Why are server rack-mount cabinet enclosures so expensive?

everything in the enterprise market is expensive!

it's kinda unfair, but you can understand if you look at it from their point of view

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

2 hours ago, samiscool51 said:

everything in the enterprise market is expensive!

it's kinda unfair, but you can understand if you look at it from their point of view

I think what frustrates me most is that it still shouldn't make sense as a large business pricing out and purchasing cabinets. Why are the prices artificially inflated? It's the same argument that goes for the NES Classic, but in this case there's no artificial scarcity, only the price. NES Classic is an entirely different discussion now that I think about it more.

1 hour ago, Chiller252 said:

-snip-

Yeah, I agree. I don't think server racks are worth what they cost most of the time (Unless shipping is free). I'm depressed that I can get a refurbished SuperMicro server chassis (With PSUs) for $200, but the rails to mount it on the server rack cost $80...

Also, rackmount UPS units cost more than the tower version, despite the tower version usually having a larger battery.

4 hours ago, Chiller252 said:

Why are the prices artificially inflated?

because not many people buy them, so to make a profit they either, a. make them cheaply and sell them at a "reasonable" price b. lower the cost, get less profit, then put the company in a state where it could go bankrupt

basic economics... it's unfair but we as consumers have to live with that

2 hours ago, scottyseng said:

Yeah, I agree. I don't think server racks are worth what they cost most of the time (Unless shipping is free)

same here, but i don't whine about it and i just put up with it and find a better deal

28 minutes ago, samiscool51 said:

same here, but i don't whine about it and i just put up with it and find a better deal

Pretty much, I just try to find everything used or refurbished and I'm all good.

I just hate it when people think they can get enterprise stuff (SAS RAID / HBA cards, server chassis, etc) for cheap...and complain at the cost of it.

Actually though, now that I think about it, for the server equipment companies, they might have a high cost in case someone returns said product (I'd imagine the return shipping or RMA shipping would cost a lot...)

20 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

I just hate it when people think they can get enterprise stuff (SAS RAID / HBA cards, server chassis, etc) for cheap...and complain at the cost of it.

93ca2785582a47c55512560ef77bad49.jpg