Bad practices, Unreliability and other reasons why ypou should NOT get the Floatplane club.

givingtnt
18 hours ago, LAwLz said:

snip...

Uploading the same video twice is a problem with the video and should just be said in that topic so it can be fixed, there is no need to start a topic about it screaming to people to stay away from FPC because video's will constantly be uploaded twice and everything always goes wrong which is what his post looks like now.

being in (pre)alpha/beta IS an excuse for some things not working sometimes. Its the whole reason its all in (pre)alpha/beta thats what its for. I don't know where this whole "i pay for it so it should be perfect and if its not ill bash you, bitch and complain about it" comes from but it really needs to stop. It says everywhere that its in (pre)alpha/beta/development, its mentioned in the WAN show quite often and even mentioned in other videos i think. Broken things at this point should not be a reason to start a topic warning everyone to stay away from it. If you have to do that you clearly don't know the meaning of in (pre)alpha/beta/development.

and comparing FPC to a disease? really? anyway, you're taking all this way to serious, have a laugh sometimes, not everything ppl say they mean seriously.....

About the pre-alpha thing, in software people throw out terms like that and everyone's opinion on what (pre)alpha/beta actually is is different. There's no label on it atm so thats why everyone is calling it something different. Let's go with whatever on that one.

i also never said anything about the quality of the video's themselves. But ill take this moment to mention i do agree that FPC should not be a testing platform for those, it should be the same video as it will be on youtube. Because i don't watch LTT video's on youtube anymore, and i hate missing things....

I have no signature

22 hours ago, Helly said:

Uploading the same video twice is a problem with the video and should just be said in that topic so it can be fixed, there is no need to start a topic about it screaming to people to stay away from FPC because video's will constantly be uploaded twice and everything always goes wrong which is what his post looks like now.

Uploading the same video twice was one out of multiple complaints. If you got let's say 5 complaints then why not post all of them in the same thread? No need to post in 5 separate ones. Especially since this is somewhat of a "review" from OP.

22 hours ago, Helly said:

being in (pre)alpha/beta IS an excuse for some things not working sometimes. Its the whole reason its all in (pre)alpha/beta thats what its for. I don't know where this whole "i pay for it so it should be perfect and if its not ill bash you, bitch and complain about it" comes from but it really needs to stop. It says everywhere that its in (pre)alpha/beta/development, its mentioned in the WAN show quite often and even mentioned in other videos i think. Broken things at this point should not be a reason to start a topic warning everyone to stay away from it. If you have to do that you clearly don't know the meaning of in (pre)alpha/beta/development.

I think you missed all three of my points...

On 2017-03-06 at 2:48 PM, LAwLz said:

1) Saying "pre-alpha that feels like a beta is a good thing" is a bad excuse. "You said that it felt like you have type 2 diabetes ... That's good news because you actually have type 1!"

2) FPC is by definition not pre-alpha. It's alpha or beta depending on who you ask, but certainly not pre-alpha (which is the stage before actual testing begins).

3) The part about OP's post talking about it feeling rushed seems to be about the videos. LTT videos are certainly not "pre-alpha". They are suppose to be finished products. The platform, the player and everything like that is probably still in the testing and development phase, but the videos are not.

And I would like to add a fourth point since you're bringing it up.

4) People have gotten way too nice about companies shipping and expecting you to pay for unfinished products. If Ubisoft suddenly started saying all their games were in beta would you suddenly start defending them every time they fuck up, even though they were still selling games in store for full price? If you say yes then damn, all companies should just hide a "currently in beta" or "early access" label somewhere on the box and all of a sudden all negative criticism is invalidated! If you say no then neither Ubisoft nor LMG should be immune from criticisms.

I get that it's early development and that some issues will be expected, but this idea that "it's in beta so stop telling people about how it doesn't work" is inane.

People should get to know what they are getting themselves into before they pay for something. Stop trying to silence criticism.

The video quality is worth the fee alone. And once they get 4k up its going to be that much better. People need to be appreciative of what they have and remember the old days before we could go online and watch whatever we wanted, when we wanted.  You guys know what im taking about, those terrifying times when you had to go to blockbuster to get a movie. And who here remembers when dial-up was the norm and everybody used AOL. So what im saying is you can be unhappy but unless somebody is screwing you, and their not, don't complain. Everything is much easier now.

4 hours ago, LAwLz said:

I get that it's early development and that some issues will be expected, but this idea that "it's in beta so stop telling people about how it doesn't work" is inane.

People should get to know what they are getting themselves into before they pay for something. Stop trying to silence criticism.

Exactly the problem of this topic right there. Like i said before, this has been turned into "it doesnt work at all". Which is completely wrong. A few wrong video's and some mistakes while in development doesnt make it "not working at all". Over 90% of everything done in FPC is going right from our point of view. When the player might not work it is mostly mentioned directly under the video by the one who put it up.

My and a few other peoples point here is that people DO know what they are getting themselves into. Its all over the place that FPC is in development and that it might not work all the time. 

You say i dont get your point, well i think you're not getting my point.

