NBN co Announces first Fibre-to-the-curb Suburbs

SammoFS
Just now, Droidbot said:

Just rollin through 

6092589349.png

thats your "server" or some sht like that right? Can you even use it lol

(P.S it feels like early afternoon for me rn. I slept at 8am and woke at 4pm cause i was up all night waiting for capsaicin and cream)

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

Just now, Rika Shiguma said:

thats your "server" or some sht like that right? Can you even use it lol

(P.S it feels like early afternoon for me rn. I slept at 8am and woke at 4pm cause i was up all night waiting for capsaicin and cream)

yeah, I just hit alt-space (hackintosh) and type 'cord' and it pops up

I can use it for servers, that sort of thing. I use it at school to access discord. 

idk

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

yeah, I just hit alt-space (hackintosh) and type 'cord' and it pops up

I can use it for servers, that sort of thing. I use it at school to access discord. 

wtffff can you even use it for games or sht lol i don't even understand how it works im still that new xD

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

wtffff can you even use it for games or sht lol i don't even understand how it works im still that new xD

nah, it doesn't have a GPU - some other servers have quadros but they're expensive. 

but if you wanna run a game server, run a high bandwidth application, a download server, etc, it's a kick ass machine. I have 4 cores and 7 GB RAM at my hands.

idk

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

nah, it doesn't have a GPU - some other servers have quadros but they're expensive. 

but if you wanna run a game server, run a high bandwidth application, a download server, etc, it's a kick ass machine. I have 4 cores and 7 GB RAM at my hands.

*wants to work so i can make money to spend on a gaming rig and a server* could you tech(teach) (XD) me about some of this stuff (in pm?) or link me to smthn 

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

On 2/28/2017 at 9:40 PM, Rika Shiguma said:

the only reliable isp i have seen deliver 100/40 on any type of thing (fttp,hfc stuff like that) Is my republic. basically always within 90mbps download and 30 upload. 

My Republic is terrible, particularly in peak traffic. Spark is currently the best ISP in terms of service delivery & packages. 

FIbre%20HistoryTrend%20Jan_0.png

https://truenet.nz/isp-speed-trend

Vodafone has definitely fallen on hard times... :|

Just now, Belgarathian said:

My Republic is terrible, particularly in peak traffic. Spark is currently the best ISP in terms of service delivery & packages. 

Never had that kind of issue on My Rep, could be local exchange issue not present in my town or the fact I'm on a business plan. Likely a bit both considering where I am.

1 hour ago, Belgarathian said:

Mhmm That's different. That's New Zealand. Could be somehow different here. You never know. + Isn't all of nz's shit on line all fibre or something? since your government isn't dumber than ours.

I hate the fact that the guy who is in charge (CEO) of the NBN is Bill Morrow. an American. LIKE MATE FUCK OFF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT AUSSIES WANT. YOU AREN'T EVEN AN AUSTRALIAN. stupid prick.

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

Just now, Dredgy said:

Got NBN a few weeks ago. Literally no difference. 

Exactly. Who with? Optus? iprimus? TPG? Telstra? tbh from the "Reviews" I've seen that MyRepublic is the best option. When I supposedly get the NBN in 2019 (fucking twats. REST OF VICTORIA HAS IT AND MY NEAREST SUBURB WAS ONE OF THE FIRST FEW TO GET NBN WHY NOT ME?) I'll go with MyRepublic.

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

1 minute ago, Rika Shiguma said:

Exactly. Who with? Optus? iprimus? TPG? Telstra? tbh from the "Reviews" I've seen that MyRepublic is the best option. When I supposedly get the NBN in 2019 (fucking twats. REST OF VICTORIA HAS IT AND MY NEAREST SUBURB WAS ONE OF THE FIRST FEW TO GET NBN WHY NOT ME?) I'll go with MyRepublic.

Telstra.

Seems to be worse than my previous Telstra ADSL, though results fluctuate everytime I do a speed test. Download speed is usually around 14Mbps with peaks at 18/19. Uploads seem to be capped at 4.5Mbps but today was seeing less than 0.7Mbps.

I was consistently pulling 16Mbps on ADSL2. 

1 minute ago, Dredgy said:

Telstra.

Seems to be worse than my previous Telstra ADSL, though results fluctuate everytime I do a speed test. Download speed is usually around 14Mbps with peaks at 18/19. Uploads seem to be capped at 4.5Mbps but today was seeing less than 0.7Mbps.

I was consistently pulling 16Mbps on ADSL2. 

Telstra is rubbish imo. no unlimited lol

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

11 minutes ago, Rika Shiguma said:

Telstra is rubbish imo. no unlimited lol

Doesn't matter when it comes to speed.

Just now, Dredgy said:

Doesn't matter when it comes to speed.

my brother and I are on the internet 24/7 nearly :P with ISP provided router (ew ik)

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

my brother and I are on the internet 24/7 nearly :P with ISP provided router (ew ik)

Yes, so if you need more data, go with TPG. But it won't be faster than Telstra. Telstra rents a more bandwidth on the NBN so is faster (at least in my area).

1 minute ago, Dredgy said:

Yes, so if you need more data, go with TPG. But it won't be faster than Telstra. Telstra rents a more bandwidth on the NBN so is faster (at least in my area).

I am with TPG. 4mbps down and 0.80 up. i should get 9mbps download

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

On 28/02/2017 at 10:22 AM, leadeater said:

Flip the table again?

8JLXG4.jpg

180?cb=20100702150413

There really needs to be a "lynch this bastard" rating. 

- snip-

16 hours ago, Rika Shiguma said:

Mhmm That's different. That's New Zealand. Could be somehow different here. You never know. + Isn't all of nz's shit on line all fibre or something? since your government isn't dumber than ours.

I hate the fact that the guy who is in charge (CEO) of the NBN is Bill Morrow. an American. LIKE MATE FUCK OFF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT AUSSIES WANT. YOU AREN'T EVEN AN AUSTRALIAN. stupid prick.

NZ Govt's roll out of the ultra fast broadband plan, and RBI is on track to deliver fibre to the door for 85% of the population, at least 50mbps peak speeds to 99% of the population, and 10mbps to 100% of the population by 2024. 

For stuff that isn't fibre to the door, they're doing fibre to the node and VDSL, and wireless solutions such as 4G.