What does the "parts" part of a parts and labor warranty mean?

LaboonTheWhale

Stupid question I know. 

I managed to lose one of the stock screws that holds down a heatsink on my motherboard that cools a vrm as I had put a waterblock that cools the entire motherboard. 

If the manufacturer offers a parts warranty. Does that mean I can send it in and get the part replaced?

6 minutes ago, LaboonTheWhale said:

Stupid question I know. 

I managed to lose one of the stock screws that holds down a heatsink on my motherboard that cools a vrm as I had put a waterblock that cools the entire motherboard. 

If the manufacturer offers a parts warranty. Does that mean I can send it in and get the part replaced?

It does mean parts, but probably not if you lose them.  

Just ring or email the RMA department - they will probably sell you a screw for 27cents + $5 postage.

"Parts and labor" implies you will be sending it in and they will charge you for the cost of the part and the labor to replace said part.

That being said, you shouldn't have to send that in to get a new screw. You can contact support but they'll probably charge you, or you can do some research and figure out what screw you need and find some somewhere else.

Parts means mechanical failure. Anything broken because of build quality issues etc. Not when you loose or break something.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, Rohime said:

It does mean parts, but probably not if you lose them.  

Just ring or email the RMA department - they will probably sell you a screw for 27cents + $5 postage.

1 hour ago, Kloaked said:

"Parts and labor" implies you will be sending it in and they will charge you for the cost of the part and the labor to replace said part.

That being said, you shouldn't have to send that in to get a new screw. You can contact support but they'll probably charge you, or you can do some research and figure out what screw you need and find some somewhere else.

I have tried contracting support but they all refer me to the asus store and purchase from there. But they sell completed products. Not intermediate parts. I guess im SOL