Your ubisoft arguement is also stupid. Ubisoft has fucked up so often few ppl buy into their alphas/betas, and rightly so. LMG hasnt fucked up that often, i trust them more which is the only reason i paid for FPC.

You dont tell people to stay away from something in development because "it doesnt work" the BETA label should indicate as much. You tell people to stay away from it if they expect it to be perfect and never have anything go wrong with it. Which is not what the OP says AT ALL.

I have no signature

4 hours ago, yathis said:

Is the "donation" tax exempt?

Ofc. As much as going to McDonald's. /s

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 3/7/2017 at 9:20 AM, Helly said:

anyway, you're taking all this way to serious, have a laugh sometimes, not everything ppl say they mean seriously.....

There is a place and time for having a good laugh or to joke about, but when someone is critizing a product someone else is making money from and is trying to give constructive criticism, then don't say stuff that you don't mean, or even better, don't say anything unless you mean it. 

It's best to make a thread about how you should not join FPC and not mean it right? 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

this is the internet, grow thick skin, or be like a duck and let things slide off your back

take everything with a grain of salt

I am on @givingtnt side in this.  I'm surprised there wasn't more polish to this, especially with how excited they were to launch it! Coming from an ex-Vessel user, seeing how the videos have all been pasted to YouTube is understandable but feels like a wasted investment.  I understand "donating as a thank you" but don't you think it's a "thank you" enough to watch his content or leave a positive rating? Honestly, It's not an "honor" nor a "privilege" to watch his content.  I certainly enjoy what LMG does and the higher than average productions quality yet I think you're all missing the point here.  Is an import tax seen as a "Thank you" for bringing foreign goods to your country? No.  LMG is the one that should be(and does sometimes quite frankly) thanking us for watching their content.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

6 hours ago, yathis said:

this is the internet, grow thick skin, or be like a duck and let things slide off your back

take everything with a grain of salt

That makes no sense

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

6 hours ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

I am on @givingtnt side in this.  I'm surprised there wasn't more polish to this, especially with how excited they were to launch it!

Vessel closed down Oct 31st, the notice was given under 7 days prior to it. First FPC video was released 1st of November. So service has been in use for 4 months now. At what point did you think you were getting polished service when they had developed site for under 1 month (early stage) and under 6 months (current)?

6 hours ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

I understand "donating as a thank you" but don't you think it's a "thank you" enough to watch his content or leave a positive rating? Honestly, It's not an "honor" nor a "privilege" to watch his content.  I certainly enjoy what LMG does and the higher than average productions quality yet I think you're all missing the point here.  Is an import tax seen as a "Thank you" for bringing foreign goods to your country? No.  LMG is the one that should be(and does sometimes quite frankly) thanking us for watching their content.

What? So when you receive something for free, giver should thank you for accepting it? Or when you buy cookies from girl scouts, thats not supporting their cause? And why you are comparing this to import tax? Thats set in place to control foreign market vs domestic market.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

-snip-

Without an audience LMG does not exist because it does not make money nor is it recognized by brands. With a service that you pay for, polish is expected and I could understand it having a few quirks.  Yet, for this long? Why not run a beta trial where a few devoted fans pay for beta testing and give an official launch later?  The import tax was a stupid analogy to show the obvious, stupid flaw in the argument that "We need to thank them". 

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

6 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

Without an audience LMG does not exist because it does not make money nor is it recognized by brands. With a service that you pay for, polish is expected and I could understand it having a few quirks.  Yet, for this long? Why not run a beta trial where a few devoted fans pay for beta testing and give an official launch later?  The import tax was a stupid analogy to show the obvious, stupid flaw in the argument that "We need to thank them". 

I generally don't think anyone should pay for beta testing. So it would have been better to have videos release at the same time with YT and doing beta testing for pure platform. I admit it was maybe bit too hasty to open platform as so short developing time and request full price for it. But I also think expecting "polished" system while it doesn't even get active promotion isn't realistic. I mean they only advertise it passively on forums and occasionally on WAN Show. So they could as well slam big red BETA sign on every corner of the site (and mention it at store page).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

I generally don't think anyone should pay for beta testing. So it would have been better to have videos release at the same time with YT and doing beta testing for pure platform. I admit it was maybe bit too hasty to open platform as so short developing time and request full price for it. But I also think expecting "polished" system while it doesn't even get active promotion isn't realistic. I mean they only advertise it passively on forums and occasionally on WAN Show. So they could as well slam big red BETA sign on every corner of the site (and mention it at store page).

Assuming they have a weeks worth of videos taped and unedited in advance, they ought to take a break.  Have a meeting where they put together a schedule outlining FPC submissions.

The Louvre

4 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Vessel closed down Oct 31st, the notice was given under 7 days prior to it. First FPC video was released 1st of November. So service has been in use for 4 months now. At what point did you think you were getting polished service when they had developed site for under 1 month (early stage) and under 6 months (current)?

What? So when you receive something for free, giver should thank you for accepting it? Or when you buy cookies from girl scouts, thats not supporting their cause? And why you are comparing this to import tax? Thats set in place to control foreign market vs domestic market.

if it wasn'T ready they didn't nessesarly have to charge for it.

could have waited, or gave the first month free.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004