Finally an affordable touch screen monitor!

Mysticode

I personally have been avoiding the jump to Windows 8 because I feel it best really benefits a touch screen experience. Touch screen PC monitors have been normally either A: Really low quality, or B: Really expensive, or C: Both, but this new one from Hanns-G looks like a decent contender.

For those of you who don't know Hanns-G, they are a generic asian monitor maker who sell to Newegg, TigerDirect, etc - you'll never really see them in a box store or similar in North America, but I assume you'll find them more commonly in asian stores. I am also 95% sure "I-INC" is another branding their put on their monitors, from my research of both Hanns-G and I-INC products. (I have a 27" I-INC panel that I got for around $350 a few years back, decent thing despite the huge bezel). I digress....

Hanns-G has announced an affordable touch screen monitor. It's 23" widescreen (most touchscreens are 4:3, for Point of Sale use etc), and has 10 point multi-touch to support Windows 8, with 1920x1080 resolution.

(They have a 27" one coming out soon, that I might get to replace my current 27" if the resolution is higher than 1920x1200.)

HannsG_HT231HPB.jpg

SOURCE: http://www.legitreviews.com/hannsgs-first-touch-screen-monitor-affordable_127952

Woah! $300? That's amazingly cheap. :o

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Heh their low cost is why I went with Hanns-G/I-INC in the first place for a 27" display. The reviews were decent to good on TigerDirect, so I said why not and took the plunge. Be warned though dead pixels are common on these run of the mill displays, and my first I-INC that shipped to me came with 5 to 10 dead/stuck pixels. After fixing a few stuck ones, the dead ones were too annoying so I returned it (free shipping) and got a replacement. The replacement had no dead pixels, but a couple stuck ones that were fixed. Every other month a stuck pixel or two show up, but are easily fixed. Not too shabby though I'd say for a $350 27" monitor purchased over 3 years ago!

Personally, I would go with something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Computer-H6V56-21-5-Inch-LED-lit/dp/B00CTODKIO

I have nothing against the oddball brands you don't commonly see, but given the choice between two that are similarly spec'd and priced I'll go with someone I know and use first.

They had it on sale for $210 a few weeks ago directly from Dell.

$300? Isn't exactly "cheap". I was expecting $150-$200, now that's cheap.

Meh, personally not interested, but to each their own.

So this is intended for use on a desk? What's the point of touch screen where you have to reach your arm out?

Pretty much this.

Praise Duarte!

$300? Isn't exactly "cheap". I was expecting $150-$200, now that's cheap.

Meh, personally not interested, but to each their own.

+1 I was also expecting around $200 for the 24 inch touch screen. Great for Windows 8 users :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer