Budget build for a friend.

kwlkid85

Specs:

AMD A8 5600K

Corsair vengeance Low profile Blue 2133mhz 8gb

MSI FM2-A55M-E33

CiT Imp Micro ATX case

500GB seagate barracuda

09/11/2013 - I'll start posting pictures when the parts start to be delivered.

not bad, not bad. Your friend will be one happy person!

As ti the person who said that ram is too fast for this build, you have no idea how much APU's benefit from higher speed RAM.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

The RAM is way too fast for a budget build and that case is pretty awful.

thats not even constructive criticism. thats just mean :angry:

The RAM is way too fast for a budget build and that case is pretty awful.

im guessing he went with the high ram speeds because he is getting an apu, they supposedly actually benefit from high ram speeds, still though if this is in any shape or form going to be used for gaming you really want to try and find a way to pick up some form of dedicated gpu .. a 7850 or 7870, possibly even 7770 would probably serve him well, if not possible .. i guess theres aways the possibilities for the future, and if it's mainly browsing and general usage i guess it's pretty cool, what about storage and os?

You could get a Corsair 200r for him if he wants a little more classy budget case

Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Cpu: i7 3820 at 4.3 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 | Gpu: XFX hd 7970 Ghz 1100Mhz/1600Mhz Ram: Crucial BallistiX Elite 16GB 2x8 Gb 1866 Mhz

SSD's: 2x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 GB in RAID 0 HDD:Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 Rpm

Cpu cooler: Corsair H100i with SP120's | Psu: Corsair TX 850W My monitors: 3x BenQ 24"  GL2460 = Eyefinity

It's a budget build: you don't get very high tiers of anything. 1866 would be fine.

It's not mean, I'm just saying it how it is...

Trust me, going for a higher tier of ram in this build id worth more than a higher tier CPU. 1866 would be fine but hoently, I have built an APU system for a friend and the higher the memory the better off you are, even check out tek syndicates video on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGlnnMNuEHk

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

im guessing he went with the high ram speeds because he is getting an apu, they supposedly actually benefit from high ram speeds, still though if this is in any shape or form going to be used for gaming you really want to try and find a way to pick up some form of dedicated gpu .. a 7850 would probably serve him well, if not possible .. i guess theres aways the possibilities for the future, and if it's mainly browsing and general usage i guess it's pretty cool, what about storage and os?

The plan is to upgrade to a dedicate GPU in the future, I forgot to add that the storage is a 500GB seagate barracuda.

You could get a Corsair 200r for him if he wants a little more classy budget case

200r is out of the budget without reducing other parts. The case actually arrived today and I'm really happy with it for the price.

Could be a nice budget build.

but if it were me i would drop down the ram and add a gpu, like tobben said.

If you get a 7*** series card u can Crossfire it. That would make up more then enough for the "lack" of ram speed.

Could be a nice budget build.

but if it were me i would drop down the ram and add a gpu, like tobben said.

If you get a 7*** series card u can Crossfire it. That would make up more then enough for the "lack" of ram speed.

I think you are overstating the cost of fast ram. The £35 saving of dropping to 1600mhz wouldn't be enough for a graphics card.

I think you are overstating the cost of fast ram. The £35 saving of dropping to 1600mhz wouldn't be enough for a graphics card.

I didn't say it would cover the cost of a seperate gpu, but it keeps the cost down on a seperate gpu.

and i think it would be a better gaming rig with a seperate gpu and crossfiring it.

I agree with Viepert get lower speed ram and get a 7850 like an Asus Direct CU 2 card, they are great bang for the buck. Just my thought A8 5600K with high speed RAM is a great CPU and great for gaming