Buying a new UHD professional monitor

Bouzoo

It's not for me but for my brother-in-law. He is a graphical designer so I'm looking for as high color space coverage as possible. The budget is ~$930 (the prices are much higher in my country). He will be using it with Lenovo Y500 which only has HDMI 1.4 if I'm not wrong but he'll be upgrading that soon as well, and since he'll be using it for picture editing, a lower refresh rate shouldn't be an issue until he upgrades his laptop. 

He already owns a DELL U2414H so he is familiar with their monitors. Something like DELL P2715Q could do the trick, but it's an older model with 79% AdobeRGB and there are models like UP2414Q that support 99%AdobeRGB for instance, but it's only 24'', and from my experience anything below 27'' on UHD should be the bottom line. 

The website that has most models in my country listed is this one (the magical price is 6.300 HRK/kn). Stores might have others monitors listed except the ones at the link, so feel free to recommend them, if they are available in my country I'll dig them out. 

I'm open to all suggestions, doesn't have to be Dell. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

7 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that while it doesn't have to be really small, 43'' is kind of too big in this story. :$

Technically there is no reason to go for Z27s over P2715Q that I listed, since the Dell has slightly better color accuracy, and costs less as well. It's also unavailable atm.

Holy crap.

That budget is bigger than my future computer budget.

And it's only a monitor.

Sadly I have for the first time to bump my own thread, hopefully  people with better monitor knowledge will be able to help.

@Windspeed36 @GoodBytes

18 hours ago, AniJan said:

Holy crap.

That budget is bigger than my future computer budget.

And it's only a monitor.

My 24inch 1920x1200 monitor was $750 :)

Nice monitors costs money sadly. But that was purchased back in 2009, and still holds up crazy well today. And its timeless design, it still looks nice on any desk. Heck even the ugly sticker with all the certification, serial numbers and all that is put in a hidden slide out panel to keep the back nice and clean.

Anyway, in my case it cost so much as it was one of the first IPS monitor that was not only pro-sumer oriented (as oppose to professionals). It also had insanely fast actual response time (still relatively fast today), and "Game Mode" to reduce input lag at the expensive of accurate colors (turned off the color processor, something else it had). It is a true 8-bit per channel IPS monitor (which are still relatively expensive today), wide gamut monitor using CCFL backlit, but still delivers deep blacks (for the time, and considering it was CCFL backlit). No crappy "white" LED backlit. 1:1 pixel mapping support, and had any inputs you want: 2x DVI, HDMI, VGA, DisplayPort, Component and Composite. So I could hook up a game console of the time like the Wii, or the XBox 360. I mean, at the time, it was really impressive, and the 16:10 aspect ratio over 16:9 was very welcome for people doing work on their system. The quality was very high of the monitor, like the fully adjustable stand is in solid metal, including the base. In fact, the base of the monitor is heavier than the monitor itself, which is heavy to the start with due to the CCFL's and all the circuitry needed.

If you wonder, it was the Dell UltraSharp U2410 monitor.

21 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Sadly I have for the first time to bump my own thread, hopefully  people with better monitor knowledge will be able to help.

@Windspeed36 @GoodBytes

I don't know... I have not being paying close attention to monitors these days. There was a big gap of non-interesting monitors for me.

I recall LG having a True 4K monitor, wide gamut. 10-bit, DCP-P3, claimed to be over 99% Adobe RGB.

Ah yes, this one: http://www.lg.com/ca_en/desktop-monitors/lg-31MU97-B-4k-monitors

Check reviews, I haven't.

21 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

I don't know... I have not being paying close attention to monitors these days. There was a big gap of non-interesting monitors for me.

I recall LG having a True 4K monitor, wide gamut. 10-bit, DCP-P3, claimed to be over 99% Adobe RGB.

Ah yes, this one: http://www.lg.com/ca_en/desktop-monitors/lg-31MU97-B-4k-monitors

Check reviews, I haven't.

No one sells it here, and it's >$1600 if I'm not wrong.