so we are going to SAY GOODBYE TO INTEL ?

59 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Intel's not going to cut prices until Ryzen is actually cutting into the margins of products Intel really banks on. That's not likely to happen until late into Ryzen's life cycle with AMD carrying the legacy of Bulldozer, and the members sporting IQ's rivaling dead gold fish touting Ryzen as being a repeat of FX whilst ignoring what AMD said.

Ryzen completely failing is still a possibility. Ryzen could pack twice the computational power of the 7700K per core at the same clock, twice the cores of the 6950X, and consume less power than a 7600U, for that $500, and they could fail just because of their existing reputation.

I honestly disagree. If Intel keeps prices as they are Ryzen will easily cut into the desktop market super easily. That'll definitely hurt them. They'd much rather cut prices before they start losing money like crazy than wait until they start losing money and then cut prices.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 minute ago, DocSwag said:

I honestly disagree. If Intel keeps prices as they are Ryzen will easily cut into the desktop market super easily. That'll definitely hurt them. They'd much rather cut prices before they start losing money like crazy than wait until they start losing money and then cut prices.

That's assuming we live in a world where we forget about the bad feelings, memories, and experiences regarding a company's mistakes, especially when we perceive them as doing nothing to correct said mistakes for 5 to 6 years.

Enthusiasts that understand that companies can make mistakes, take the wrong risks, and can do right afterwards will consider adopting Ryzen, should it meet their use case scenario. But let's face it, people like us are minority, and it's also on us to spread Ryzen as being good to our social circles that aren't as knowledgeable as far as computing is concerned, as much as it is to AMD to advertise Ryzen, both to end consumers and OEMs.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

and consume less power than a 7600U

I don't think that Ryzen draws less than 25W TDP (7600U's TDP-up) under any realistic circumstance other than idle. It has also been revealed that Ryzen's TDP is significantly higher than advertised when in benchmarks (as high as 145W). Reviewers have been seeing 30-40W increases over the 7700K in single-threaded workloads as well. 

Just now, Qwweb said:

I don't think that Ryzen draws less than 25W TDP (7600U's TDP-up) under any realistic circumstance other than idle. It has also been revealed that Ryzen's TDP is significantly higher than advertised when in benchmarks (as high as 145W). Reviewers have been seeing 30-40W increases over the 7700K in single-threaded workloads as well. 

What I said regarding the TDP was a hypothetical miracle that Intel wouldn't be able to combat.

Also, reviewers aren't measuring TDP, they're measuring power draw. While related, they aren't the same thing.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 hours ago, scottyseng said:

I wonder how Ryzen stacks up against the 5820K (Or the other Haswell-E CPUs) though...I've seen quite a lot of them go for pretty cheap. My cousin has one and overclocked, it holds up really well.

For Gaming the 5820K is much better. For Productivity, the 1800X is better.

3 hours ago, scottyseng said:

It's somewhere closer to a 6900K if it worked 100%.

Closer to the 5960X in terms of IPC and worse than the 6900K in terms of overclocking :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

3 hours ago, Drak3 said:

That's assuming we live in a world where we forget about the bad feelings, memories, and experiences regarding a company's mistakes, especially when we perceive them as doing nothing to correct said mistakes for 5 to 6 years.

Enthusiasts that understand that companies can make mistakes, take the wrong risks, and can do right afterwards will consider adopting Ryzen, should it meet their use case scenario. But let's face it, people like us are minority, and it's also on us to spread Ryzen as being good to our social circles that aren't as knowledgeable as far as computing is concerned, as much as it is to AMD to advertise Ryzen, both to end consumers and OEMs.

Honestly though, I don't think that most people have a bad feeling about AMD, but rather don't know or know little about who they are. I guarantee you, if I went around my school asking people who AMD was, most would have no idea what I'm talking about. Even if you ask an older generation, most would most likely still have very little idea of who AMD was. So while it's not optimal, it's better than everyone having a negative image of them. If large computer makers start making computers suddenly with AMD processors, most people probably won't even give it a glance. 

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

On 2/26/2017 at 2:27 PM, SirFlamenco said:

Just hope no Ryzen will be able to compete with my 6850k

Don't worry mate the Ryzen CPU's have weak single thread in game I am disappointed was going to get the 1800x. I think the 6850K is the sweet spot for intel good single core performance and an extra 2 cores over the 7700k for streaming or even just games that can take advantage of them. 

8 hours ago, maria2244 said:

then watch this

the 500$ 1800x cpu matches and even better than the 1200$ 6900k

also you cant compare the 1800x to 7700k in gaming

because the 7700k is even better than the 6900k in gaming

and also the 7700k is using 80 to 100% of cpu load so you CANT multitasking or streaming with it

while with the 1800x and while gaming cores load between 30 to 60 % so you CAN multitasking with it

so intel is dead for me

I'm going for 1800x

It doesn't match it, you can see from benchmarks it's still behind it by about 10-15% at times, and sometimes even more due to horrible memory & cache latency. Even the 7700k pulls ahead of it in certain encoding tasks, such as HEVC 4k Handbrake encoding. Sure it's cheaper, but the 6900k isn't $1200, it's roughly $1000. The 7700k doesn't use 80-100% cpu load while gaming, you can stream just fine with it, I've streamed with no issues and also record gameplay at 100,000 bitrate 2560x1440 60 fps and it works just fine.  GPU's have encoders we can use nowadays for streaming and recording, no need to put the whole load on the CPU.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

i mean, realistically, we should probably be expecting Ryzen to be pretty damn close to broadwell-e in IPC. Keep in mind motherboard manufacturers had 3 weeks to make a Bios for Ryzen. And this is a completely new archetecture that software needs to be optimized for.

19 minutes ago, atavax said:

i mean, realistically, we should probably be expecting Ryzen to be pretty damn close to broadwell-e in IPC. Keep in mind motherboard manufacturers had 3 weeks to make a Bios for Ryzen. And this is a completely new archetecture that software needs to be optimized for.

Bro, there were motherboards at CES. Zen/Ryzen has been in the works for 5 damn years...

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Bro, there were motherboards at CES. Zen/Ryzen has been in the works for 5 damn years...

yeah, and these youtubers that are saying they only had a couple days to review it are liars, they had years. There is only so much you can do as a reviewer or a motherboard manufacturer before the product is finalized.

1 minute ago, atavax said:

yeah, and these youtubers that are saying they only had a couple days to review it are liars, they had years. There is only so much you can do as a reviewer or a motherboard manufacturer before the product is finalized.

You can't seriously be equating a Youtuber, to a motherboard manufacturer. But if you are don't be offended if I tag a freind, cuz he needs the laugh too LOL

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

You can't seriously be equating a Youtuber, to a motherboard manufacturer. But if you are don't be offended if I tag a freind, cuz he needs the laugh too LOL

i'm not; i'm showing you how your logic is flawed, by showing you an example where it is obviously flawed. So your logic isn't sound so you can't reach the original conclusion through it.

Just now, atavax said:

i'm not; i'm showing you how your logic is flawed, by showing you an example where it is obviously flawed. So your logic isn't sound so you can't reach the original conclusion through it.

Did you know I'm a CS major? Did you know that means I've taken the discrete math and symbolic logic, to know just how full of shit what you just said was?

Would you like to collect your thoughts, and try again? 

3 minutes ago, App4that said:

Did you know I'm a CS major? Did you know that means I've taken the discrete math and symbolic logic, to know just how full of shit what you just said was?

Would you like to collect your thoughts, and try again? 

oh great, random internet guy claiming he knows something he probably doesn't. Numerous youtubers have said that their talks with the motherboard makers have indicated that they had only 3 weeks to work on the bios before launch. So either they are making a claim any CS major knows is full of shit or you're full of shit. Because you're just some random internet stranger, I'm pretty sure the latter is more likely.

7 minutes ago, atavax said:

oh great, random internet guy claiming he knows something he probably doesn't. Numerous youtubers have said that their talks with the motherboard makers have indicated that they had only 3 weeks to work on the bios before launch. So either they are making a claim any CS major knows is full of shit or you're full of shit. Because you're just some random internet stranger, I'm pretty sure the latter is more likely.

Well, ya just bumped into a random computer science major, on a forum about computers no less. 

At CES they had no such remarks, I go to UNLV. Now the BIOS is completely different, that's been worked on frantically. But the latest versions were ready for the launch. The motherboard issue is pure smoke and mirrors from AMD.

Long video, but just in case you're actually interested in what's really happening. 

49 minutes ago, atavax said:

Keep in mind motherboard manufacturers had 3 weeks to make a Bios for Ryzen

29 minutes ago, App4that said:

6 minutes ago, App4that said:

Now the BIOS is completely different, that's been worked on frantically.

?

there's no way we are saying bye to intel amd still doesn't have anything more than 16 threads on there cpus and for serious multithreaded workloads like for example the ltt rendering machine also for pure gaming the 7700k is better than any of the ryzen 7s at stock speeds all the ryzen release means for us consumers is competition between intel and amd meaning lower prices and/or better performance but who knows what to expect with the other ryzen chips except for just the ryzen 7s maybe they will just blow intel out of the water and all the way to Leo 2 (a dwarf galaxy about 690,000 light-years from Earth for those who don't know)

23 minutes ago, atavax said:

?

Nope, my bad missed the bios bit in your post. Sorry about that, my mistake. 

1 minute ago, MotherbordEater11 said:

there's no way we are saying bye to intel amd still doesn't have anything more than 16 threads on there cpus and for serious multithreaded workloads like for example the ltt rendering machine also for pure gaming the 7700k is better than any of the ryzen 7s at stock speeds all the ryzen release means for us consumers is competition between intel and amd meaning lower prices and/or better performance but who knows what to expect with the other ryzen chips except for just the ryzen 7s maybe they will just blow intel out of the water and all the way to Leo 2 (a dwarf galaxy about 690,000 light-years from Earth for those who don't know)

I know for gaming and multi-threading I went with Ryzen after selling my 6900k...and you know what the difference is minimal and 600usd cheaper! My 6900k i sold was barley beating my Ryzen 1700x! Did and do I make enough to own a 6900k? Yes! But why throw money out!? For 1k usd I got a 1700x, MoBo 370x, A 500gb SSD, another 1TB HDD, and some change for some Ice Cold Brews!!!!! In Z-Brush R7 and substance painter I don't even notice a difference in performance! In Gaming, yes I notice a bit difference, but it's minimal for the games I play!

can anybody help i might have a problem all i do with my free time is watch lmg videos, make my own videos, go on forum, game, and use social media... i get out of my house voluntarily once every 2 or so weeks and usually its to go somewhere else and play video games but im no doctor it could be perfectly fine 

I really don't if Ryzen live up to the expectation...

So true it hurts

On 3/3/2017 at 11:42 PM, SirFlamenco said:

I really don't if Ryzen live up to the expectation...

meh, its meeting the expectation of being a competitor to the 6900k at half the price and being a viable choice for gaming already, which is impressive considering how little software optimization there has likely been for it. But yeah, I don't think its going to beat Intel's most current cpus at IPC, but i think most people thought that was likely. What i wouldn't be suprised about is if when AMD releases their r3, the highest end version has its turbo made clocked high enough to beat an 7700k in single core performance if both are stock, but then is a horrible overclocker, while if someone overclocks the 7700k it destroys the amd counterpart.