GTX 1060 is under performing in league of legends

ZacharyBarbir

So i just purchased a asus gtx 1060 6 gb off amazon, and I have tried planetside 2 and dishonored and both run really nicely, but when I tried league, im am only getting about 90-100 fps. I know I sound greedy, but I think i should be at least getting 200-250 range. My other specs are AMD 8320 cpu, EVGA 650 watt PSU, 16 gb RAM, 2 TB hardrive from Toshiba. If there are any specs I missed, feel free to ask.

not really sure but i think lol has a setting for capped fps (don't quote me on this i heard this not a lol player).

What are the temps and usage of cpu and gpu? 

This guy with a little bit faster cpu got up to 200

It's your cpu league of legends only uses really two cores since it uses a really old version of direct X and your fx has bad single core performance. Fx is all about multi core games like whitcher 3 and newer or direct X 12 games work great but old ones won't. There simply isn't much you can do a i3 that cost the same would play league of legends much better but might play others worse. This is why because say league is poorly optimized. Riot doesn't upgrade if they just make it run super easy. I'm sorry the only thing that would help is over clocking your cpu which I don't suggest not because it's dangerous but because it's a lot of work for one game and not worth any risk that could come. But!! Unless you have a higher than 60 fps screen it doesn't matter. If I was you and had a 60 fps screen I would be happy. 

So, i just played a game, and the clock speed of the gpu was at around 660-900 and it was only 900 a few times. And the cpu usage is around 30-40%, so it seems i need to raise those standards and I don't know how. And ohsnaps, i wasn't even thinking about that, that makes sense, but I still think i should be getting more than I am now in this easy going game.

Your 8 core cpu is about as good when over clocked as a modern i3 which is a 2 core..... Roughly of course.... Which means your two cores is 1/4 the performance of the i3 be happy with the frames you have unless you're under your fps of your monitor I think your good.

If that is on the highest settings, 100 sounds about normal. Your CPU usage is 40% because league can't use those 8 threads.

also fx in 2k17

Its the FX holding it back. League's engine cannot use multiple cores of the CPU. I know because I have fx8350. It uses 2 cores on 50-60% load while GPU(RX480) stays about 50% load.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

• 1 month later...

None of this is really on point. I run an FX-8350, and up until recently an AMD 380x. I was getting 130-160 fps consistently at maxed settings sans anti-aliasing, uncapped. I bought a GTX 1060 6G (going to be used later on a new build but might as well use it now) and installed newest driver. I get from between 30-55 fps at medium settings in League. It is unplayable as it takes 10-15 fps dips (which would be understandable for a cpu bottleneck, but I never dipped under 90 fps with the 380x) at all intervals. Team fights are just not possible, and all other gameplay stays under 50fps with the enormous drops.