Martices in programming

montyrule

The question is:

Matrices and programming languages have a close relationship with each other. With the aid of examples explain this close relationship.

Please help

Something Awesome!

I dont like the way that question is worded because my first thought was what is the relationship between a set of rules that define a language and algebra? Strings are a matrix, arrays, objects themselves can form a matrix. I think the question author is looking for anything in code you can manipulate with matrix math that forms a core component of a programming language. I would start with strings as you can easily find examples of matrix operations on them

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

3 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

I dont like the way that question is worded because my first thought was what is the relationship between a set of rules that define a language and algebra? Strings are a matrix, arrays, objects themselves can form a matrix. I think the question author is looking for anything in code you can manipulate with matrix math that forms a core component of a programming language. I would start with strings as you can easily find examples of matrix operations on them

Thanks very much! Huge help :D

Something Awesome!

On 3/7/2017 at 11:18 AM, montyrule said:

Matrices and programming languages have a close relationship with each other. With the aid of examples explain this close relationship.

I have to agree with @M.Yurizaki position that this question is too ambiguous. The question could literally be asking anything. 

Beyond that, it's not matrices and programming that go together, rather, it's matrices and certain types of math that go together. In fact, most of your popular programming languages don't even give you built in ways to do matrix math, you must define those yourself or find them in a third party library. 

The question is wholly wrong and ambiguous on so many levels. Regardless, there are many things you could do. One that hasn't been listed already is any type of anything working with images. A simple task would be to describe a generic convolution matrix function, such as a generic blur algorithm.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME