so we are going to SAY GOODBYE TO INTEL ?

1 minute ago, maria2244 said:

then watch this

the 500$ 1800x cpu matches and even better than the 1200$ 6900k

also you cant compare the 1800x to 7700k in gaming

because the 7700k is even better than the 6900k in gaming

so intel is dead for me

I'm going for 1800x

If you don't care about gaming, then yeah. But you might want to look into Xeon first.

But for gaming? Intel is still King on high. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

If you don't care about gaming, then yeah. But you might want to look into Xeon first.

you mean the 7700k ?

I'm MARIA 23 years old Girl (Female) .

Christmas is all about hope , and that hope is NOT possible without JESUS king of kings . I love Christmas .

1 minute ago, maria2244 said:

you mean the 7700k ?

For gaming? Yes. Nothing beats it. 

For you. since you don't care about gaming performance. Ryzen or Xeon

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

when I'm gaming I want also to watch youtube videos

2-record my gameplay

3-stream to twitch

-open my pohotshop and after effects program

can you do this with the 7700k ???

NO you cant

you need 6900k

so 1800x is better than the 6900k so I will go for it .

Christmas is all about hope , and that hope is NOT possible without JESUS king of kings . I love Christmas .

Just now, maria2244 said:

when I'm gaming I want also to watch youtube videos

2-record my gameplay

3-stream to twitch

-open my pohotshop and after effects program

can you do this with the 7700k ???

NO you cant

you need 6900k

so 1800x is better than the 6900k so I will go for it .

*sigh*

Did I say streaming? I said gaming. People who want to play games, not be watched, want the much less expensive 7700k. 

On 2/26/2017 at 7:45 AM, maria2244 said:

yes will miss intel

Intel still commands the server world and performance render market due to the fact that a 22 core Xeon can run 2 Quadros and 2 Teslas (as an example). it all comes down to what you want to run. High-end rendering, servers, and deep learning is still very much Intel's market. The lack of quad channel memory (even though Ryzen theoretically supports 8 channels [architecturally]) has hampered Ryzen's popularity in the HEWS (not HEDT) market that the Intel extreme processors are truly marketed at.

It should be noted that Ryzen is comparing their performance (HEDT) to Intel's (HEWS) on a market that Intel never marketed their extreme line for.

Can't hit the big 5.0GHz though. 

That's the dream. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

2 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Can't hit the big 5.0GHz though. 

That's the dream. 

I think that's what bums me out most about Ryzen...I wish it could overclock well. I was really hoping it would fight with a 6900K to be honest. Right now it's all over the board still with performance with a lot of "It may do better with optimization".

6 minutes ago, Qwweb said:

Intel still commands the server world and performance render market due to the fact that a 22 core Xeon can run 2 Quadros and 2 Teslas (as an example). it all comes down to what you want to run. High-end rendering, servers, and deep learning is still very much Intel's market. The lack of quad channel memory (even though Ryzen theoretically supports 8 channels [architecturally]) has hampered Ryzen's popularity in the HEWS (not HEDT) market that the Intel extreme processors are truly marketed at.

It should be noted that Ryzen is comparing their performance (HEDT) to Intel's (HEWS) on a market that Intel never marketed their extreme line for.

Competition is great for the consumer

at least now people who dream to build a pc with the 6950x which is 1700$

can buy the 500$ 1800x

same performance but way better price .

Ryzen will find a home with people who value bragging rights over actual performance. Sad, but at least it will help out people still using 4th gen i5s to game, as their CPU won't be outdated any time soon. 

Competition is great for the consumer

at least now people who dream to build a pc with the 6950x which is 1700$

can buy the 500$ 1800x

same performance but way better price .

Not the same performance. That's what you're missing. It has the same theoretical performance. 

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Not the same performance. That's what you're missing. It has the same theoretical performance. 

even if it 10% less

its better than to pay 1700$ for a cpu right ?

1 minute ago, scottyseng said:

I think that's what bums me out most about Ryzen...I wish it could overclock well. I was really hoping it would fight with a 6900K to be honest. Right now it's all over the board still with performance with a lot of "It may do better with optimization".

The overclocking is probably the biggest thing i don't like about it. 

Big numbers make the e-peen better but struggling past 4GHz is  disappointing. The top benchers haven't thrown up anymore results of it yet.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

5 minutes ago, maria2244 said:

-snip-

It's definitely not a 6950X. It's somewhere closer to a 6900K if it worked 100%. It's probably much greater than 10%...especially if you overclock the Intel CPUs.

That being said, Ryzen is definitely a great CPU for the price. It's just that these days...the software needs to catch up...or GPU rendering outclasses it.

Though if I wanted a lot of performance at a cheap price, I would get ES chip Xeons from ebay. I got a 14 core Xeon for $500...two years ago...Though the Xeon isn't for gaming (It actually holds up at 2.2GHz surprisingly)

even if it 10% less

its better than to pay 1700$ for a cpu right ?

Do you know why the 6900k costs that much? No one bought them. Hell, I work from my PC and I turned down a 6850k. Too many sacrifices for the little bit of extra productivity. 

X99 has 4 channels of memory, and anything <= a 6800k has 40 damn lanes. Don't think that matters? Then you probably don't need anything over a mainstream CPU. 

The X299 platform will launch soon, buckle up butter cup. 

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 7:11 AM, DocSwag said:

Intel's not dumb. They're gonna lower prices to compete. They aren't dumb enough to go, "Hurr durr AMD is beating us for half the price but we'll just let them keep beating us and potentially bankrupt us instead of lowering prices! Hurr durr."

Intel's not going to cut prices until Ryzen is actually cutting into the margins of products Intel really banks on. That's not likely to happen until late into Ryzen's life cycle with AMD carrying the legacy of Bulldozer, and the members sporting IQ's rivaling dead gold fish touting Ryzen as being a repeat of FX whilst ignoring what AMD said.

Ryzen completely failing is still a possibility. Ryzen could pack twice the computational power of the 7700K per core at the same clock, twice the cores of the 6950X, and consume less power than a 7600U, for that $500, and they could fail just because of their existing reputation.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

-snip-

I wonder how Ryzen stacks up against the 5820K (Or the other Haswell-E CPUs) though...I've seen quite a lot of them go for pretty cheap. My cousin has one and overclocked, it holds up really well.

Just now, scottyseng said:

I wonder how Ryzen stacks up against the 5820K (Or the other Haswell-E CPUs) though...I've seen quite a lot of them go for pretty cheap. My cousin has one and overclocked, it holds up really well.

Good question actually. I still think a better comparison is Ryzen verses Xeon, but yeah that too. 

5 minutes ago, App4that said:

Good question actually. I still think a better comparison is Ryzen verses Xeon, but yeah that too.

i want a 4.7ghz base 5.0ghz boost R5 9590 for 199$ CPU with 4c/8t 10mb cache

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

36 minutes ago, App4that said:

*sigh*

Did I say streaming? I said gaming. People who want to play games, not be watched, want the much less expensive 7700k. 

Yeah but can Intel also butter my toast and wash my dogs? I THINK NOT!

Ryzen here I come. ^-^

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

i want a 4.7ghz base 5.0ghz boost R5 9590 for 199$ CPU with 4c/8t 10mb cache

So you can watch a i3 spank it's ass in BF1? Buahahahahahaha!!!

Just now, App4that said:

So you can watch a i3 spank it's ass in BF1? Buahahahahahaha!!!

i want the AMD version of the i7-7700K...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

8 minutes ago, App4that said:

I think Xeons (the high core ones) would be too expensive (at least not resorting to the ES chips).

But yeah, we were shopping for a CPU / mobo for my cousin's new office / workstation PC and the 5820K is actually pretty cheap used now. We were going to get a 7700K, but it's quite a hard toss up between the two.

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

I think we all want to see that happen. And please, let it overclock well.

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

I want to scratch my knee and my junk at the same time. lifes a bitch. 

My 6700k @ 4.6 ghz is better in  single core performance, so in gaming than any ryzen sooo...

Keeping my Intel !!!

I don't stream, only game on my computer and facebook/youtube stuff..

Pretty happy with my 6700k and it clocked 100 mhz over a 7700k stock so... feelsgood to see that ryzen doesn't beat this cpu yet :) 

( i know a 7700k gets to 5 ghz in most cases, but not gonna upgrade just for that :P )