Prices didnt drop in Germany. Only returnded "B" Products are cheaper. But who wants that.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Nope, at least i haven't noticed it. It's still a 100 dollar premium thing.

Freesync monitors however are already available for less than 200 bucks :P

Not that they are insane but imo a decent 1080p 75Hz and freesync for less than 200 bucks, not bad.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Just now, blu4 said:

I have an Acer 144hz G-sync monitor, it's only 1080p and TN panel but in UK you can buy it for around £350.

Which is over $400.  Like I said, probably never going to be in my price range.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Just now, blu4 said:

I have an Acer 144hz G-sync monitor, it's only 1080p and TN panel but in UK you can buy it for around £350.

lol that's what I paid for my 1440p, 144hz Freesync monitor :P

Also an Acer (XG270HU) with the added benefit of being tied with the BenQ XL2730Z for lowest input lag among all adaptive sync monitors (Freesync and G-sync included)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I am not sure if they are dropping just yet it is still a pretty hot technology and they only seem to be putting it into higher end monitors.  

I just got the asus rog swift pg279q it has gsync and it is amazing but I only have a 970 and it cant quite push the FPS to really take advantage of it.  Be prepaird if you get a good monitor to then feel like you need a better video card.  

well that is PC gaming in a nutshell anyways  upgrade a part then that makes another par feel old replace that one and repeat forever.  

Just like any technology it will eventually come down.  if you are comfortable switching to AMD the Freesync monitors are much cheaper.  

7 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Not really; some cheaper (because they are lower spec) G-Sync monitors have launched since the initial G-Sync debut, but the price for what you get hasn't changed that much.