Ryzen Or Kaby lake

Hello I was wondering if for a editing pc i should get a 8 core fx 8320 a core i5 7500 or wheather i should wait and get the 4 core ryzen. I dont know which to choose as kaby lake is newer than the fx 8320 but the fx has 8 cores and I already have ddr3 ram but if i get the i5 or wait till ryzen i would have to invest in ddr4 for ryzen waiting doesent matter and the motherboard also doesent matter i was just curious on wheather to buy now a i5 7500 or a fx 8320 of wheather i should wait till ryzen thanks for the help :P

for gabens sake dont buy FX, wait for zen and then decide between kaby lake and zen.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

2 minutes ago, hellochicken said:

Hello I was wondering if for a editing pc i should get a 8 core fx 8320 a core i5 7500 or wheather i should wait and get the 4 core ryzen. I dont know which to choose as kaby lake is newer than the fx 8320 but the fx has 8 cores and I already have ddr3 ram but if i get the i5 or wait till ryzen i would have to invest in ddr4 for ryzen waiting doesent matter and the motherboard also doesent matter i was just curious on wheather to buy now a i5 7500 or a fx 8320 of wheather i should wait till ryzen thanks for the help :P

You prob dont want to get a fx and we do not know how zen ryzen will do so just give it some time. 

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

A few possibilities:

• You buy an i5-7500 now and RyZen shocks the world by beating it, and you feel stupid.
  • You buy an i5-7500 now and RyZen comes out lagging behind, and you feel smart (and more than a bit lucky).
  • You wait for benchmarks, then make an educated decision based upon price to performance ratio and your needs, and you are smart.
  • You buy an FX 8320 and are stupid.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

8 minutes ago, hellochicken said:

wait for ryzen to come out then make your decision then

Wait a while longer with Ryzen so soon and forget older AMD then. But would say that in genreal something like a normal i7 is handy to have for this or a Ryzen equivelant of similar performing.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

Is the system just for video editing and rendering?

If it is then maybe even consider a Xeon as you can find them pretty cheaply from ex servers. Buying a Xeon will also give you added stability and will give you the ability to use ECC Ram. Even with the Xeon considered i would still wait for ryzen and see what they are offering, What Software are you using for rendering and editing because the software may not support some features and may prefer different hardware. As it is for rendering/editing cores being what you want to look making Xeon look pretty good in this situation. I personally don't know much about kaby lake so i cant give you my opinion on that.

Good luck

-Coop

I plan on only video editing and rendering using adobe premere pro and and photoshop thanks to everyone who responded as this is currently a controversial topic although I will wait for ryzen and then make an educated answer whether it is ryzen kaby lake or a used xeon