Why are AMD cards so shity compared to nvidia?

TheSSVids

Seriously though, AMD has yet to bring a top tier card that could ever hope to compete with nvidias top tier card. Why is that? Why can't AMD make better cards?

As of this moment, AMD (when it comes to GPU's) Is focused on midrange cards, not high end. They arent trying to compete with NVidias top tier models. They are going for the "VR for the masses" sorta thing. They have a perfect ability to create a top tier card, but marketing blah blah blah, they wont.

Asrock B450m/ac| Ryzen 5 3600x | EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX3.0| 16 GB DDR4 3200 | Antec 550w SemiModular| 1 TB WD Black | 1TB SP NVME m.2 | 1TB WD BLUE SSD

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

did kindergarten let out too early? 

19:45 in Norway so I don't think it's too early

This is a signature.

well this will go over well.

inb4 flame war: AMD sucks /kappa

did kindergarten let out too early? 

We had nap time right about now so it shouldn't be.

1 minute ago, 79 Potatoes said:

19:45 in Norway so I don't think it's too early

Norsk?

Main

CPU: i7 4790 Ram: HyperX Savage 24GB DDR3 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 960 MOBO: Asus B85 Pro Gamer SSDs: HyperX Fury 120gb, Corsair Force LX 128gb HDDs: Seagate SSHD 1tb + 1tb seagate HDD CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Pure Rock PSU: Corsair RM650x Case: Fractal Design Define C window Case fans: 2x Corsair AF140 Quiet Ed. 140mm intake, 1x Corsair AF120 Quiet Ed. 120mm exhaust

Peripherals

Monitors: 2x Asus VN247H Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headset: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Mousepad: Steelseries QcK, Corsair MM300 XXL Cables: Corsair Premium Pro Red Sleeved Lighting: Corsair Node Pro

Laptops

HP Probook G4 440

CPU: Core i3 7100u Ram: 8gb DDR4 SSD: 256gb Sandisk X4 Pro Screen: 13.3" TN 

Asus E403SA

CPU: Pentium N3700 Quad Core Ram: 4gb DDR3 SSD: 128gb eMMC Screen: 14" 1080p TN

Phone:

Samsung Galaxy S8

PSU Tier List Updated    Personal Steam Account   

They have shitty cards because they don't have a top tier card?

The 470/480 are both better cards than the 1050/1050Ti/1060 3GB/6GB.  Which this is where most of the market buys.

Vega is confirmed to release sometime from April-May. Likely early April.

Yes, they basically gave nvidia free money with the 1070/1080 but for the 970/980 the 390/x/Fury/Nano were 99% of the time better buys. The Fury X.. was. eh against the 980Ti. For compact living room rigs I could see the potential for it but beyond that, meh.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

They are working on high end cards with Vega

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

4 minutes ago, TheSSVids said:

Seriously though, AMD has yet to bring a top tier card that could ever hope to compete with nvidias top tier card. Why is that? Why can't AMD make better cards?

Even as an Nvidia/Intel fanboy the amd cards are fine, theres nothing wrong with them...

Just now, pelark said:

Norsk?

No, but that's the time zone for almost all Europe

This is a signature.

6 minutes ago, TheSSVids said:

Are you living in a cave? Ever heard of Vega?

i belive he is trolling and trying to start a flamewar. 

but but AMD rx 480 has a base clock of 1750 while gtx 1080 has a base of 1607 clock

there is no war here. rx 480 > gtx 1080. end of debate

Thread locked, the community standards is clear;

No Trolling

• This includes flame wars such as NVIDIA vs AMD, political or religious debate.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !