I need a budget gaming laptop

Hello.

I am currenty enjoing my build that I did in september. But I realized somethings. 1. I went overkill and was in debt for a bit. 2. I need a new laptop for high school/College.

While I maybe pushing the life of the laptop preaty far, I pushed my current laptop's out for a while, 10 years to be exact (ok i didn't have it for that long I got it used about 3-4 years ago, but still). It is heavy and slow now (can barly run browser stuff and weighs 8-10lbs). 

I need a laptop that is light that I can take to class and carry it around etc., but also pick up a few games every now and then, like a quick match of overwatch.

My budget is $800, but if it is around the price point for a little more Im fine with it.

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

dell inspiron 

Which one? (BTW my current laptop is a dell latitude E650)

2 minutes ago, Vaderthegamer said:

Which one? (BTW my current laptop is a dell latitude E650)

build a desktop and get a chromebook 

Don't get a gaming laptop for college/hs. 

They're heavy, bulky, and generally suck. 

Most I'd recommend is a Dell Latitude of some sort, like an E6430. Get one with a GPU, then upgrade the processor to a quad and you're kicking ass in style. And you can remove the DVD drive to put an extra 3-cell battery in there. 

idk

13 minutes ago, Vaderthegamer said:

Hello.

I am currenty enjoing my build that I did in september. But I realized somethings. 1. I went overkill and was in debt for a bit. 2. I need a new laptop for high school/College.

While I maybe pushing the life of the laptop preaty far, I pushed my current laptop's out for a while, 10 years to be exact (ok i didn't have it for that long I got it used about 3-4 years ago, but still). It is heavy and slow now (can barly run browser stuff and weighs 8-10lbs). 

I need a laptop that is light that I can take to class and carry it around etc., but also pick up a few games every now and then, like a quick match of overwatch.

My budget is $800, but if it is around the price point for a little more Im fine with it.

Build a good desktop, then get the cheapest laptop that supports Steam in-home streaming if you want to game.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

18 minutes ago, Vaderthegamer said:

Hello.

dell inspiron 7000 gaming series.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

9 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Don't get a gaming laptop for college/hs. 

They're heavy, bulky, and generally suck. 

Most I'd recommend is a Dell Latitude of some sort, like an E6430. Get one with a GPU, then upgrade the processor to a quad and you're kicking ass in style. And you can remove the DVD drive to put an extra 3-cell battery in there. 

That video is a load of bullpoop... nowadays gaming laptops for the same price as they were before, are portable and include desktop GPU's. $800-900 can get you a PORTABLE i5 laptop with a 1050 Ti which is more than enough for light gaming and work.

1 minute ago, Coombzy said:

That video is a load of bullpoop... nowadays gaming laptops for the same price as they were before, are portable and include desktop GPU's. $800-900 can get you a PORTABLE i5 laptop with a 1050 Ti which is more than enough for light gaming and work.

And 2 hours of battery life, so it runs out halfway through a lecture. 

Define portable. Portable for some people is 17.3" laptops in a laptop backpack. I'd rather have a small machine to take around, write notes on, type stuff up and then just go home and play games. 

idk

12 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

And 2 hours of battery life, so it runs out halfway through a lecture. 

Define portable. Portable for some people is 17.3" laptops in a laptop backpack. I'd rather have a small machine to take around, write notes on, type stuff up and then just go home and play games. 

15 inch thin form factor laptops, they're about an hour while gaming but doing casual stuff like taking notes or working it'll be close to 4-5 hours depending on model. The OP wants a laptop to game casually on at college and work which I assume in most colleges there are power outlets you can use for this.

3 minutes ago, Coombzy said:

15 inch thin form factor laptops, they're about an hour while gaming but doing casual stuff like taking notes or working it'll be close to 4-5 hours depending on model. The OP wants a laptop to game casually on at college and work which I assume in most colleges there are power outlets you can use for this.

OP stated he already has a desktop. Why not just buy something like an ultrabook with a Core M3 or a U series i5/i7, a big SSD and a long battery life? It won't sound like a jet engine, it's fanless, and most have touch screens so you can fold it up and sketch notes on the fly. 

Inspiron 7000 15 is not thin at all. The Acer one showed off at CES is, but Acer being Acer it's gonna be cooled like shit. 

idk

5 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

OP stated he already has a desktop. Why not just buy something like an ultrabook with a Core M3 or a U series i5/i7, a big SSD and a long battery life? It won't sound like a jet engine, it's fanless, and most have touch screens so you can fold it up and sketch notes on the fly. 

Inspiron 7000 15 is not thin at all. The Acer one showed off at CES is, but Acer being Acer it's gonna be cooled like shit. 

For a 15 inch laptop the Inspirion 7000 is thin, especially for a gaming machine. It doesn't matter if the OP has a desktop, Some people like to have a secondary portable machine to game during breaks or take away to a friends house. The OP clearly wants a machine that will last as well, an ultrabook wouldn't last as long as his previous laptop. While laptops used to be thick and bulky (take the ASUS G75* series) even they have released thinner and evenly spec'D machines.

5 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

No! Never again. Currently my school forced us to use chromebooks and they were the worst thing. Horrible processer that could barly run anything. Now some new modles may be better, but still. That experiance has made me hate them. I still have mine and plan to sell it by next school year.

5 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

No! Never again. Currently my school forced us to use chromebooks and they were the worst thing. Horrible processer that could barly run anything. Now some new modles may be better, but still. That experiance has made me hate them. I still have mine and plan to sell it by next school year.