Internet speed being limited on pc

Jack Kaye Pc Gamer

Just bought and installed yesterday a new mobo and cpu(Msi Z97 Gaming 5 and a I5 4690K) and everything was working fine yesterday and earlier today. I had been downloading six siege earlier but paused it(at this time internet was working fine at 4.5 megabytes per second/36 megabit per second but went back to download load it just now and its going at 1.2 megabytes per second/ 9 mega bit, so i went onto speedtest and that confirms its being limited to 9.5 megabits per second. Restarted my pc but no difference made, also checked killer network manager as need that for ethernet port to work but that says under ips speed that both up and down are set to 1500 mbs. Anyone know why this is happening as in between the downloads i have changed nothing as i have been on bf1.

CPU: Intel I5 4690K | GPU: Asus R9 280x | PSU: Evga 600w | RAM:8GB DDR3 | HDD: WD 1TB | HDD: WD 500GB | SSD: Sandisk 120GB 

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

are you on wifi or wired? 

Whats the speed of other devices on the network?

wired and other devices are fine, my phones getting about 20 which is normal as i am at other end of house than the router

CPU: Intel I5 4690K | GPU: Asus R9 280x | PSU: Evga 600w | RAM:8GB DDR3 | HDD: WD 1TB | HDD: WD 500GB | SSD: Sandisk 120GB 

1 minute ago, Jack Kaye Pc Gamer said:

wired and other devices are fine, my phones getting about 20 which is normal as i am at other end of house than the router

does something like iperf show the full gig speed?

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

does something like iperf show the full gig speed?

Killer ethernet says full gig

ethernet.PNG

Killer ethernet says full gig

ethernet.PNG

you want a program over your lan at full speed. Do you have a file server of a network speed test like iperf. That is only showing the current link speed. With a 9.5mb speed you might has a 10mb link, and they can sometims switch between 10mb and 100mbiy.

I dont have a file server 

6 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

you want a program over your lan at full speed. Do you have a file server of a network speed test like iperf. That is only showing the current link speed. With a 9.5mb speed you might has a 10mb link, and they can sometims switch between 10mb and 100mbiy.

^

15 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

gonna reinstall the killer ethernet network driver thing

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

not gonna hep, but go ahead

yup did nothing.. what to do now

test a file copy. check the link speed on switches

file copy onto what? another computer on the network?

file copy onto what? another computer on the network?

yep anouter computer plugged in close to the router

will try this now

are you using browser or app(steam) to download? if yes then open cmdprompt as admin then type netstat -b -n -t 3

then end any connections you dont recognize also disable any seeding bittorrent type apps maybe doing also try

netsh

int tcp

set global autotuning=enabled congestionfilter/provider= ctcp

set security mpp=enabled

mpp memory pressure protection

8 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

112mbs so working fine on the network

2 minutes ago, Jack Kaye Pc Gamer said:

112mbs so working fine on the network

and your router does have qos or something like that enabled

and your router does have qos or something like that enabled

whats that?

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

check the speed later, its probably your isp

but why do all my other devices work fine and my upload isnt affected either at 9mbs which it normally is at

but why do all my other devices work fine and my upload isnt affected either at 9mbs which it normally is at

I have no idea from what i see. Its either your router or your isp at this point. You router might be limiting devices that use too much bandwidth, or your isp is throttling services that use too much data.

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

check the speed later, its probably your isp

never mind doing same on my other pc

5 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

I have no idea from what i see. Its either your router or your isp at this point. You router might be limiting devices that use too much bandwidth, or your isp is throttling services that use too much data.

yh its weird because my phone is fine, will change out my splitter i am using to see if that fixes it

6 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

changed port on router and its working fine now, weird...